Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Jim Dorchak: Yep it was all on the news here in Chile that no one was attending Masses held by the Holy Father Our Pope Francis while he was here in Chile. Here there is a saying; Pope Who?
- Winfield: In light of this inexcusabl y shabby treatment — and just plain lack of manners — it will be some time before I make another donation to the Shrine. [I must RUSH to repeat...
- HeatherPA: This is an uncomforta ble topic for me because of the conflict I feel about it. I live in a rural area. We have pretty crappy public schools that have went the way of the world, and...
- Semper Gumby: Amen. And God bless the Holy Name Society of the NYPD.
- Julia_Augusta: Just say no to mega-Masse s. They are public spectacles . Can you really concentrat e and find silence surrounded by thousands of people?
- Hb: There were thousands of extra consecrate d hosts left over from the Papal Mass in Philadelph ia. They were given to any parish that would take them. The hosts were in ciboria though – not...
- ChiaraDiAssisi: Thank you. This podcast reinforces a good homily our priest have on Friday evening. He really touched on those subtle forms of pride. Also the mention of “equ ivocati...
- Gripen: For an eighth-gra der back in the good old days, I’m pretty dumb. But I aced that 1926 SAT!
- Imrahil: Dear Mariana2, well, I’m German, so that explains the Karl May. Though I did not read any of his books as a child, and only a bit of them later, while I did read The Black Stall...
- Fr Martin Fox: Dear Father: I’m sorry to hear about your difficulty at the Basilica. If I may ask, do you think it was a question of them having the particular necessarie s (altar cards,...
- Imrahil: Well, my “dec ision̶ 1; is: At one point someone, looking out at the much smaller than anticipate d crowd, should have said, “Gee. Maybe we should remove some of these ciboria...
- Charles E Flynn: We can be thankful that you were not asked to check your biretta.
- mercy2013: The concept of self-relia nce that you mention is the reason that we pulled our kids out of Catholic school this year. I left my 6-figure job to homeschool them. Granted, we are fortun...
- tominrichmond: There̵ 7;s a germ of truth in this. One reason these schools are attractive targets is their size; public high schools tend to be very large, making it easier to find a target-...
- LarryW2LJ: Of course the Ten Commandmen ts are not ideals. God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what’ ;s good for us and in the end, what will make us happy. True happiness is...
- oledocfarmer: I saw this exchange and thought the same thing. It’s chilling,
- jbazchicago: Just tell Walter Rossi he has no chance of becoming a bishop and he won’ t care anymore.
- Dad of Six: “Bas ilides Melchischy ros” in First Things today has a witty take on a certain Cardinal 8217;s recent “elu cidation of Amoris Laetitia.& #8221; https://ww w.first...
- Gregg the Obscure: With respect, was it necessary to mention that you intended to celebrate the Vetus Ordo? Could you not have simply asked if, say, the Guadalupe altar might be available for you...
- teomatteo: That impressive home to our Lord was built with the EF as its only option. Oh how we denigrate our past generation s that have sacrificed and built so much for us.
- APX: Why do priests, when asking for permission say it’s the EF? Is it really necessary? Do other priests say they’ ;re saying the OF when asking permission ?
- JonPatrick: As a kid I loved the book “Los t in the Barrens 221; by Farley Mowat – about 2 Canadian kids in Northern Canada one white and one Cree Indian who as the title suggest get...
- Benedict Joseph: I was at once dumbstruck and consoled listening to this last evening. It was difficult to believe such common sense and profound depth was emerging from the television . These two...
- Peter Ignotus: I had a similar experience saying Mass at Fatima. So many beautiful side-altar s in the Basilica, and they put me in the bridge from Star Trek (I was by myself). No crucifix to be...
- Grumpy Beggar: Several quotes: Tucker Carlson : “att acks on the nuclear familyR 21; “fam ily is the final bulwark against the spread of government power̶ 1; Mark Steyn : ̶...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- Ash Wednesday, Fasting, Abstaining, and You – with notes on alligator, endothermic moonfish, and muskrat
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Platteville
A little while I posted an update about a group of liberals in Platteville, WI (D. Madison) who, rebelling against their priests, worked to undermine the finances of the parish and school. The fruit of their labors has now come to … Continue reading