- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- midwestmom said Thank you, Father. Great voice; you could do voice...
- Joe in Canada said I do believe that the United States is the world...
- robtbrown said Hans, A bit about priests with secular professions...
- robtbrown said Hans, I forgot to answer #4. The requirements fo...
- Cafea Fruor said Maybe I’m a masculine woman, but I sure as h...
- SKAY said Unfortunately I think the fines keep going up.
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: @robtbrown. I would suggest those perc...
- robtbrown said Hans, 1. I am not arguing that I have the authori...
- Pater Raphael said Good Morning all! Have just seen your post and I w...
- smittyjr63 said PAY THE FINE PEOPLE! And save your money incase yo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I should have added that Orby Shipley’s ‘Car...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! I have not reread this in ages! I note...
- Elizabeth D said I appreciate fib09002, especially the comment at 6...
- Elizabeth D said Jack in KC feels that my “idea that we shoul...
- MarkJ said I am dreading the day when someone decides to cele...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. Pretty much every permanent deacon in the paris...
- Imrahil said Dear @TomD, one thing at any rate I am fairly conv...
- Imrahil said Dear @fib09002, I don’t think the dear @TomD...
- Suburbanbanshee said And no, I’m not talking about the “gay...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the leaders of linguistic change in the...
- What Is a Carol? - BigPulpit.com said [...] Pentin, The Daily Reg ACLU Lawsuit Targets U...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown. I would suggest those perceptions tha...
- Lin said If the USCCB, priests, and religious would stick t...
- Fr. Bryan said I suppose that the acceptance of the cassock varie...
- teejay329 said iowapapist…. with sincere gratitude….I...
- ASPM Sem said @Patti Day Whenever I visit my parish I wear my ca...
- fib09002 said TomD: You wrote: “Freedom is Man’s natural s...
- fib09002 said penitentman80: It seems that you believe that an h...
- C N said The people I’ve talked to who looked into a...
- Hans said robtbrown rote: IMHO, the problem could have bee...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: poll
Will some of you bloggers out there give me a hand with this? It would be nice to have a large sample. I am trying to keep this as neutral and as objective as possible.
The last TV debate before the … Continue reading
There is a lot of discussion about holding hands during the Our Father.
I am curious about your preferences.
Please chose your best answer and give your reasons or explanations in the combox, below.
Do NOT.. do NOT… engage each other in the … Continue reading
Here is a survey about YOU. Pass the word to others.
IMPORTANT: Anyone can participate in this survey. I cannot tell who you are or even where you are. If some bishop or priest out there is worried about being identified, … Continue reading
Thanks to all of you who have been ordering Mystic Monk Coffee and Tea from the Carmelites in Wyoming. You are helping them build their new monastery and put groceries on the table. You are also helping me put groceries … Continue reading
Please choose your answer and give your reasons in the combox below.
Technorati Tags: CDF, poll, preamble, SSPX
From a reader:
I went to Mass and Benediction this evening and at Communion time, and I under-estimated how small the pieces of host were in my mouth before swallowing, and there was a really large sharp chunk that got stuck … Continue reading
If you are a blogger, may I ask that you link to this poll? It would be good to have a large sampling.
UPDATE 1407 GMT:
And also…. added as an afterthought, so the numbers might not match the poll above. You … Continue reading
The formidable William Oddie, a columnist of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an opinion piece on the 1994 interpretation of the Latin Church’s Canon Law which permitted service at the altar by females. Keep in mind … Continue reading
In another entry, I offered and reacted to Archbishop Dolan’s (Archd. NY) comments about our Catholic identity, external markers seen by others and ourselves which reinforce that identity and communicate it to others and the former practice of meatless Fridays … Continue reading