Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Iacobus M said When I was studying for a masters degree in Englis...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Andrew D has given a good analysis of the history...
- RomeontheRange said Belmont Abbey College in Charlotte NC has hosted a...
- Mike said Plug-in on Chrome under Windows 7 worked fine. Tha...
- SKAY said Thank you, Father.
- Bryan D. Boyle said Ahhhh…but who can (sadly) forget: http://you...
- MrsMacD said Searched for the Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apo...
- The Masked Chicken said Sorry. That should be Duke Ellington, not Count B...
- The Masked Chicken said “The question about modal jazz peaked my cur...
- MrsMacD said Day four of clicking on Here link and ending up at...
- The Masked Chicken said “Nothing new under the sun. The Church Fathe...
- Sonshine135 said I sat on my hands believing what everyone told me-...
- Christopher Hunt said Good Padre, The link to the Benedictine music goes...
- Caritas said I do not mean to downplay the importance of the is...
- barre218 said Could you please tell me where it’s written...
- PA mom said Absolutely love the Bells of St Mary’s. May...
- JJZ said The Constitution De Fide Catholica, mentioned in F...
- Legisperitus said Here is where I’m confused about “the...
- Deborah Maxwell said In my parish in the UK, the children go out at the...
- liebemama said Did you notice how all the children’s heads...
- Phil_NL said Another point is whether or not the first marriage...
- Fr_Sotelo said What is this discussion is about? Is it about some...
- JohnNYC said In this sweet clip from the film “The Bells...
- Sword40 said I have an adopted son, who is now 45 years old. He...
- Anita Moore OPL said Look, the question of what is appropriate music fo...
- Grumpy Beggar said APX says: . . . I would have found the breaker box...
- anna 6 said Not only would I have liturgical concerns… I...
- Bea said Where does a Creole Mass fit into all this? Fortun...
- Bea said Ah that’s when hollywood had the legion of d...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Matt Robare saying “Traditional Sacred Music...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
- In The Wild: motorcycle edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: poll
From a reader:
I went to Mass and Benediction this evening and at Communion time, and I under-estimated how small the pieces of host were in my mouth before swallowing, and there was a really large sharp chunk that got stuck … Continue reading
If you are a blogger, may I ask that you link to this poll? It would be good to have a large sampling.
UPDATE 1407 GMT:
And also…. added as an afterthought, so the numbers might not match the poll above. You … Continue reading
The formidable William Oddie, a columnist of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an opinion piece on the 1994 interpretation of the Latin Church’s Canon Law which permitted service at the altar by females. Keep in mind … Continue reading
In another entry, I offered and reacted to Archbishop Dolan’s (Archd. NY) comments about our Catholic identity, external markers seen by others and ourselves which reinforce that identity and communicate it to others and the former practice of meatless Fridays … Continue reading
From a reader:
Some friends were having a discussion about whether or not making the sign of the cross after receiving Holy Communion is encouraged, discouraged, or doesn’t matter either way. What say you ?
I saaaaay…. I sayyyyy…
Sure. Why not? Great … Continue reading
So… rumor has it that the Instruction on Summorum Pontificum will be released soon. Spies say “within two weeks” of the time I am writing, which is 9 May, Monday. We know it won’t be today.
When will it be?
Have a … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I’m wondering, I seem to remember hearing about a letter or something where Pope Benedict asked seminarians to wear clericals when going to audiences or something… I believe this was in reference to his visit to the US … Continue reading
I was out with a priest friend for the afternoon. He came into town to visit me and have some RnR after his Holy Week and Easter exercises.
We visited several churches, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and then had some … Continue reading
Let’s return for a moment to your experience of the Triduum and Holy Thurday’s Mass of the Last Supper.
The rite of washing of feet, or Mandatum, is an option in the Roman Rite. I know of a few places where … Continue reading