HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- MrsAnchor: http://wdt prs.com/bl og/wp-cont ent/upload s/2019/05/ img_0809.j pg Hoping this photo shows. There are layers of fabric underneath the Black & Colored Damask. To the left there’s a...
- MrsAnchor: R* and below to the LEFT (is what I meant)
- MrsAnchor: Fr. Zuhlsdorf: The Alternativ e Black Fabric with the Colored Ted Flowers & Greens etc? That’s the Photo I was commenting on. Below to the Right there’s a doppelgäng er purple fabric...
- teomatteo: “ 230;why create confusion? ” So that footnotes can rule?
- Fr Martin Fox: I think it is manifest what Father Martin is doing: he is being deliberate ly and studiously ambiguous, and giving hints without coming out and saying too much that will cause him to...
- Fr Martin Fox: Jerome: I certainly understand your concerns. My response to your question about how you know whether a priestR 17;s intentions are upright or not is the following: –...
- brianmsaxton: I also have a 5 year old daughter who I would love to find playing Mass someday, for whatever that’ ;s worth. I honestly don’ t think it’s important that she knows...
- richiedel: Jerome Charles, Baloney: gay people hear that God loves them all the time. To attempt to forward Fr. MartinR 17;s agenda on the false premise that people wouldnR 17;t otherw...
- OrangeBlossom: What about having her attend an atrium? Catechesis of the Good Shepherd A Montessori way of teaching the faith https://ww w.cgsusa.o rg Here are some materials: http://www .ourfat...
- Semper Gumby: acardnal: *a tip of the fedora*
- monstrance: “Making linens , Getting stains out “ Oh ! Such toxic masculinit y !
- Spinmamma: As a former prosecutor , I am very familiar with the grooming process. Even so, I could not finish the audio but had to read the transcript instead, my soul recoiled so much from the...
- Benedict Joseph: Can any of us fail to see that what is transpirin g across Church and society, across nations, is of the same piece, orchestrat ed and rooted in atheistic Marxist social analys...
- Spinmamma: Thank you for your commentary and photosR 11;greatly enjoyed by this armchair traveler. And very informativ e.
- JRP: Children of this age have great imaginatio n, and can begin to grasp hidden things – mystery – behind the outward form. Their capacity to form images is strong, their capacity for...
- Spinmamma: All of the above, plus make sure she understand s the primacy of Mary among humans and foster a devotion to her (secondary ) as well as to the Eucharist.
- acardnal: Well said, SemperGumb y!
- Semper Gumby: The words and deeds of Jesus Christ oblige us to be charitable to neighbors. So do the deeds of pious clergy and laity down through the centuries. Amen. However, it is also obligat...
- Felipe: Thank you so much for your posts. I’m missing Rome, especially al the small details you forget about due to the grand highlights of our trips there. I would love a reproducti on of that...
- majuscule: This is a more direst link to the EF paper doll: https://ww w.catholic extension. org/storie s/father-p eter-1943- cutouts-bo oklet-cath olic-exten sion
- majuscule: You can print your own paper dolls̷ 0; Part way down the page there are other crafts on the page) find Fr. Alejandro, an Ordinary Form priest: http://www .mass-expl ained.c...
- Rob in Maine: domesticch urchsupply .com has a great LEGO mass set. They just came out with a confession al with working lights!
- Suburbanbanshee: Forgot to say — if you go the doll or paper doll route, let the girl choose. Talk to her about suitable choices but keep it light, and do not make the kid shy or worri...
- APX: Your daughter is just being normal for her age and developmen t. When I was around that age, I would raid my mom’s china cabinet and take her fine crystal ware and hide in the bathroom to play...
- Suburbanbanshee: St. Teresa and St. Therese were both big on playing Mass, priest, missionary , martyr, hermit, Crusader, etc., both alone and with friends or siblings. It is a thing for girls, too.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
For a while I have intended to write something on Pope Francis’ harsh comments in his informal chat related by the atheist newsie Eugenio Scalfari about proselytism. The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at. Here are some high points with my emphases and comments. The Rise of Latin Mass Youth by George … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all. If you don’t have the book please use one of my links … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie. Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements: Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases: Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says By David Kerr Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father. Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father. A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race. Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up. We are in this together. I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading
If any of you watched the Holy Father’s Mass at the Lateran, and perhaps recorded it, could you do me a favor? I noticed that the Pope’s time of silent prayer before the Altar of Repose after Mass was especially … Continue reading
Remember… if Easter is near, its the season to bash the Catholic Church. Before Easter and before the beatification of Pope John Paul we are seeing the uptick in anti-Catholic gestures saved up by the MSM precisely for this period. … Continue reading