You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
- PostCatholic said No doubt the act is cleaner, but there are plenty...
- THREEHEARTS said Is it me? Am I wrong in considering that the prela...
- Will D. said At my parish, all the altar servers (boys and girl...
- Dave N. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, every...
- Tradster said I believe the LCWR is the only issue on which I wo...
- Thomas S said What other acts committed in a church would consti...
- cornelius74 said I got accepted to the BA course in theology at the...
- charismatictrad said I go back and forth with things like this. Yes, se...
- VexillaRegis said Fr. Jim: “I was at a very large con-celebrated mas...
- Scott W. said I’ll reserve judgement until I see the fine...
- xgenerationcatholic said I wanted to believe that the bishops had cleaned u...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said And, having read over the comments, I’ll wag...
- Deo volente said Fr. Z, Part of your sage advice was to “use...
- SimonDodd said I’m tentatively in the same place as Marion...
- ecs said If I had a son who was told this by a priest, I wo...
- Nathan said Fr Z, wise and prudent advice. I was amused, tho...
- BLB Oregon said –Obedience is better than sacrifice (especia...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr.Z’s answer seems completely sound to me....
- prs1 said I am obviously sad to see this matter raised, but...
- The Masked Chicken said Obedience is NOT the issue, here. There is an old...
- Catholic Granny said Just a thought: if your priest desires “uni...
- Christopher Mc Camley said The issue appears to be standing, not reception on...
- Jim Dorchak said Seems to me that if a priest is a “PRIEST...
- onosurf said Only a NO priest or a priest that offers the TLM i...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases:
Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people should trust Pope … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father.
Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading