Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Heavenly.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Most salutary.
- Charles E Flynn: Bruno Lanteri
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
- JUST TOO COOL! Wherein Fr. Z is AMAZED at … coincidences? I think not.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
For a while I have intended to write something on Pope Francis’ harsh comments in his informal chat related by the atheist newsie Eugenio Scalfari about proselytism.
The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told me … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases:
Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people should trust Pope … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father.
Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading
If any of you watched the Holy Father’s Mass at the Lateran, and perhaps recorded it, could you do me a favor?
I noticed that the Pope’s time of silent prayer before the Altar of Repose after Mass was especially prolonged. … Continue reading
Remember… if Easter is near, its the season to bash the Catholic Church.
Before Easter and before the beatification of Pope John Paul we are seeing the uptick in anti-Catholic gestures saved up by the MSM precisely for this period.
For example, … Continue reading
Excerpts from the Holy Father’s Wednesday Audience via the site of Vatican Radio:
Today there is “a certain callousness of the soul towards the power of evil, an insensitivity to all the evil in the world: we do not want to … Continue reading
There are famous photos of Pope Pius XII and his canary.
Now for the pontifical spider.