Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Elizabeth D said What happened 7-9 years ago is that Monsignor Bart...
- Athelstan said “We’re at a rough replacement level,” Bartylla sai...
- Elizabeth D said Andia… a parish is like a family in some way...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said When I first moved to my current city of residence...
- HeatherPA said God Bless Bishop Morlino! I pray that someday we h...
- acardnal said Joseph-Mary, there are or have been Madison semina...
- Cody said Why is it that dioceses don’t make it easily...
- Eugene said By their fruits you shall know them…I hope t...
- tioedong said reminds me of the hit job on the local Filipino bi...
- The Cobbler said (P.S. If anyone else ended up having trouble getti...
- Joseph-Mary said Two seminaries in Denver and I believe they are fu...
- JBS said I think some here are over-thinking this. The law...
- acardnal said No. it’s = it’s I was correct the f...
- andia said So if I want to be a member of a parish, I have to...
- Traductora said Actually, I thought it was a pretty good article....
- acardnal said sic: it’s = its above
- acardnal said I note the seminarian trend-line graph in the arti...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Holy and orthodox bishop, authentic masculine litu...
- Elizabeth D said And by the way, it’s just not plausible what...
- Fr AJ said For the record, it’s officially “Amtra...
- mburn16 said Distance learning is taking off in the secular wor...
- Bosco said @ Rich, ‘Conferenza Episcopale Italiana̵...
- Gregorius said So let me see if I understand this correctly; we L...
- Magash said To be fair to Professor Hendershott he is using ...
- Elizabeth D said Jim Green is a “Holy Wisdom Monastery”...
- Michael said Harris said, “Help… Is praying for a Bishop...
- CordiaGrace said @ SKAY: “What is that saying about doing the...
- GregH said $250k to $300k to educate a priest? That sounds t...
- ChrisRawlings said Ask away, Steve. That’s why he became a prie...
- Rich said What is CEI?
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
For a while I have intended to write something on Pope Francis’ harsh comments in his informal chat related by the atheist newsie Eugenio Scalfari about proselytism.
The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told me … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases:
Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people should trust Pope … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father.
Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading