Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- tjmurphy said OF mass. Chanted Kyrie, Sanctus, Agnus Dei. Sang U...
- Fr Martin Fox said In a new parish, I decided to wash the feet of the...
- Kirk O said Our pastor washed the feet or I should say foot of...
- Minnesotan from Florida said Ordinary Form, Greek Kyrie, Latin Gloria, English...
- artdob said Extraordinary form mass this evening. Organ silen...
- geologus petrolei said I went to the Novus Ordo Mass at the parish where...
- M. K. said Carmel of the Infant Jesus in Zephyr, Ontario. Mis...
- Marc said Wow, did this one bring back memories…bad me...
- MikeCGannon said St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Front Roya...
- abasham said In my parish the priests wash the feet of the alta...
- frjim4321 said … repose the Eucharist at the tabernacleR...
- kjh said A hodgepodge – let’s see – the l...
- frjim4321 said OIC, Lepidus.
- Lepidus said Fr. Jim – Hope you caught my correction abou...
- Nick M said While our priests washed the feet of both men and...
- jhayes said I was told the USCCB had approved it The USCCB res...
- Patti Day said Six volunteers, male and female, mishmash of Latin...
- Lin said The Mass was very beautiful tonight. Three priest...
- friarpark said I meant “gets”. He speaks the truth,...
- friarpark said I’m echoing what lana said earlier: “...
- Southern Baron said There were male and female teens from the youth gr...
- visigrad said We have an orthodox pastor…Mass is always re...
- Deacon Don said Yes, men and women, called up from the congregatio...
- donboyle said There was an initial group of 12 (male and female,...
- liturmatt said My priest did the washing of the feet (with men an...
- Andrew Saucci said Partly out of curiosity, and partly out of hope th...
- Charivari Rob said Men and women, I think (I was sitting fairly far b...
- frjim4321 said Unfortunately…. Reading read in “continuous format...
- Lepidus said Oops – that last statement probably wasnR...
- frjim4321 said For the foot washing we had some adult males, adul...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
For a while I have intended to write something on Pope Francis’ harsh comments in his informal chat related by the atheist newsie Eugenio Scalfari about proselytism.
The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told me … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases:
Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people should trust Pope … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father.
Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading