Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- chantgirl: Dismas- Agreed about seminary prep. Before going to seminary, our young men need the religious version of SERE training! In all honesty, I don’ t think that our culture is all that...
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
- Dismas: @chantgirl : I should mention that the advice that I was given was only summated here. Fr. knew that I already know enough to guide my family, and so further delving into the gross deprav...
- FrAnt: I’ll remember this list the next time the Catholic Communicat ions Collection comes around. Trusted Sources of Catholic News as Approved by Fr. Anthony I Fr. Z: wdtprs.com /blog Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The Anti-Index !
- Lurker 59: Does the Magisteriu m have the right and responsibi lity to delineate what is and what is not sound authentic Catholic teaching in published materials? Yes. However, this is to be done...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Of course this isn’ t the Catholic church of old Vatican II destroyed it
- jhayes: It doesn̵ 7;t appear that Canon Law was violated. Canon 1184 §2 says:̶ 1; If any doubt occurs, the local ordinary is to be consulted, and his judgment must be followed 8221;...
- roma247: Ah yes, but the most worrisome thing about being included on that “Ind ex of Forbidden Websites 8221; is that it is too great an honor. One risks taking pride in being the object...
- SemperServusDei: I’m waiting now for the Vatican to produce an official “Index of Forbidden Websites”.
- APX: The only one that raises my concern is the red heifer. They need to rebuild the temple before they sacrifice the red heifer, right? That should buy us some time.
- chantgirl: Dismas- I think that many priests are giving advice like that. I understand that they want to limit spiritual casualties in our dangerous era, but at the same time, I can’ t help...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: “Hoo per was no romantic. He had not as a child ridden with RupertR 17;s horse or sat among the camp fires at Xanthus-si de; at the age when my eyes were dry to...
- Johann: “We are not baptized into the hierarchy; do not receive the Cardinals sacramenta lly; will not spend an eternity in the beatific vision of the pope. … Christ is the point. I, myself,...
- LarryW2LJ: If I may add something, before I forget. It has been said many times that God always has some good come out of a bad situation. As a result of the happenings that have been occurring, I...
- LarryW2LJ: Thanks for the pep talk, Father. A great coach always recognizes when the team gets discourage d and does his best to motivate them. You’ re a great coach!
- Amerikaner: Since the French bishops were allowed to create abuse policies recently, I am beginning to think this is about something else entirely. And that thing is ViganoR 17;s claim that Pope...
- Bellarmino Vianney: Great response, Fr. Z. The questioner seems to be seriously misled as to what the Roman Catholic Church actually is. The questioner appears to have the Protestant mental...
- Sonshine135: Why not just do the entire Sunday Service in pill form ;) I better stop. Some German Cardinals might be reading this and think it is a splendid idea.
- Suburbanbanshee: Um, guys… ; “Blo od moons̶ 1; are as regular an occurrence as the sun rising, albeit on a longer timescale. If it starts happening off schedule, then I might worry...
- Dismas: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Similar situation here, though much earlier in the progressio n. While I cannot judge hearts, I can perceive the fruits of others enough to protect my family....
- rcg: This era strengthen s my Faith because we have been praying for a cleansing and here it is. Humans like the big clash of shields and mighty comeuppanc e. But we are seeing a selective judgem...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
- VIDEO: A reaction to a first Traditional Latin Mass
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Pope Benedict XVI
For a while I have intended to write something on Pope Francis’ harsh comments in his informal chat related by the atheist newsie Eugenio Scalfari about proselytism.
The Pope smiles and says: “Some of my colleagues who know you told me … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this from William Oddie.
Our Lady of Quito prophesied that in the 60s there would be spiritual catastrophe in the Church; then, through the faith of the just, a ‘complete restoration’
But … Continue reading
I was sent a link to an article in The Remnant on the SSPX situation. The article contains the following statements:
Instead of harassing Bishop Fellay to sign a doctrinal preamble, the Vatican should require every superior, university president and ordinary … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting. From CNA with my emphases:
Trust Pope’s judgment on SSPX deal, senior rabbi says
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, May 18, 2012 / 06:33 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A leading American rabbi and Holocaust refugee says people should trust Pope … Continue reading
Today, the Feast of St. Joseph, is the baptismal “name day” of our Holy Father.
Please pray for, and promote prayer for, our Holy Father.
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly … Continue reading
Every personal sin drags down the entire human race.
Every sacramental reconciliation helps to build us up.
We are in this together.
I have incessantly hollered that no initiative of renewal (New Evangelization, etc.) will succeed if we do not revitalize our liturgical … Continue reading
Bp. Davies (D. Shrewsbury): Pastoral letter on Pope Benedict’s visit, Friday abstinence, new translation
From ZENIT comes the text of a pastoral letter by the Bishop of Shrewsbury, England, Most Rev. Mark Davies. He issued it for the 1st anniversary of Pope Benedict’s visit to England. This pastoral letter is supposed to be read … Continue reading
If any of you watched the Holy Father’s Mass at the Lateran, and perhaps recorded it, could you do me a favor?
I noticed that the Pope’s time of silent prayer before the Altar of Repose after Mass was especially prolonged. … Continue reading
Remember… if Easter is near, its the season to bash the Catholic Church.
Before Easter and before the beatification of Pope John Paul we are seeing the uptick in anti-Catholic gestures saved up by the MSM precisely for this period.
For example, … Continue reading