When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Masked Chicken, In terms of “Lex orandiR...
- Matt Robare said I went to the regular NO Mass and the homily was a...
- boxerpaws1952 said Regardless of the country,regardless of a legit or...
- danielinnola said The’re barking mad.. The lot of em.
- jacobi said I think, Father, we have to be realistic. The Iri...
- The Masked Chicken said Thank you, Father, for this summary. There is muc...
- jeffreyquick said “Christians who undergo gender transition”. There’...
- rafferju said a number of our most prominent bishops were less t...
- Suburbanbanshee said Mike – Actually, picnics on “Decoratio...
- rafferju said it was a forgone conclusion, the MSM hates the chu...
- SanSan said God bless mothers everywhere…..especially du...
- LuisaP said Ehmagawd ! I’m getting a new haircut and ma...
- Suburbanbanshee said Over at the Midwest Conservative Journal, it is po...
- SanSan said Attended Our Lady of Lebanon Marionite Mass…...
- Fr. W said “Jesus said nothing about homosexuality.R...
- The Masked Chicken said Any Irish out there? How was this sold to the pop...
- SanSan said gag!
- The Masked Chicken said “Darn spell check. Above should read: “by a...
- The Masked Chicken said This level of theological ignorance would be amazi...
- Imrahil said Interesting.
- marcelus said The work of the great Stan Lee. Check out how he c...
- The Masked Chicken said I don’t post on Sundays. so, I didn’t...
- Henry Edwards said NCR: “Reparation is a favorite theme in trad...
- aquinas138 said oldconvert, Whatever the way forward is, it must b...
- Kerry said At the NCR article among the could’s, seem...
- Charlotte Allen said The vote in Ireland was definitely a spite vote ag...
- oldconvert said I am not Irish and have never lived in Ireland; ne...
- Gerard Plourde said The homily made the point that living our lives in...
- Mike said FSSP: Don’t be fooled by, or seek, ersatz ...
- Mike said 1. May Almighty God bless faithful Bishop Finn, an...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Pope Francis
People have been asking me: Are there animal in heaven? Will I have my pets in heaven?
This has probably been stirred up by something Pope Francis reputedly said recently in the press (as it turns out, it was false reporting, but … Continue reading
At Monday Vatican Andrea Galiarducci, has an interesting piece. It is worth reading, but be prepared for a clunky translation, some rambling, and a buried lead. To be sure this writer is smart, well-informed, and solid. He could benefit from … Continue reading
Here is a video from Michael Voris, who offers one point of view.
For your thoughtful, thought-filled, discussion.
Think before hitting that “Post” key.
Moderation queue is ON.
First comment: I wish they’d change the music at the end.
I have recently seen two analysis pieces about Card. Burke and Pope Francis and what’s up with this pontificate.
First, there is one by Russell Pollitt at The Daily Maverick. It seems sort of deep and thoughtful at a first … Continue reading
At the Italian site Italia Oggi there is an interview with long-time vaticanista Sandro Magister. He answers questions about Pope Francis and his pontificate.
Magister has been around for a while, working as a journalist for some 40 years.
I don’t have the energy … Continue reading
Pope excommunicates pedophile Argentine priest [Perhaps he was just dismissed from the clerical state? On the Diocesan site we read: El Obispado de San Isidro comunica que el Santo Padre ha decretado la dimisión del Pbro. José Mercau del … Continue reading
Last summer during Acton University I had the chance to get to talk at length with Russ Douthat of Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times… echo chamber of record for the liberal snob elite). Douthat is a voice of … Continue reading
I have been, frankly, both exhausted and a bit disgusted after the last Synod and I have been trying to have a little RnR. That doesn’t make for a lot of posting of edgy stuff.
So, here’s a … Continue reading
Pope Francis addressed the Synod participants at the end of the Synod. I’ll out the blah blah:
(Vatican Radio) At the conclusion of the Extraordinary Synod on the Family, Pope Francis addressed the assembled Fathers, thanking them for their efforts and … Continue reading