Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- DavidR: Re: the March for Life attendance coverage; Fake News.
- DavidR: So, do you fly Delta as a form of penance?
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Pope Francis
I can’t say I saw this one coming.
The Pope went to an optical shop – I am not making this up – the Pope went to an optical shop the Via del Babuino (that’s a street in Rome) to get … Continue reading
William Oddie has an interesting piece at the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald (represented recently by Crisis which is growing in my estimation) about Pope Francis’ modus operandi.
If you are confused sometimes about what Pope Francis does or what he says… or, … Continue reading
This is rather interesting.
According to ZENIT in Italian, the Holy Father showed up in St. Peter’s Basilica the other morning to pray at the altar and tomb of St. Pius X for his saintly predecessor’s feast. He sat down in … Continue reading
I saw this at The Telegraph:
Donald Trump to the Pope: ‘Isil wants to get you’
Donald Trump says he would not allow the Pope to criticise capitalism if they were to meet face to face, and would scare him into silence … Continue reading
Look… Pope’s meet with all sorts of people. That said, I direct your attention to a piece at USA Today by Nichols Hahn of Real Clear Religion. My emphases.
Havana’s U.S. flag no victory for pope: Column
Secretary of State John Kerry’s historic flag-raising … Continue reading
Viam amori Dei in cordibus nostris demus ut demus ex nostris cordibus aliis nosmetipsos.
(Hint… note the style!)
At his Wednesday General Audience, His Holiness Pope Francis spoke on the situation of the divorced and civilly remarried. The MSM has inadequate reports about what the Pope said.
First, let’s be clear about something.
People who marry in the Church and … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerry Murry has a good comment on Laura Ingraham’s new site, LifeZette (don’t ask me about that name, I’m not sure either). My emphases and comments.
Can Capitalists Be Good Catholics?
Pope Francis warns of ‘subtle dictatorship’
by Fr. Gerry Murray
Pope … Continue reading
I bring to your attention three interesting analysis pieces about Pope Francis following his trip to South America.
First, check out George Weigel at National Review. My impression is that Mr. Weigel has drawn a line through the pontificate (at least … Continue reading
UPDATE: In fairness, I will add that there are some reports that what the Pope really said at the sight of the commie-crux is not, “No está bien eso”, as previously reported (“That’s not right”), but rather “No sabía eso” or “Eso … Continue reading
Distinguished canonist Ed Peters has comments at his fine blog In The Light Of The Law. He doesn’t have a combox, but he doesn’t mind discussion of his stuff over here. Be sure to check his other posts.
The pope’s comments … Continue reading
A few mischievous thoughts.
If Pope Francis is truly interested in the environment, he should, without delay, ditch the cars he is driven around in and use the sedia gestatoria. It’s for the planet!
Furthermore, to save the planet by reducing fossil fuel use … Continue reading
Before anything else… don’t just bash the new encyclical. Some people are having full-fledged spittle-flecked nutties today. I suspect that some of them are people who are happy only when they are unhappy.
Dear readers… take a deep breath.
There are … Continue reading
The Italian was leaked and now there is an English version out. There are some good moments in it. There’s something for everyone.
However, it’s pretty hard on free markets. I don’t care much for that discussion.
So, here’s an initial approach… … Continue reading