Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Martlet said Altar servers. I think it was three boys and one...
- MaryofSharon said Fr. Z, I’ve been following and appreciating...
- LeeF said On an additional note, this brings to mind the con...
- LeeF said Is there a theological point to only men being cho...
- Athelstan said St. Alphonsus, Baltimore: The only regular weekly...
- majuscule said We didn’t even have a dozen men in the pews...
- matt1618 said Praise God, this was my first Holy Thursday Mass a...
- tjmurphy said OF mass. Chanted Kyrie, Sanctus, Agnus Dei. Sang U...
- Fr Martin Fox said In a new parish, I decided to wash the feet of the...
- Kirk O said Our pastor washed the feet or I should say foot of...
- Minnesotan from Florida said Ordinary Form, Greek Kyrie, Latin Gloria, English...
- artdob said Extraordinary form mass this evening. Organ silen...
- geologus petrolei said I went to the Novus Ordo Mass at the parish where...
- M. K. said Carmel of the Infant Jesus in Zephyr, Ontario. Mis...
- Marc said Wow, did this one bring back memories…bad me...
- MikeCGannon said St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Front Roya...
- abasham said In my parish the priests wash the feet of the alta...
- frjim4321 said … repose the Eucharist at the tabernacleR...
- kjh said A hodgepodge – let’s see – the l...
- frjim4321 said OIC, Lepidus.
- Lepidus said Fr. Jim – Hope you caught my correction abou...
- Nick M said While our priests washed the feet of both men and...
- jhayes said I was told the USCCB had approved it The USCCB res...
- Patti Day said Six volunteers, male and female, mishmash of Latin...
- Lin said The Mass was very beautiful tonight. Three priest...
- friarpark said I meant “gets”. He speaks the truth,...
- friarpark said I’m echoing what lana said earlier: “...
- Southern Baron said There were male and female teens from the youth gr...
- visigrad said We have an orthodox pastor…Mass is always re...
- Deacon Don said Yes, men and women, called up from the congregatio...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Our friends at Rorate, who are always on top of these things, posted that – according to a French news source – the Holy Father may make a decision about the SSPX before the end of May.
From the French-language religious … Continue reading
The District Superiors of the SSPX are one by one having their say about the present situation of the SSPX in light of the Holy See’s (the Holy Father’s) outreach.
The German Superior HERE and the BeNeLux HERE.
The US District pipes … Continue reading
Be sure to check out this post on Rorate. It seems that priests within the SSPX are doing some self-examinations.
From the May 2012 issue of Seignadou, the newsletter of the chaplaincy of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) for … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s Vatican Insider of the Italian daily La Stampa. My emphases and comments.
The Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X writes to his priests: “We are waiting, an agreement … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!According to pius.info the German FSSPX district website, the “Kanzelverkündiging” below was read in all churches and chapels of the district.
To one observer who wrote to me, “it looks like the are preparing the FSSPX-faithfull for … Continue reading
Msgr. Bux to SSPX: “Come take part in this blessed future in which we can already foresee dawn, despite the persistent darkness. “
Monsignor Nicola Bux, a consultor to the CDF and to the Office of Pontifical Ceremonies, etc., (originator of what I call the Bux Protocol - which every priest and bishop should remember that people may invoke!) has written a letter to … Continue reading
Benedict XVI, the Pope of Christian Unity, has made it possible by his provision in Anglicanorum coetibus, for Anglicans to enter into Holy Church in new Ordinariates. Their liturgical traditions are being codified and approved by the Holy See and … Continue reading
This is for your Just Too Cool file.
Convert priest thrilled to host Pope and Archbishop of Canterbury
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, Mar 9, 2012 / 06:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Catholic convert Father Peter Hughes prefers to describe himself as “an … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
I received this press release from the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham in England.
Another Anglican bishop answers Pope Benedict’s call to unity
Former Anglican monk and bishop, Robert Mercer, has been received into … Continue reading
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today.
Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum.
It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter!
As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary.
The document of erection of the Ordinariate … Continue reading