Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- incredulous said mrshopey, he’s even convinced himself that g...
- incredulous said It’s just politics… spin… counte...
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
- RJ Sciurus said It would appear that you are among the Catholic Un...
- Ichabod said I’m jealous. I was last in Natchitoches, Lo...
- discipulus said I’m curious, who is titular bishop of this f...
- Will D. said It’s a nice town, indeed. Make sure to get...
- jameeka said Very moving, Father Z
- TKS said Splendid. Thank you.
- benedetta said @Brooklyn, Were you trying to say that if you were...
- New Sister said @ Chon, I know Saint Patrick’s; it would be...
- greinkebs said That Deacon on the video needs a Bishop like this....
- JNVA said Thank you, Father! I am using Bossuet’s Me...
- St. Epaphras said Listened on my iCatcher! App. Exactly what I neede...
- lsclerkin said Loud and clear here, too Father. Thank you! Father...
- yatzer said Listening to all. Thank you!
- Giuseppe said Bad joke of the day: A Higgs boson walks into a c...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Our friends at Rorate, who are always on top of these things, posted that – according to a French news source – the Holy Father may make a decision about the SSPX before the end of May.
From the French-language religious … Continue reading
The District Superiors of the SSPX are one by one having their say about the present situation of the SSPX in light of the Holy See’s (the Holy Father’s) outreach.
The German Superior HERE and the BeNeLux HERE.
The US District pipes … Continue reading
Be sure to check out this post on Rorate. It seems that priests within the SSPX are doing some self-examinations.
From the May 2012 issue of Seignadou, the newsletter of the chaplaincy of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) for … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s Vatican Insider of the Italian daily La Stampa. My emphases and comments.
The Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X writes to his priests: “We are waiting, an agreement … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!According to pius.info the German FSSPX district website, the “Kanzelverkündiging” below was read in all churches and chapels of the district.
To one observer who wrote to me, “it looks like the are preparing the FSSPX-faithfull for … Continue reading
Msgr. Bux to SSPX: “Come take part in this blessed future in which we can already foresee dawn, despite the persistent darkness. “
Monsignor Nicola Bux, a consultor to the CDF and to the Office of Pontifical Ceremonies, etc., (originator of what I call the Bux Protocol - which every priest and bishop should remember that people may invoke!) has written a letter to … Continue reading
Benedict XVI, the Pope of Christian Unity, has made it possible by his provision in Anglicanorum coetibus, for Anglicans to enter into Holy Church in new Ordinariates. Their liturgical traditions are being codified and approved by the Holy See and … Continue reading
This is for your Just Too Cool file.
Convert priest thrilled to host Pope and Archbishop of Canterbury
By David Kerr
Rome, Italy, Mar 9, 2012 / 06:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Catholic convert Father Peter Hughes prefers to describe himself as “an … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
I received this press release from the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham in England.
Another Anglican bishop answers Pope Benedict’s call to unity
Former Anglican monk and bishop, Robert Mercer, has been received into … Continue reading
The Anglicans/Episcopalians-to-be-Catholics have their own Personal Ordinariate today.
Let there be sung Non nobis and Te Deum.
It is called the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter!
As widely predicted Fr. Jeffrey Steenson is the new Ordinary.
The document of erection of the Ordinariate … Continue reading