Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Tomato lobbers rarely contribute to useful convers...
- contrarian said Duly noting that I’m lobbing tomatoes from t...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father Z, the conference looks like a great time,...
- Clinton R. said I too would urge caution in the canonization of Po...
- Father G said Here is another link from the USCCB with the Engli...
- inexcels said I’m afraid I don’t have high hopes for...
- inexcels said My problem with distributism is that the sources I...
- Anonymous Seminarian said JonPatrick: Fortescue’s book is fantastic f...
- moconnor said Please! Your first line shouldn’t be so deba...
- TomG said ocalatrad: the only thing “objectionableR...
- johnnyDmunoz said I remember a while back someone posted some inform...
- FatherHoisington said The USCCB website says that the prayers are to be...
- Obama Offends Catholics in the UK, says Religious Schools are Divisive | The Conservative Voice said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- PostCatholic said It’s a nice spot in a quiet suburban neighbo...
- ocalatrad said I’m curious as to what is particularly objec...
- Did you hear him call schools in Middle East divisive? Of course NOT! | Let's Chat about That said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I think the Church has processes for a reason, and...
- Art said Hmmm… since I was ordained by John Paul, would I b...
- alanphipps said “[Right on schedule here come the distributi...
- carolina publican said SimonDodd, thanks for that information – gre...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: absentee landlords, I was referring to Jesus...
- Suburbanbanshee said Distributism has been promoted by holy people, but...
- Muv said Allow me please to stick my neck out. I have a spe...
- Imrahil said I always bow at the times the priest in the EF mak...
- Suburbanbanshee said The idea is not that it’s a clinical trial,...
- ocalatrad said While the conference does seem like it’d be...
- jhayes said I didn’t know “O’bama” was Irish! The genealogy se...
- Supertradmum said I am pea-green with envy………̷
- Geoffrey said There have been many canonizations that were done...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, you should check out the President Ford Mus...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: Pope of Christian Unity
Preamble: Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
Pope Benedict gets to determine the parameters and dynamics of ecumenism, not his critics. According to his approach and vision, he has been making headway. Some will say that he … Continue reading
Yesterday at the USCCB meeting it was announced that the Anglican Ordinariate for the USA would be set up officially on 1 January 2012 according to the provisions in Pope Benedict’s Anglicanorum coetibus.
I get questions occasionally about the liturgical worship … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, we pick up on comments by Card. Wuerl of Washington DC that soon in the USA some form of the Ordinariate foreseen in Anglicanorum coetibus will be established.
Here is a bit … Continue reading
Benedict XVI with Lutherans in Erfurt: “It is not strategy that saves us and saves Christianity, but faith.”
During his State Visit to Germany, the Holy Father gave this address at Erfurt during an ecumenical gathering at the Lutheran church. Erfurt is, of course, where Martin Luther’s Augustinian convent was.
Faced with a new form of Christianity, which … Continue reading
From the blog canterbury tales:
A recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church of Canada (ACCC) voted to unite with the Roman Catholic Church through the Apostolic Constitution created by Pope Benedict XVI. [Do I hear an "Amen!"?]
Read more … Continue reading
My friend over at The Sensible Bond has a very interesting observation about the continuing doctrinal talks between the Holy See’s CDF and the SSPX. As you know, there will be a meeting of the SSPX superiors with Roman officials … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Cardinal Canizares: Vatican II was not a break in Church’s tradition
Lima, Peru, Aug 15, 2011 / 05:55 pm (CNA).- The prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, Cardinal … Continue reading
The Assisi inter-faith meeting for peace. All you have to do is mention it in some circles and the fireworks begin.
Benedict XVI, Pope of Christian Unity, has slated another meeting in Assisi, also an inter-faith gathering for peace. It will … Continue reading