Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- pj_houston said “Thems hominy grits” http://youtu.be/u
- frjim4321 said I certainly hope you’re feeling much better.
- Henry Edwards said New ICEL: Look kindly, Lord, we pray, on the devot...
- Lutgardis said The reference to “tempering” makes me...
- JacobWall said @Sonshine135, Peopel ARE building churches like th...
- oledocfarmer said Natchitoches is the town where the film STEEL MAGN...
- jameeka said Why is “mens” sometimes translated as...
- Marc said Father Z, I had the pleasure of hearing this talk...
- wmeyer said The south is, of course, where some people eat gri...
- benedetta said Of course, excommunicated wymyn priests and those...
- acardnal said No snow on the ground. How abnormal for you.
- ASPM Sem said PeterK: It was at one time the cathedral for the D...
- ASPM Sem said If you have the chance, visit the Cathedral Basili...
- semperficatholic said Eat a Natchitoches meat pie while there! They are...
- Sofia Guerra said Have been able to access podcasts easily. Using sh...
- Legisperitus said But do you have to eat muskrat by candlelight?
- Propaganda v Journalism in PBS Catholic abuse reporting said [...] it of rehashing old stories and telling only...
- incredulous said Perhaps we can host Father Zuhlsdorf in an alligat...
- Kerry said If one hasn’t tried grits, at first, ask to...
- incredulous said mrshopey, he’s even convinced himself that g...
- incredulous said It’s just politics… spin… counte...
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Sonshine135 said When I see churches like this (reminds me of San F...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: pope
We had a first poll HERE. I took the top 15 results and offer them again for your opinion as the conclave begins today!
The combox is open for your explanations. Anyone can vote, but you have to have an approved … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Can we obtain indulgences and pray for Holy Father’s intentions if there is no Holy Father?
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Many people have sent email asking about obtaining indulgences during the time when the See of Peter is empty, as will happen from 8 p.m. Rome time on 28 February until a new Bishop of … Continue reading
One of the more entertaining aspects of a papal election is speculation not only about whom the Cardinal Electors will choose, but what the new Pope’s name will be.
Entertaining, yes, but there is a serious side to it. John Paul … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s new Twitter account is up and running: @Pontifex
He has not tweeted anything yet, at the time of this writing.
The Pope’s presence on Twitter is a concrete expression of his conviction that the Church must be present … Continue reading
3 December: His account is up and running: @Pontifex
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
On Monday we will find out what the Pope’s new Twitter handle is.
There will be a press conference in Rome on Monday to reveal more details … Continue reading
A reader sent me a link to a short video made by some faithful young Catholics in Italy in support of Pope Benedict XVI. The group is “Noi per Benedetto“. We are for Benedict.
It’s in Italian, but check it out. … Continue reading
Justice will not be done in the matter of Ven. Pius XII until he is called “Righteous Among the Nations” at Yad Vashem.
Researcher reveals Pius XII’s ‘remarkable’ aid for Jewish refugees
By Kevin J. Jones
Denver, Colo., Jan 10, 2012 / … Continue reading
People toss the phrase “justice and peace” around.
Biretta tip to Phil Lawler of Catholic World News for a great catch. He noted something interesting about “justice and peace” in a speech Pope Benedict XVI gave to members of the Italian … Continue reading
Thanks for the support you are giving to the Wyoming Carmelites by buying their coffee. How is your coffee supply these days? Br. Java tells me their Jingle Bell Java blend is almost gone.
Also, thanks for using my Amazon links … Continue reading