Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: God created kangaroos. That right there tells us He has a sense of humour.
- JonPatrick: At our Eastern Rite Pascha Divine Liturgy, Father spoke about how we tend to see Easter as the end of our Lenten fast (which is very strict in the Eastern Rite) and that we can now...
- grateful: Perhaps it’s God’ s way of telling us not to take life too seriously. He seems to love to get our attention and make us laugh. One of His best kept secrets: His Sense of Humor.
- Gab: LOL. Poor Father. Oh well, he either has hair-free teeth or a gleaming white face. Happy and blessed Easter.
- iamlucky13: AureEntulu va – yes! Great to encounter a neighbor here on the great big internet.
- cdruiz: Our pastor washed the feet of our twelve oldest altar boys, all in cassock and surplice. This was the third year in a row that he has done this, and it is so beautiful and the posit...
- TRW: My grandmothe r took my brother and I camping when we were young. We accidental ly used her tube of Poligrip(d enture adhesive) instead of toothpaste . It was dark out and it took a good few...
- SAHMmy: I knew immediatel y where that photo comes from. It is at The Big Cross in Groom, Texas just off Interstate 40. I LOVE stopping there when I drive cross-coun try each year. It’s one...
- rhhenry: Ex labore infantium?
- Suburbanbanshee: O Lord, give us the faith of children and the heart of Yourself.
- hwriggles4: Sleep deprivatio n – reminds me of finals week at college. Unmatched clothes, unshaved faces, sweat pants, laundry piled up, room in disarray, etc. Yes – I am only human.
- JustaSinner: Laura Ingraham is a new covert, Maria Bartiroma is, and I believe a half dozen others are Catholic or converts. Unfortunat ely calling a priest ‘Reverand’ instead of Father has caught...
- JustaSinner: Least you caught it and it wasn’t icy hot! Blessed Easter, Father. You deserve all the best.
- hwriggles4: Went to last night̵ 7;s Easter Vigil. Our pastoral administra tor is a former Episcopal Priest and gave a good homily highlighti ng that we all have seen darkness and light. Father...
- Egad_Trad_Dad: Minds me of the old SNL skit about “Shi mmer” ; — the floor wax that’ ;s also a dessert topping.
- jameeka: Thank you for your sermon, Father Z. Father C’s Easter morning sermon (OF) First, he drew a parallel: Jesus was born in a cave and wrapped in swaddling cloth. When Jesus died, he was...
- AureEntuluva: Were you at St. Brendan’s in Bothell WA? This sounds like what I heard there
- bobbird: And I must add, especially to those whose parish priest insisted that the Mass would not proceed until volunteers came forth: if that happened to me, I would stand up and say, “...
- bobbird: On a camping trip, I once put dish soap into a Mac & Cheese concoction , thinking it was … olive oil. I was EXTREMELY PUZZLED as I stirred the mac & cheese and saw bubbles...
- AliceS: Father reiterated more than once that Jesus really rose from the dead. And was seen by many including his disciples. This was not just wishful thinking but something which truly happened. I...
- semperficatholic: HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA! TOO FUNNY!
- iamlucky13: Father talked about the Jewish hope in the resurrecti on, coupled with the doubt that would have naturally been felt that it could be a realistic promise. Then they had renewed hope...
- Henry Edwards: A note of thanksgivi ng for our EF Holy Week observance s at Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Knoxville (TN). For the first time in a half century and more here, we celebrated the...
- Maximilian75: I noticed the same thing @Karl Keating noticed. FNC leans more Evangelica l, that may be why… Still, at least they were willing to have the good Reverend Father on, as opposed...
- MissBee: Happened to me with diaper cream once. Got as far as putting it on the toothbrush .
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation
Card. Schoenborn gave an interview about Amoris laetitia to Antonio Spadaro, SJ an excerpt of which is in Civiltà Cattolica. Almost before the excerpt was released MS Winters at the National Sodomitic Reporter issued a 1500 word fatwah proclaiming Schoenborn’s infallibility, while also … Continue reading
My heart rate increased a bit when I read the following… I am aware that “Amoris Laetitia”, as an apostolic exhortation, does not come under any rubric of infallibility. Still it is a document of the papal ordinary magisterium, and … Continue reading
In Catholic World Report there is some analysis of Amoris laetitia. The writer first contrasts himself with others who think that the Exhortation is not magisterial in nature. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t find problems. For example: […] 2. Doctrine … Continue reading
I have had notes from priests and from personnel in tribunals saying that people are saying, in effect, “Forget about our annulment case. Pope Francis says what we are doing is okay.” Some report as well that even in … Continue reading
I am trying to think back through the Church’s long history for an instance in which a Pope has withdrawn one of his own teaching documents, on faith and morals. Of course Popes have superseded previous documents by issuing their own. … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to a piece at Crisis about Amoris laetitia, the controversial and ambiguous Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation… that is, if any of you still care to read about it. Or listen to it! Hopefully busy priests and seminarians … Continue reading
UPDATE: Spaemann’s interview is now in English. HERE We are all suffering from Amoris defatigatio, I know. But as the days and weeks pile up in the wake of Pope Francis Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation, and many and varying accounts and interpretations of … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT I read for you the open letter by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of St Mary in Astana, Kazakhstan. It seems that it was originally released in Italian, but it was subsequently translated into … Continue reading
Voice of the Family has an approved English translation of Bp. Athanasius Schneider’s comments on Amoris Laetitia. HERE It is important that everyone read this, agree or not. He adds an important perspective. I have already quoted from one part in … Continue reading
If you, like I do, suffer from Amoris defetiscenia, you might be clicking past pieces you see about the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation. I confess that I have to fight the temptation to tune out and just ignore the document and its coverage. Alas, … Continue reading
At the Italian site Corrispondenza romana we find a longish reaction to Amoris laetitia from His Excellency Most Reverend Athanasius Schneider. The text is in Italian, but eventually it will be translated in full (but not by me and not today). Here … Continue reading
UPDATE: I fixed the glitch at 24:02-24-22. Sorry about that. It was a lot of reading – with interruptions – and editing together. If you had an “overlap” in that time range, you can download again or listen again and … Continue reading
Soooo…. Amoris laetitia is out. Or is it? Not a few times on this blog have I pointed out that, by the time the texts of documents are released officially in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis (AAS) changes are made. When we … Continue reading
Card. Schönborn: “sacraments” in Infamous Footnote 351 means mainly the Sacrament of Penance (Reconciliation)
The other day Pope Francis told journalists during the airplane presser on his return to Rome from Lesbos that, to understand the controversial bit in Amoris laetitia Infamous Footnote 351, we should have recourse to Card. Schönborn’s address at the presentation of the Post-Synodal Exhortation … Continue reading
Francis: “What I ask you is to read the presentation of the document made by Cardinal Schonborn.” Okay, Your Holiness, we’ll do that.
Pope Francis told journalists during the airplane presser on his return to Rome from Lesbos that to understand the controversial bit in Amoris laetitia Infamous Footnote 351 we should have recourse to Card. Schönborn’s address at the presentation of the Post-Synodal Exhortation on 8 … Continue reading