HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: The rose-gold, black and silver combinatio n will look stunning. And the blue/gold patterned done in a black/silv er will by outstandin g. Good choices, Father.
- TRW: What you say makes perfect sense, Fr. Fox.
- Charles E Flynn: This is what Father is avoiding by making use of his own cooking skills and his knowledge of local sources for ingredient s (admittedl y an extreme example): Outrage as restaur...
- AureEntuluva: Just exploring, sampling, and learning about all that cheese and charcuteri e could probably keep me occupied a while. And real Italian espresso! Although if it is true that Italian...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting food photos. It is indeed less expensive to cook for yourself, especially when there are so many different kinds of fresh vegetables in the market (did I see...
- Charivari Rob: Charles E Flynn, around these parts (Boston) the plumbers 8217; union might have a priest – if not on the roll, at least as a chaplain. They do have some interestin g members...
- Diana: I think both sets are lovely!
- JamesA: Always good to see you back “hom e”, Father. My goal is to eventually see the Eternal City in some Pilgrimage with which you are associated . Thank you so much for the benefac...
- Semper Gumby: This topic raises two questions: Is patriotism virtuous? What about not only military service, but combat service? Fr. Z has a Podcazt on Patriotism and Fulton Sheen. Here is some of...
- carndt: Thank you for exposing your readers to Daniel Mitsubishi . I have two of his works in our home. St. Patrick and his 5 x 7 Virgin and Child. His research and knowledge regarding ancient...
- semperficatholic: I love the Novena!
- Fr_Sotelo: Hell knows not the fury of an ex-priest who is obsessed with the Church treating him as a jilted lover. What’ ;s next after abolishing the priesthood ? Abolish religious life?...
- Antiquorum: Both options look gorgeous! I’m partial towards the alternativ e set. Love the use of your arms on the chasuble. The church has such a wonderful heraldic tradition. I wish we...
- teomatteo: “ 230;but for me the moment is a life markerR 21;. More like a soul darker. I pray he finds his way back
- Charles E Flynn: First Things has an excellent rebuttal. Thou Art a Priest Forever, by Paul Mankowski, S.J.: https://ww w.firstthi ngs.com/we b-exclusiv es/2019/05 /thou-art- a-priest-f orever The...
- ChrisP: The problem is not that Carroll views the Church as an NGO, but that Pope Francis, Spadaro and so on and so forth do. Just look at the flumbustib le emissions they pronounced over Matteo...
- Charlotte Allen: Carroll is a sad sack with father issues. His father was an Air Force general highly placed in the Pentagon while his son was protesting the Vietnam War and doing the hippie-...
- HibernianFaithful: Nothing is more intolerant than a tolerant Pro(RE)gre ssive\libe ral\fascis t\socialis t\Democrat (but I repeat myself) Nothing in more uneducated than an educated Pro(RE)...
- Grabski: If he left the Priesthood why does he think it’s a big deal to stop going to Mass?
- Benedict Joseph: This pathetic individual has long been off my screen. He’s still whining and screaming. What ever point he is attempting to make falls on deaf ears. His element in the Church...
- Charles E Flynn: Aside from the worthless article, the cover illustrati on showing what appears to be a cathedral coming apart is in poor taste, considerin g the recent fire at Notre Dame. To its...
- SanSan: That’ ;s good Father, keep smiling! I like the purple/gol d brocade! Thank you for the Masses. I really need them!
- JustaSinner: So, another future Satan’s Little Minion. How quaint. And he has SO MUCH to add!
- carndt: My vote is for the fabric you’re leaning towards. Absolutely beautiful. Secondly, thank you for your prayers for us as you celebrate Mass. Know that many prayers are offered for you.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: W2LJ: Wow. Yes, I would like to do that. However, it is in the clutches of someone – a layman – who has little to do with anything. He is not very responsive , I...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
- ASK FATHER: Lutheran service more reverent than the Sunday Mass
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Can lay people assist with sprinkling rite and give homily?
- “Meno chiacchiere… più processioni! … Less chattering … more processions!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: POTUS
FINALLY! Long-time readers here will recall that I’ve written on occasion about the devastation that a large Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) would cause. A large enough EMP could take out much or all of the electrical grid that our lives have … Continue reading
UPDATE: Anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice. Check out the WSJ piece about the group to which Judge Amy Coney Barrett belongs. ___ Originally Published on: Jun 29, 2018 I’ve been looking at the list of the SCOTUS candidates from … Continue reading
The loony liberal Left had a predictable meltdown concerning something Pres. Trump said. “Yawn”, right? The sun also rose in the East today. It’s turns out POTUS did not call immigrants “animals”, but rather members of MS13. However, the context-challenged … Continue reading
Yesterday I watched Pres. Trump’s speech in Miami regarding Cuba. One thing that struck me is that he talked about the “Ladies in White”. I don’t recall… did Pres. Obama ever talk about them?
Yesterday I watched the TV coverage of Pres. Trump’s massive rally in Florida. Apparently, lines were a mile long to attend. My jaw nearly dropped when First Lady Melania Trump began with the Lord’s Prayer. As this developed, “I thought … Continue reading
Once again, I would vote for the corpse of Millard Fillmore to keep the treacherous Hillary Clinton out of the White House. By posting this, I am not thereby publicly endorsing a candidate. However, I find it interesting that the Trump … Continue reading
From Live Action News: Obama nominee Garland sided against Priests for Life in contraception mandate case As Americans attempt to discern the views of Judge Merrick Garland, President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, … Continue reading
Of course he is. Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch comments on the essay at The Atlantic on the “Obama Doctrine” by Jeffrey Goldberg. Get this… “isis is not an existential threat to the United States,” he told me in one of … Continue reading
The other day I heard that for the State of the Union Address in POTUS’s area of the gallery there was to be an empty seat to honor victims of gun violence (which I assume also means gang-bangers who shot … Continue reading
I just heard that the Supreme Court of the United States, in a unanimous decision, struck down “buffer zones” around the clinical profit centers of big-business abortion. I also heard that SCOTUS found that Pres. Obama’s so-called recess appointments to … Continue reading
Pres. Obama released 5 terrorists for 1 U.S. soldier, now accused of desertion, held by Taliban terrorists (not by a nation). He said: “Whatever those circumstances may turn out to be we still get an American soldier back if he’s … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today. Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President. Popes … Continue reading
Ah! Dear Leader!
We Catholic citizens of these USA need to support the Archdiocese for Military Services. From National Catholic Register: Religion in U.S. Military Policy The Family Research Council’s report notes that pressure to impose ’a secular, anti-religious culture’ has intensified over … Continue reading