"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- PCali said Grumpy Beggar: Yes there was a seventh candle for...
- Grumpy Beggar said Hi again PCali. Thanks for the responses. I didn...
- greenlight said I third what DavidR said. Beautiful voices, beauti...
- PCali said Grumpy Beggar: No problem. I haven’t any dis...
- PCali said Grumpy Beggar: No problem. I haven’t any dis...
- Grumpy Beggar said Cali says: “Grumpy Beggar: I can testify th...
- Kathleen10 said Great commentary on this thread! HenryEdwards, the...
- PCali said Grumpy Beggar: I can testify that there was a roug...
- Grumpy Beggar said In response to the update: It could look right to...
- Joseph-Mary said One of the pastors in my town (to whom I and anoth...
- kelleyb said After reading the response taken from the Catholic...
- pseudomodo said I have noticed that whenever a person or group is...
- Josemaria said Renovation is only a matter of time.
- PCali said *The Mass pictured in the update, that is. It was...
- PCali said Just as a separate note from the discussion on Ad...
- Mike said “Calling it whatever you want, the presider...
- majuscule said Here’s pictures of a church where the high a...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Father Zuhlsdorf, Acknowledging that the Mass cele...
- Stephanus83 said I feel lucky to be where I am. My parish Priest in...
- catholictrad said As for the “table altar”, when I atten...
- Magash said Bishop Finn took the fall because, as a good sheph...
- iPadre said “the presider still has his back to the asse...
- jeffc said This is awesome and does not surprise me one bit!...
- ASPM Sem said I was at the Pontifical High Mass sitting in choir...
- JesusFreak84 said I remember reading about this, and the Vicar Gener...
- StnyPtGuy said Allen and Chicken: The Cathedral of the Risen Chr...
- Siculum said Yes, it looks right.
- TomG said Disco: Please don’t tell me you mean Cardina...
- The Masked Chicken said Love the Mass. Hate the Church design. The Chicke...
- juergensen said Two “surprise” appointments of Pope Fr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: preaching
From a reader.
What does a laywoman do if the Priest or layperson (this has happened) giving the homily at a mission starts promoting so called “same sex marraige” or trashing the teachings of the Church? Walk out? Take detailed notes … Continue reading
From a reader – QUAERITUR:
The priest in my parish seems to be a very decent and holy Man; but his homilies are super simplistic and boil down to being good and faithful. He also tells a minimum of two jokes per homily. Of … Continue reading
Are we now too impatient to receive even good preaching? Should we, therefore, dumb preaching down?
Those who are familiar with the Fathers of the Church know all too well that their sermons were often pretty long, well over an hour. Think of … Continue reading
I had a useful and edifying experience today. In a way what happened today dovetails with what I experienced a week or so ago when I carried the Blessed Sacrament for Corpus Christi in the streets of Manhattan. But … Continue reading
I was informed that recently His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston delivered the annual Carl J. Peter Lecture at the Pontifical North American College. His topic: “Preaching With The Fathers Of The Church”.
This, of course, is of great interest … Continue reading
From a reader:
May a priest give his sermon off the altar and peripatetically – wander into the aisle of the nave to deliver it?
I am not aware that there is any legislation which specifically forbids a bishop, priest or deacon to … Continue reading
From a reader:
In my parish the pastor does not know the TLM, but our associate pastor does. Our pastor now desires to preach on a regular basis to the TLM community. Do you know what the rubrics are for a non-celebrant preacher? Should … Continue reading
A reader writes asking about “bad homilies”:
Every once in a while, you get a real clunker, one that isn’t just theologically weak, but turns what should be a feast into over microwaved junk. What is the proper response?
You want to … Continue reading
His Excellency Most. Rev. Alex Sample, Bishop of Marquette – a fine man and priest I have known for many years – issued a letter about deacons.
There is some CNA coverage:
Marquette, Mich., Jun 21, 2011 / 05:54 am (CNA).- … Continue reading