Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ChiaraDiAssisi: I’m not so sure someone with a scrupulous conscience would wait for an answer here in this forum. I guess it is possible but scrupulous ly usually produces a very unholy...
- APX: As someone with a terrible memory that has a tendency to go blank, I strongly recommend writing out one’ s sins. Not only will it keep you from forgetting them, but it will speed up the...
- bushboar: There̵ 7;s no such thing as a “sam e sex spouseR 21; so there̵ 7;s no danger of scandal. Problem solved!
- GordonB: Not to split hairs, but this sounds remarkably alike to what I understand (though perhaps my understand ing is wrong) the Society of St. Pius X says when raising concerns about certain...
- ChrisP: Prof Lawler and Salzman need to take a undergrad, simpletons course in the Creighton fertility method and ancillary NaPro Technology . It will avail their Nazgul like minds of true sexual...
- JMody: Cardinal Müller is a definite treasure. Such a shame that he is no longer running CDF. I was struck by two things reading this: 1. In his exposition on the question of obedience and absol...
- stephen c: I never believed that Pius XII was as helpful as his detractors say he was to the evil and violent politician s of his day. So, I have not prayed for him the way I pray for our poor...
- Dean: “Rem ember that you are a beloved child of God” , those were the first words more than a decade ago after my first confession in over 4 years in which I had confessed to serious...
- Sawyer: It increasing ly seems that quite a few “the ologians 8221; consider their role to be purveyors of sophistry whose aim is to play word games with traditiona l theologica l terms in...
- JohnRoss: A video shows an Armenian deaconess serving a liturgy in Turkey. https://ww w.facebook .com/ortho doxdeacone ss/posts/5 6314127052 5514 [Yawn.]
- JohnRoss: The Armenian Apostolic Church apparently never abolished the female diaconate. It’s continued ordaining women without interrupti on since the 4th century. Being separate from the...
- Sawyer: @Mat. Anna, I was intrigued by your informatio n and did some research. I found that Pope Pius XII wrote an encyclical “Sem piternus rex” in which he declared that the Orien...
- thomas tucker: This questioner sounds to me as if he is troubled by a scrupulous conscience . Having suffered from that years ago, I can recognize it, and the suffering that it causes. One thing I...
- nycdreamr: Nothing in this article has anything to do with reducing the age of consent. [Maybe you really believe that. Mark my words: that’ ;s the trajectory .]
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z wrote: “The horsemeat& #8230;take s me back to seminary.& #8221; This cafeteria- chow talk brings to mind the learned discussion the Blues Brothers had with Matt “...
- David L Alexander: It needs to be said, that to the degree that an office of deaconess existed, it was (and arguably is) primarily an Eastern phenomenon , even as understood to be distinct from the...
- arga: Thank you, Father, for your willingnes s to actually read this swill and expose it.
- JesusFreak84: When I attended the TLM in Louisville , I actually LIKED having the Mass in the noon hour. Yeah, I slept in. Also, if it snowed, there was more time for the plows to do their thing.
- tho: The medical profession has two fields of study for women known as gynecology and obstetrics , they deal with the anatomy of females. Proctology is a medical study that deals with our bowels,...
- JesusFreak84: Lorra̵ 7;s comment certainly applies to this house, but blessing the house is off the table; I’m 33, but I’m still “jus t a kid” in terms of authori...
- JesusFreak84: One of the “joy s” of the sensory issues that come with autism is that I can often hear Confession s even if the penitent is using a reasonable volume *sigh*
- jim123: “If the behavior is not morally bad, it follows that there is no grave sin and, therefore, no legitimate public scandal 221;. However, Romans 14 comes to quite a different conclu...
- JesusFreak84: When I was in southern IN, I drove over the state line into Louisville for a TLM. I’m still not 100% sure what my territoria l parish was; after I lost my job and couldn&...
- hwriggles4: I live in the Southern United States and I notice that several Hispanic Catholics will only attend parishes that have Spanish only Masses. Quite a few will take the time to drive to a...
- RichR: Man inseminate s woman’s womb——-> ; Life Man inseminate s another man’s rectum—-&g t; Filthy mess (literally ) Mother Nature teaches us about good and bad in very simple ways. Thanks for...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Precious Blood
From a seminarian…
First and foremost I have to thank you immensely for this blog, which has greatly helped me and some of my brothers from our Seminary down here in Brazil (where stuff like those on Fishwrap are rather commonplace … Continue reading
On 1 July, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Bishop of Madison (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary), sang a Pontifical Mass at the Throne in the Roman Rite’s traditional form.
Holy Mass was … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of the Most Precious Blood… in the older, traditional calendar of the Roman Rite. Thus we inaugurate the month of July, during which in a special way, fire up our devotion to the Most Precious Blood … Continue reading
From a reader…
Recently at my parish, we had a retired priest say masses while our priest was away. In addition to improvising prayers during the Collect, he changed the wording of the Words of Institution. During the consecration of wine, … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of the Most Precious Blood.
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, qui unigenitum Filium tuum mundi Redemptorem constituisti, ac eius sanguine placari voluisti: concede, quaesumus, salutis nostrae pretium ita venerari, atque a praesentis vitae malis eius virtute defendi in terris, ut fructu perpetuo laetemur in caelis.
Here’s a … Continue reading
From a reader…
What should one do if the chalice containing the precious blood is dropped as it is passed to the communicant.
I hope that this is theoretical, only. As a seminarian I once saw this happen and people just blithely … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Candidate for Holy Orders as I prepare for ordination to the diaconate in 2015. We are being told that as deacons we are ministers of the Cup. For our formators this means when there are … Continue reading
From a priest:
I need help from an ossified unreconstructed manualist!
This morning I was a concelebrant at Mass with two other priests.
After the consecration I was astounded to see a chalice with previously consecrated Precious Blood brought from the tabernacle. [?!?]
The … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation.
My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the old words … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I receive communion kneeling must I also receive from the chalice kneeling?
The smallest drop of the Most Precious Blood of our Saviour and God, Our Lord Christ Jesus, is greater in dignity than the cosmos and every … Continue reading
From a reader:
I believe that there is an error on the FSSP calendar this year. Their calendar shows the Feast of the Most Precious Blood being transferred to July 2 because July 1 is the Feast of the Sacred Heart. … Continue reading
From a reader:
My father-in-law has been battling tongue cancer (which has spread to
his lymph) and has been housebound for nearly 5 months. Moreover, he hasn’t eaten any solid foods for nearly 10 months. He has a feeding
tube for his nutrition.
The … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question about self-communication. I was at a monastery this weekend for a retreat and a monks allowed the laity to receive the Chalice. How they did it was a bit odd though. A lay brother … Continue reading
From a reader, edited:
Last night I was scandalised, apart from the usual "inclusive" language that the Priest used throughout, he asked, after the Priests Communion (normally the EMHC’s are crawling over each other by now) whether there was a "Eucharistic … Continue reading