Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- DMorgan: Thank you Father.
- JonPatrick: Of course if history had preceded a little differentl y, Henry̵ 7;s break could have resulted in something more like Eastern Orthodoxy with a separation from Rome but a retention of...
- JonPatrick: They seem to forget there was only ever one Woman who was born without sin. Not that the concept of sin seems to exist for them, other than people who fail to recycle their trash.
- JonPatrick: Uber unfortunat ely is another one of those things that separates the technologi cal haves from the have-nots. Since I have a Betamax phone whereas the rest of the technologi cally...
- Clinton R.: This is straight from Hell, where Henry VIII is mostly likely suffering in eternity for his rebellion against the Catholic Church. Have the English gone completely daft? May St. Augus...
- HvonBlumenthal: Newman said that the Church of England is a great bulwark against heresies greater than her own. Now that this bulwark has been bashed down, the enemy is pouring into the breach...
- TonyO: Dear Father GottaDoThe LatestThin g: Do you realize that when you introduce these novelties, you induce 1/2 of the congregati on to tune you out as a failed entertaine r (if you weren...
- richiedel: PONTIFICAL High Mass and a HIERARCHIC AL Divine Liturgy
- SanSan: Beautiful!
- SanSan: YAY! Thank you Jesus. Prayers answered!
- Dismas: “Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out.” ; [Interesti ng. I just quoted that very line not a half hour ago when talking to someone about what’ ;s going on these...
- Dinocrates: This sounds an awful lot like “The Lord of the World.R 21;
- TonyO: There are plenty of women in positions of leadership in public schools, and yet those schools have as much or more cases of abuse and shenanigan s. Except, of course, those schools also have...
- PetersBarque: Not content with just slouching towards Gomorrah, these wayward bishops, priests, and nuns are leading the charge towards the pit of hell.
- Luminis: Never trust a nun in a pants suit!!
- tho: All of these outrageous happenings defy human nature. What would Jesus say, none dare ask. The media seems to take a perverse pleasure in reporting such nonsense. Just imagine some 6″...
- APX: Perhaps this will be good for the Anglican Use Ordinariat e in England.
- WmHesch: I bet the Martinites will use the existing “Order for the Welcoming of New Parishione rs“ from the BofB to create something similar in a Catholic context
- APX: Is it just my unhelpable German self that thinks this becomes rather unpoetical when replacing “thine” by “yours”, even setting aside rhyming issues? No. It’s a pet-peeve of mine when it gets...
- VP: “ 230;the Affirmatio n of Baptismal Faith enables people to ‘ren ew the commitment s made in baptism and in a public setting 230;’ ; ” From the trans point of view,...
- CatholicCoffee: Living in England this does not surprise me in the least. So much of Anglicanis m is about “bei ng nice” ;. They are being nice to transgende r people today. Anglicanis m...
- monstrance: They have already made a mockery of Marriaage, Why not baptism
- Imrahil: There also is a beautiful, and rather meaningful and unexpected , line from a German song where a man sings to his love about the time his duty (of being a wandering journeyman ) will be...
- tzabiega: I was recently talking to a group of Guadalajar a diocesan seminarian s while in Mexico. They have 11 years of seminary before they can be ordained, mostly divided between philosophy and...
- Ellen: I have been to a few (thankfull y only a few) Masses where the muzak was so bad and the service was so free form that I had to discreetly cover my ears.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 11: Hark! a gladsome voice is thrilling
- TERRIFIC! School Choir accomplished, back to back, Solemn Roman and Eastern liturgy!
- NYC Day 1: Of Borscht and Buttons
- “If only women were in leadership positions…”
- Anglicans to mock baptism with transgender ceremony
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 10: If a liturgy looks silly, you can close your eyes. But if it sounds silly…
- A priest’s thought after going ‘ad orientem’
- Priests and Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- My View For Awhile: ”Festina Lente” Edition
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 09: Proper Marian Devotion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Of getting Latin wrong, corrections, and of priests and their Latin or lack thereof
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 08: Egocentrics and God’s gifts
- A conflicted Fishwrap v. Francis on homosexuals in seminary and priesthood
- On this day in 2005 …
- Help a young entrepreneur!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 07: “If she had not given her ‘Fiat!’…”
- 7 Dec – Titanic, intriguing St Ambrose of Milan, bishop and doctor
- UPDATE on injuries and recovery with heartfelt thanks
- Solemn Requiem for @BishopMorlino in @MadisonDiocese
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 06: Our Lord will appear in His humanity so that He can be seen by the just and the wicked
- VIDEO – Funeral of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese
- Latin Mass Society of England & Wales @latinmassuk – Re-upping!
- Recent Registration
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 05: The priest, John the Baptist, points toward Jesus
- New art from Daniel MITSUI – great gift idea
- After the funeral of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese
- ASK FATHER: Can we cook with or drink Holy Water?
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 04: Your God of the Second Chance
- Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Precious Blood
Was there a good point or two made in the sermon you heard at the Holy Mass to fulfill your Sunday obligation? Let us know what it was.
For my part, for this Feast of the Most Precious Blood, I spoke … Continue reading
From a seminarian…
First and foremost I have to thank you immensely for this blog, which has greatly helped me and some of my brothers from our Seminary down here in Brazil (where stuff like those on Fishwrap are rather commonplace … Continue reading
On 1 July, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Bishop of Madison (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary), sang a Pontifical Mass at the Throne in the Roman Rite’s traditional form.
Holy Mass was … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of the Most Precious Blood… in the older, traditional calendar of the Roman Rite. Thus we inaugurate the month of July, during which in a special way, fire up our devotion to the Most Precious Blood … Continue reading
From a reader…
Recently at my parish, we had a retired priest say masses while our priest was away. In addition to improvising prayers during the Collect, he changed the wording of the Words of Institution. During the consecration of wine, … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of the Most Precious Blood.
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, qui unigenitum Filium tuum mundi Redemptorem constituisti, ac eius sanguine placari voluisti: concede, quaesumus, salutis nostrae pretium ita venerari, atque a praesentis vitae malis eius virtute defendi in terris, ut fructu perpetuo laetemur in caelis.
Here’s a … Continue reading
From a reader…
What should one do if the chalice containing the precious blood is dropped as it is passed to the communicant.
I hope that this is theoretical, only. As a seminarian I once saw this happen and people just blithely … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Candidate for Holy Orders as I prepare for ordination to the diaconate in 2015. We are being told that as deacons we are ministers of the Cup. For our formators this means when there are … Continue reading
From a priest:
I need help from an ossified unreconstructed manualist!
This morning I was a concelebrant at Mass with two other priests.
After the consecration I was astounded to see a chalice with previously consecrated Precious Blood brought from the tabernacle. [?!?]
The … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation.
My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the old words … Continue reading
From a reader:
If I receive communion kneeling must I also receive from the chalice kneeling?
The smallest drop of the Most Precious Blood of our Saviour and God, Our Lord Christ Jesus, is greater in dignity than the cosmos and every … Continue reading
From a reader:
I believe that there is an error on the FSSP calendar this year. Their calendar shows the Feast of the Most Precious Blood being transferred to July 2 because July 1 is the Feast of the Sacred Heart. … Continue reading
From a reader:
My father-in-law has been battling tongue cancer (which has spread to
his lymph) and has been housebound for nearly 5 months. Moreover, he hasn’t eaten any solid foods for nearly 10 months. He has a feeding
tube for his nutrition.
The … Continue reading