Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Terentia said I was a hospice nurse whose schedule was to work e...
- kay said Thank you very much for these weekly postings duri...
- Daniel W said Why call a Church in San Diego, St Anne’s ...
- benedetta said Given my experiences with technology of late, the...
- forzajuv said I just started playing 3 weeks back. I like it. It...
- dafrenchman said geotagging type game if I recall.
- DavidJ said I was for quite a while, and then it got old.
- Pigeon said It’s a game, apparently.
- Nicholas said I walked into a building once. Although, I donR...
- OlderCatholic said “Can Laity have hosts?” Until they are...
- Daniel W said Ed Peters complains about Scalia’s statement that...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Too many rabbit trails to chase down here, so, I...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said RobtBrown’s comments on the Office — a...
- Benedict Joseph said Rude reality. Judges Kennedy and Sotomayor don’t g...
- Papabile said Going after Scalia on this one sentence, taken out...
- Ignatius said To robtbrown You say: “Scalia has said that...
- Kathleen10 said Imagine boycotts that encompass Catholics AND Prot...
- Kathleen10 said Roma247, great and accurate point. We can do both...
- Kathleen10 said This decision takes away the right of states to de...
- robtbrown said mlmc says: vandalia- you misinterpret the role of...
- Bea said Andrew says: “What is the effect of excommun...
- Giuseppe said Chief Justice Roberts, joined by Justice Scalia an...
- alanphipps said Chicken is right — Doctor Who bests both of...
- vandalia said @mlmc, For clarity, that is not simply my opinion,...
- robtbrown said Re whether marriage is part of Divine Revelation:...
- Massachusetts Catholic said If a Catholic priest who is pastor of a parish par...
- Seamus said I wonder whether those who argue that judges who r...
- mlmc said vandalia- you misinterpret the role of a SCOTUS ju...
- robtbrown said Ignatius says: Justice Scalia has said, time and a...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, I’d defend the Council on fo...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Pres. Obama
I have mixed feelings about Gov. Scott Walker running for President. It would be hard to lose him to the state I live in, because he is doing a cracker-jack job. Time will tell.
Anyway, liberal newsies are already … Continue reading
This is interesting, from Outlook India:
Catholic Priests From Vatican Denied Indian Visa
This comes in the wake of growing attacks on churches in the national capital.
The Indian Government this week denied entry into the country to two Catholic priests from the … Continue reading
Today at the National Prayer Breakfast, in the context of talking about horrible things that ISIS does, Pres. Obama, pseudo-sophisticate in chief, said:
“Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that … Continue reading
We know that Pres. Obama is the most fervently pro-abortion president in history. He even supported infanticide when he was in the Illinois legislature. We know that the leadership of the Democrat Party, and indeed the party as a whole, … Continue reading
Do you remember Schoolhouse Rock?
Here is an original about the passing of laws:
This is the updated version from Saturday Nigh Live:
Homosexual HRC Founder Arrested for Raping 15-Year-Old Boy
et another high profile “gay” activist has been arrested for homosexual assault on a child. This time authorities caught one of the big fish (a rainbow trout?). Terrance Patrick Bean founded the … Continue reading
Finally! strategy to defeat ISIS terrorists! Fearsome Twitter messages, fatally ironic Instagram photos!
Meanwhile, from The People’s Cube, we have a solution to the problem of ISIS!
I hope the President is taking notes.
ISIL to be Defeated by Twitter and Instagram Bombardment
Comrade Vice President Joseph Biden has announced that the USSA will chase … Continue reading
Rep. Gowdy of South Carolina speaks to the issue of enforcement of federal laws and the President’s cavalier approach to law.
“I want us to talk as colleagues, because our foundational document gave us as the House unique powers and responsibilities. … Continue reading
I hear that victims of the highly infectious and contagious Ebola Virus are being brought to these United States. Pray for these poor people. It’ll be the first time this deadly and highly infectious and contagious virus will be … Continue reading
From The Weekly Standard:
GOP Senator: Obama To ‘Effectively End Immigration Enforcement’
The Obama administration is preparing to effectively “nullify” the immigration laws of the United States through an executive action, says one Republican senator. As Time reported Thursday, President Obama appears … Continue reading