Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: God bless Cdl. Sarah. Phil 2: 6-8 indeed.
- robtbrown: In the above comment “def initive 221; is a Latin adverb meaning definitive ly.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: USCCB urges Catholics to call officials about DACA. If I don’t, do I sin?
- LENTCAzT 2018 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Saved in hope
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Pres. Obama
RAINBOW FLAG FLIES OVER U.S. EMBASSY IN MADRID
The Obama administration seems to have forgotten the International Day of the Family last week that was celebrated at the UN and around the world May 15.
Yet the administration was very enthusiastic … Continue reading
Obama’s papal audience
VATICAN CITY — President Barack Obama was once the biggest superstar on the international stage. On Thursday, he headed here to benefit from the popularity of his replacement: Pope Francis.
The 50-minute meeting was a rare chance for … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today.
Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President.
Popes meet with … Continue reading
Two stories of burning, which meet our approval.
First, from BizPac:
Former Obama groupie burns her 2008 campaign T-shirt; tells off ‘criminal-in-chief’
Saying she was once among President Obama‘s “most hysterical supporters,” Carey Wedler wants the world to know she has come to … Continue reading
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That’s the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading
In other news, under the Obama Adminstration statists’ dreams are coming true!
From The Washington Times,
Survey: U.S. press freedom plunges under Obama to 46th in world, after Romania
The Obama administration’s handling of whistleblower Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency leaks and … Continue reading
Fr. Z kudos to Brooklyn’s bishop Most Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio. It is dated, but it is good, and still relevant.
With a biretta tip Pewsitter and to Veneremur Cernui I saw this at CNSNews:
Catholic Bishop: Obama Is ‘Proponent’ of What is … Continue reading
The President’s State of the Union address is tonight.
People are musing about what the President will say or ought to say.
As I see it…
What the President ought to say:
“Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice-President, Members of Congress, the Cabinet, Honorable Justices, my … Continue reading
First Things, which has revamped its site (check it out), has a good piece today about
EIGHT LIES IN PRESIDENT OBAMA’S ROE STATEMENT
by Matthew Schmitz
President Obama issued a statement today to mark the forty-first anniversary of Roe v. Wade. A mere paragraph … Continue reading
I saw at the blog of Syte Reitz in an entry labelled “The Deceiver” that – I am not making this up – Pres. Obama had declared Thursday 16 January to be “Religious Freedom Day”.
Religious Freedom Day?
It takes some real cynicism, … Continue reading
Tide of public opinion will swing against Obamacare…. er um… the so-called, misnamed, AFFORDABLE Care Act.
Has your insurance been cancelled yet?
First, people will see that it’s a bad idea which will cost far too much for far too many. Second, … Continue reading
For all you supports of The First Gay President’s administration and for all of those Catholic entities out there who have bought into Common Core, from Breitbart:
NEW YORK COMMON CORE WEBSITE SENT STUDENTS TO SEX QUIZ PAGE
*The following article contains … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerry Murray of the Archdiocese of New York was recently on FNC. He spoke about Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate. He did a great job explaining some key points and had a few good one liners.
You might review … Continue reading
While the Little Sisters of the Poor are fighting for our religious freedom, the University of Notre Dame (which gave to the most infamously pro-abortion President of these USA ever the honor of a Doctrate in Law – of all … Continue reading
The Obama Administration continues its jihad against the 1st Amendment, religious freedom, especially Catholic religious freedom.
Administration to high court: Don’t exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate
The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt Catholic groups from … Continue reading
Liberal catholics want us all to weenie out and avoid engaging in “culture wars”.
Meanwhile, I saw this commentary piece at CNSNews:
Free Exercise of Virtue Prohibited as of Today in USA
As of today–Jan. 1, 2014–a Democratic administration led by President Barack … Continue reading
Hmmm…. Maybe I should name Justice Sonia Sotomayor Fr. Z’s Person of the Year.
Justice [Sotomayor] delays health law’s birth control mandate
Justice delays health law’s birth control mandate
By: Associated Press
December 31, 2013 10:34 PM EST
WASHINGTON — Only hours before the … Continue reading