Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: I’ve been staring at that text. …gra tia illuminat semperR 30;?
- Lux de Coelo: Well done Br Edmund. You’ve solved my mystery
- Amerikaner: Just. Plain. Awesome!
- DebbieInCT: hahahahaha !!! I miss Bob Hope, too.
- Gab: Hope your talk was videoed, Fr Z and that you’ ll let us see it :)
- Spinmamma: Beautiful. I teared up. @SKAY What did you mean by your comment?
- SKAY: Unfortunat ely things are changing in this country.
- SKAY: Thank you, Father. I needed that laugh. I miss Bob Hope.
- The Egyptian: Goal is to make your seat a little smaller
- jjbulano: Brilliant! Spot on!
- Therese: That’ ;s beautiful. St. Peter Damian, pray for us!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Your Good News
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Priests
From a reader… QUAERITUR: What’s the deal with priests carrying their emergency cellphone on them? [Hmmm… I don’t know what the deal is!] I was disturbed to learn that our priest doesn’t keep it with him. When I asked him … Continue reading
At Crisis there is posted an open letter from an anonymous young priest to bishops. It is a cri de coeur. Where Are the Bishops Who Will Defend Faithful Priests? I read this letter today, so that it will have … Continue reading
NEW BOOK: Heroism and Genius: How Catholic Priests Helped Build—and Can Help Rebuild—Western Civilization
I recently received a book by Fr. William J. Slattery which has been truly intrigued. Heroism and Genius: How Catholic Priests Helped Build—and Can Help Rebuild—Western Civilization US HERE – UK HERE What’s this about? Our author says: With stubborn … Continue reading
From an old prayerbook for priests which I’ve had since before my ordination. They are dense with old wisdom. Here are two prayers, in Latin and English, for priests, for before and after they make confession their own confession. I’ve … Continue reading
This has gone immediately on my wishlists. It seems to be slated for publication on 1 August. Some of his books include an appendices of sermons. It will be great to have them in one volume. Get copies as gifts … Continue reading
I posted this last year, to the day. Any additional thoughts? ___ Originally Published on: May 3, 2016 ___ And yet, do other parishes and dioceses and religious groups change what they are doing? Not much. It is if they really … Continue reading
I have often written about how priests are never the same after having learned how to say the older, traditional form of Holy Mass in the Roman Rite. Many priests have related to me about how, once they learned, or … Continue reading
I am in Denver, preaching for a Forty Hours Devotion following, of course, the Clementine Instruction in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. On Thursday we had a Sung Mass, after which I exposed the Blessed Sacrament, we had … Continue reading
In June and into July, many newly ordained priests have reported to their first assignment as associate or assistant (as my old pastor used to say, “The first three letters are the same”). These days we hear often the … Continue reading
This applies to priests as well. From LifeSite: Why some bishops behave the way they do June 14, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) – Why can’t 40 Days for Life in my home town get any support from our local bishop? Why does … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: One of our priests is moving on, and yesterday he gave his farewell at Mass. Instead of a homily, he talked up St. Francis’ contributions to social justice, and about how our faith is represented in … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, our parish priest is a good man, well versed in Scripture, in the encyclicals. He is also charismatic. However, his preaching is dreadful. He uses the homily as an opportunity to teach and goes on … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: As you mentioned in one of your other posts, it’s the the season of ordinations. It’s also the season for priest transfers. Our pastor of 12 years is being transferred to a different parish in another … Continue reading
Today I watched the video of the Pope who made his own confession before hearing the confessions of others. HERE That juxtaposition brought forcefully into my mind both the prayers I usually say before and after making my own confession, … Continue reading