When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Subdeacon Joseph K. said I love the word “ghost.” After all, i...
- AlexanderAerarius said “Holy Ghost” sounds Protestant to me....
- Mariana2 said Gand alf = light elf, elf of light. The Holy Ghost...
- pannw said I just voted. It now stands: Yes: 47% No: 53% Tot...
- Nicholas said If the baby boy grows up to be a man in a good Car...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Deacon Augustine did well to mention “pre-10...
- FrDulli said So that’s only 98 Greek characters. Would h...
- jameeka said Interesting comments by Pius Parsch. Hmm.
- thymos said St. Thomas refers to the action of spiration in ht...
- WmHesch said It’s unfortunate the name of a Divine Person...
- Dave P. said People who go on about costly vestments and church...
- e.e. said May God bless Cardinal Koch.
- Venerator Sti Lot said JuliaB, It is – and as the Wikipedia article...
- Andrew Saucci said While baptisms outside of Lent may be more liturgi...
- John Nolan said Cardinal Nichols has published a book on St John F...
- asperges said In the UK before the changes, Holy Ghost was the t...
- JARay said When I was a boy there were people around me who u...
- stephen c said One of the best reading experiences of my life was...
- John Nolan said Those who learned their prayers before 1964 will a...
- Mariana2 said Loads of lovely Catholic prayers don’t seem...
- Justalurkingfool said I could not find the poll. Not on my phone interne...
- Deacon Augustine said TMC, I accept your points about “linguistic...
- Marissa said Depending on the cadence of the prayer, one synony...
- techno_aesthete said Yes. 55% No. 45%
- Maynardus said Wait – isn’t everything these days abo...
- gretta said That yellow garment passing for a chausible is so...
- Uxixu said I recall the story Stephen Matthew mentions of a C...
- AidWater said Where I went to church on Wednesday (The Annunciat...
- bkalafut said “Holy Ghost” always struck my (Chicago...
- APX said “. Now don’t get me started on “world withou...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: pro-life
From Life News:
Obama Administration Calls Pro-Lifers Terrorists Again
Once again, the Obama administration [Pres. Obama is such an aggressive advocate for abortion that he even promoted actual infanticide.] has called “terrorists” the majority of Americans who support the pro-life view on … Continue reading
Dictionaries are important. When dictionaries change there can be wide repercussions. For example, when the standard reference point for American English back in the day, Webster, changed their basic approach, their lexicographical theory, as it were, from being being proscriptive … Continue reading
For your “Ex ore infantium” file…
I saw this at Life Site with my emphases:
I received the following from a second grade teacher:
The class has been learning about Martin Luther King, Jr., and we were talking about how one person can … Continue reading
As I have written before, during the 2012 election run-up Minnesota will be a battle-ground state for the defense of marriage issue. The Catholic bishops of Minnesota will be deeply involved. Archbishop Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis has all … Continue reading
Here is part of a post at Life Site. You should read the whole thing there.
Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: The List Goes On and On..
Dear LifeNews.com Readers,
Today, LifeNews.com updated our exclusive and extensive listing of the pro-abortion and anti-life actions … Continue reading
Did you all by now see the giant pro-Life balloon rosary that floated over Chicago?
Intentionally or unintentionally, this commercial is a good pro-baby advocate.
You can see why pro-abortion advocates are terrified of ultra-sound machines.
From a reader in Chicago:
Chicago “LIFE Mob” Hits the Streets Again
Youth cheer Joe Scheidler and upset pro-abortion rally.
On April 2, 2011, hundreds of pro-life advocates and more than two dozen leaders from all over the country gathered in downtown Chicago … Continue reading
From a reader:
CHICAGO – A pro-abortion “Walk for Choice” rally was held in
downtown Chicago’s Daley Plaza on Saturday, February 26, 2011.
Participants of the “Walk for Choice” were protesting HR Bill 3
which limits taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.
As a response to … Continue reading
Robby George speaks:
“Abortion and embryo-destructive research are at the heart of the divide between the nation’s major political parties,” Professor Robert George said, galvanizing support for the pro-life plank in the Republican Party while drawing disaffected Democrats to the Republican … Continue reading