Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ms. M-S: Yes. And I think, every time I come to that part in the movie, that it means all of us as well.
- Gab: @carndt, I did post something for you but my comment seems to have disappeare d. I won’ t repost as maybe Father removed it. In any case, use google to find the answer.
- Gab: @ The Egyptian, I don’ t think much of those comments. Seems a bit of envy going on. As for the cost, the aim is to do something beautiful for God, have good quality vestments that last...
- The Egyptian: thought you might enjoy Southern Orders blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald,s posting on your new vestments, especially the comments. https://so uthernorde rspage.blo gspot.com/ 2019/04...
- arcillajohn: So beautiful! !!
- TheBackPew: Ditto, that is my #1 moment as well. And He did.
- Diana: Me too. Such a perfect movie.
- bibi1003: I read at LifeSite News today that 3 days before this man showed up at St. Patrick 217;s, he was arrested for trespassin g at NewarkR 17;s Sacred Heart Cathedral. It was also...
- Charles E Flynn: Amazon.com ’s listing for the DVD Definitive Edition shows a Blu-ray Definitive Edition, but when you click its button, you get the regular Blu-ray. The ASIN for the Blu-ray...
- richiedel: Can someone find the part in the law about how the two “sna cks” cannot add up to one full meal?
- Suburbanbanshee: Chewing gum is mentioned by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, IIRC, in the form of pine tar, mastic, etc. And he said it was okay, but not to smack your lips and chew obviously, so as not...
- JustaSinner: Beautiful! Worthy of The Lord.
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I need to redownload the scriptural way of the cross. There are a few apps available. I like the one Via Crucis. I just wish it came with an audio. I tried the papal one...
- carndt: Please edify me on Holy Thursday&a mp;Good Friday. When I was young( pre-VII): – there was not feet washing of anyone. Last night there was feet washing of laity, 12 individual s. One...
- Imrahil: (Except, I guess, for the latter – which I intended to delete from the comment, but there goes.)
- Imrahil: Anyway, what about the apple (or for that matter orange) juice? Or the skim-milk of the Wisconseni ans (what̵ 7;s the word for them?)? They might be borderline cases, especially with...
- Mariana2: Should have read: my Lutheran husband 217;s apple juice.
- Mariana2: I looked rather longingly on my husband 217;s apple juice today̷ 0;
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Whe n the years shall draw nigh Thou shalt be known: when the time shall come, Thou shalt be manifested . When my soul shall be in trouble, Thou wilt remem...
- Imrahil: Well, what about the cappuccino ? It looks to me like a quite good example of a morning allowance. One. With nothing else. Okay, maybe one abbraccio or pan di stelle or the like. Just one....
- pbnelson: Okay, coffee with a small amount of milk is okay, got it. What about cappuccino s? i.e. 1.5 ounces of espresso with 3 ounces of milk? And three of them? To be completely honest, my idea...
- SKAY: Thank you JonPatrick
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: PRO MULTIS
The liturgy wars are probably going to flare up again. Not long ago the Pope changed the way that liturgical translations are approved and then, in an informal manner, suggested a few interpretive principles, none of which he has codified. … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I just read an article from the Remnant which argued that the use of “for all” instead of “for many” did not invalidate the Mass. This article was written immediately after the release of the new translation of … Continue reading
Some time ago I issued a serious rant. HERE I think you should take it to heart. From Sandro Magister: A Firing, a Demolition: Behold the New Curia The reform of the Vatican curia that Pope Francis is carrying out … Continue reading
From Sandro Magister’s site Chiesa: Vatican Diary / The conversion of bishop-theologian Bruno Forte He was a determined supporter of “for all” in the words of the consecration. But the pope’s letter to the German bishops has changed his mind. … Continue reading
In these five short years, vatican.va has already managed to post Summorum Pontificum in Latin and Hungarian! But wait! vatican.va still has nothing on the Holy Father’s Letter to German-speaking bishops about the translation of “pro multis“! Could we at least … Continue reading
I posted about the absence (and then the presence) of the Holy Father’s Letter to German bishops on the vatican.va site. HERE. Here is the editorial of the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, on the site of Vatican Radio … Continue reading
Pope Benedict’s “pro multis” letter to German-speaking bishops now in English. Wherein an HONORED GUEST ranteth.
Here is a follow up to my post about the Holy Father’s letter of instruction to the German speaking bishops about the translation of “pro multis” in the new liturgical books. An English translation of the Holy Father’s letter is … Continue reading
From a priest: I was concelebrating a Mass last week (N.O., in English) and the principal celebrant substituted the word ‘all’ for ‘many’ at the consecration. I gather he does this at every Mass he offers. Does that change render … Continue reading
Another form of clerical abuse. From a reader: I’m a DRE with an important question. Today at Mass, a visiting priest in the diocese indicated the following during his homily: 1. He is very much opposed to the new, more accurate … Continue reading
From a reader: If I had to guess, there are probably many priests throughout the US who are refusing to celebrate the Mass according to the new translation. My question is, “Is the Mass invalid if a priest uses the … Continue reading
From a reader: I was wondering what the mind of Catholics ought to be toward the validity of Masses which are celebrated after the implementation of the Third Edition of the Roman Missal by certain Priests who may dare to … Continue reading
From the September newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Worship comes this blurb: Use of Ustedes and the Spanish Translation of Pro Multis In 2008, the USCCB petitioned the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments … Continue reading
Over at Chiesa, the gentlemanly Sandro Magister has posted about German and Italian bishops and the issue of new, corrected translation of the Missale Romanum. However, the piece is not by Magister. It is anonymous… signed “***”, which I think … Continue reading