You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Geoffrey said “We need Latin in the NOVUS ORDO.” Yes...
- timothyputnam said Father, My parish has English and Spanish Ad Orie...
- RomeontheRange said YES we need Novus Ordo Latin Masses. It is such a...
- catholiccomelately said Guiseppe, as a Lutheran I never heard of a Luther...
- Ralph said Our bilingual parish is getting a new pastor who o...
- Therese said “They recently started playing drums at my c...
- frjim4321 said “When they see a biretta… when they see a ca...
- StJude said Rob in Maine… looks delicious then I looked...
- Kathleen10 said suedusek, really. How about a bit of understandin...
- Rachel Gohlman said It is true. Every type of person seems welcome at...
- Bea said It IS kind of scary, NBW. This brings to mind the...
- John Nelson said Questiones ullae? Nullae? Bene!
- Kathleen10 said Sounds great to me!
- Catholictothecore said “We can get all excited about the aging hipp...
- Hank Igitur said Reintroduce compulsory Latin classes in all “...
- Athelstan said And Protestants say Catholics don’t know the...
- majuscule said This is off topic but might pertain to the time wh...
- Muv said Jasoncpetty – Spanish is just terrible Latin...
- Therese said I’ll let Pius XII have my say: http://te-ig...
- Therese said It’s wonderful to see the responses to this...
- Cafea Fruor said No, Fr. Z., I meant what I said. I’m always...
- anilwang said APX says: “It’s too bad someone doesn’t writ...
- cathgrl said Supertradmum, Excuse me. I’m on the older en...
- Julian Barkin said Hey Everyone, as much as tooting my own horn deser...
- inexcels said This may be the perfect new background for my desk...
- Cheesesteak Expert said pmullane, abstinence from meat is not fasting. It&...
- Random Friar said Trivia: The “Rosetta Stone” program us...
- FaithfulCatechist said Grammatical gender is largely a linguistic acciden...
- NBW said That’s kind of scary Fr. Z. Maybe the Amish...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, AvantiBev, (or anyone else), What so...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Guest Post:
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
- WDTPRS Do It Yourself: Friday after (transferred) Ascension
- I’m feeling bad for the nuns today
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: processions
Some of you who pay attention to matters liturgical – in detail – might get an edifying kick out of Peregrinus Gasolinus. The nice folks from Romanitas Press have been reproducing it. Here is a note I received:
Just thought … Continue reading
Did you participate in any processions?
Any newly revived processions?
Give us a report of what you saw and heard.
Technorati Tags: Corpus Christi, Eucharistic Adoration, processions
Send to Kindle
The liturgical eye-candy specialists at NLM have posted some great photos of the annual pilgrimage to Chartres Cathedral (for those of you in Fridley, that’s a big, pretty church in France).
We need more processions.
Anecdote: One day in May I was … Continue reading
I didn’t get to this yesterday or “Feria Secunda in Rogationibus“.
Rogation Days were on the traditional Roman calendar for 25 April (Major Rogation Day) and the three days before Ascension THURSDAY (Minor).
“Rogation” comes from rogo “to ask”.
For the Major days, … Continue reading
From a reader:
We hope to bring 2 children (extended family) to Mass on Christmas Eve. They have not been baptized.
QUAERITUR: Are unbaptized children allowed to go up to Communion with their arms crossed and receive a blessing? What about an … Continue reading