Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- richiedel: Not only is the concept of personal sin undermined with the celebratio n of this communal reconcilia tion service, but even collective sin according to the program has been reduced to...
- Gab: I went to one of these “eve nts” last year. Quite frankly, I didn’ ;t see the point of it all. It seemed to be more a token gesture than real confession of sins and receiv...
- OctoberSun: A copy-paste of some of this into a search engine appears to reveal that various Presbyteri an and Methodist churches have utilized this text as early as 2010… ; Smh :’)
- michael de cupertino: Our pastor, in purple vestments, talked about Gaudete Sunday and pointed out it comes from the epistle for today. So halfway there anyway.
- Cicero_NOLA: “Bes ide talk of your Church being renewed, we recognize the bondage to failed patterns of the past,̶ 1; indeed. This pamphlet is Exhibit A.
- glennbcnu: Wow… ….ju st…. .wow… ;.and so sad… … “whe n the earth was flat” ;???? Wow… ..
- richdel: “Ros e may be used, where it is the practice, on Gaudete Sunday (Third Sunday of Advent) and on Laetare Sunday (Fourth Sunday of Lent).R 21; (General Instructio n of the Roman...
- Gaetano: I thought worst of the 1970’ ;s weirdness went extinct in the early 90’s . It appears that the “Spi rit of Vatican II” – like herpes – went dormant for a...
- Fr. Kelly: I used our dusky rose chasuble in a moderate Gothic shape, which was handmade out of rayon some time in the late 1930s or early 1940s. It was originally purple but over the years has...
- Dismas: Quick! What year is this!?
- majuscule: PurpleR 30;butR 30; Our priests always come to our church from the larger parish church. We have vestments but no rose chasuble. In the past, priests who have wanted rose have...
- KateriK: Purple vestments. Sermon notes: Joy must be Christo-ce ntric otherwise it is not true spiritual joy.
- aliceinstpaul: “You might be saved if you are following your conscience sincerely” .Seriously ? This is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says: “Out side the Church there is no...
- Mr. Graves: Rose, NO, military chapel (traveling ).
- rollingrj: “It has always been Gaudete Sunday. Ignorance or bias will never change this fact as long as some of us can still recognize error.R 21; I would call it ignoring with malace....
- L.: I am not sure that pastor is wrong when I reflect on my parishR 17;s Mass this morning – “upd ated” ; song lyrics with piano accompanim ent, constantly -running pointl...
- Kathleen10: That was lovelyR 30;
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): WmHesch says: A better poll might be: which hue of pink/ rose?̷ 0;Princess Pink… ;Hot Pink… ;Salmon 230;Rose Madder You left out Pepto-Bism ol. Still, I...
- KateD: I don’ t know what the deacon said. It was in Spanglish and between translatio ns I drifted, BUT! AFTER the Spanish Mass they celebrated Las Posadas. We were just going over to the...
- Hidden One: OF, celebrant and concelebra nt both in rose.
- Hidden One: Well, *tomorrow* Gaudete Sunday will be no more… ;
- Tara Tremuit: Looks like Pat Archbold 8217;s assessment of the eee-vil grand-mast er plan is unfolding apace. (Squash the little guys, coral the Trads into two or three big orders – ICK,SP...
- rdb: While the pastor is clearly wrong, there is a truth in the reality of Advent as it is experience d by most Catholics in the US. Christmas trees have been up since the end of November, people...
- Jonathan Marshall: Rose vestments, but a rather wet “Chu rch of Nice” ; homily. 5/10
- Ef-lover: EF mass vestments were rose. Fathers sermon was in summary to acknowledg e we are sinners , confess our sins and we will have joy.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 16: O Antiphons
- Advent Penance Service Idiocy
- POLL: Gaudete Rose Vestments and Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Pastor says “Gaudete Sunday, is no more”
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 15: Joyful Longing, Longing Joy
- UPDATE: Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
- Priest preaches at funeral, world falls on his head
- My View For Awhile: Limping Homeward
- Newly born religious groups, strangled in their cradles
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 14: LIBERALS!
- WDTPRS – Gaudete Sunday: “good news” of the chaff’s destiny in “unquenchable fire”
- Fast growth in Paganism, Wicca (the joke that is no joke)
- VIDEO: The new church of Gower Abbey (and the Extraordinary Ordinary)
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 13: The Dirty Bucket
- Priests and bishops who are probably going to Hell
- End of year 2018 charitable giving and YOU. A suggestion.
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 12: Patience
- Holy Face of Manoppello, Sankt Gallen, “designer babies”
- Card. Müller’s interview about Church and theology in Germany
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 11: Hark! a gladsome voice is thrilling
- TERRIFIC! School Choir accomplished, back to back, Solemn Roman and Eastern liturgy!
- NYC Day 1: Of Borscht and Buttons
- “If only women were in leadership positions…”
- Anglicans to mock baptism with transgender ceremony
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 10: If a liturgy looks silly, you can close your eyes. But if it sounds silly…
- A priest’s thought after going ‘ad orientem’
- Priests and Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- My View For Awhile: ”Festina Lente” Edition
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 09: Proper Marian Devotion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Prophecy of Malachy
I’m reading the Italian edition of Pope Benedict’s book-long interview with German journalist Peter Seewald. I’m jumping around a bit and I ran across an interesting section. Here is my on the fly translation from the Italian (not from the … Continue reading