Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- LeeGilbert: This was well worth a listen this Sunday afternoon. Thank you!
- yatzer: I am afraid Heaven may have given us up to our own devices.
- RichR: Murder of the Innocents cries out to Heaven for vengeance.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): They probably haven’t got sense enough to be afraid.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Trinity Sunday 2018 – and ASK FATHER: “Trinitini” martini
- Ireland votes pro-abortion for Trinity Sunday, the heavens respond
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: public square
At Catholic Vote I saw an entry about how the bishops of California are praying for rain. It’s pretty dry out out there on the Left Coast.
SACRAMENTO Catholic bishops called for divine intervention Tuesday as California endures what appears to … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
If we don’t know who we are as Catholics, and if we don’t keep firmly in mind our common Christian vocation to holiness, we will not be able to fulfill our particular vocations and we … Continue reading
From the website of the USCCB:
April 12, 2012
Urge strong lay involvement
Outline threats to First Freedom at all levels of government and abroad
Call upon dioceses to pursue religious liberty fortnight, June 21-July 4 [Mark your calendars. Get things going.]
WASHINGTON—The U.S. bishops … Continue reading
Santorum’s Catholicism, candidacy, and Archbp. Chaput’s address “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”
It is timely to haul this old PODCAzT out of cold storage. In light of presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s comments about Pres. Kennedy and Catholicism and the public square, let’s review Archbp. Chaput’s outstanding address in Houston in 2010.
This could … Continue reading
Yesterday the Holy Father spoke to bishops from Brazil gathered in Rome for their ad limina visit.
Some of his comments pertain to the upcoming US midterm election next week and the role of the Church in shaping the consciences of … Continue reading
I had posted about the Mass of Reparation in the Cathedral of Orlando to be celebrated by Bp. Wenski on 3 May. This Mass was brought about by alumni of Notre Dame because of the recent scandal there.
A priest reader … Continue reading