You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Dan said This is being taken way out of proportion. The Pre...
- Clinton R. said I think this is another example of the resistance...
- catholiccomelately said Gee whiz, President Obama, hold your own umbrella...
- Will D. said Oh, for heaven’s sakes. Once again, this is...
- pjsandstrom said To Robertus Pittsburghensis I well know about the...
- Papabile said 1) I find it hard to believe it would have been an...
- Giuseppe said Agree with mandatory Latin in Catholic schools. I...
- ReginaMarie said Along these same lines (illustratione, illustratio...
- acardnal said 1) No service member is obliged to follow an illeg...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father, Though an insufficinet Latinist to have...
- MichelleJehanne said My home parish has an OF Latin Mass every Friday....
- Papabile said There were plenty of times when I was in the Army...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Tossing out some odds and ends, subject to correct...
- Panterina said It could be a matter of interpretation of the Regu...
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
- LarryW2LJ said And in the end, the President should remember that...
- Phillip said The President is Commander in Chief of the armed f...
- joecct77 said Sounds like the LCWR has developed some bad habits...
- happyCatholic said I agree with FrDulli and Tim Ferguson. There is a...
- Luvadoxi said I’m not sure this is a problem–the reg...
- Absit invidia said Speaking of Obama, Benghazi, and Emperor Nero . ....
- Jean Marie said While the Swiss Guardman’s would consider it...
- Absit invidia said Andrew and jmv, This is just another example of ho...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: reconciliation
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here’s a Year of Faith approach… here’s a New Evangelization project.
This, instead of all the blather, is how it is done.
From a reader I have known for many years:
Your recent post brought to mind an … Continue reading
I heard a song today by one Matthew West that got me thinking about the need to revive the practice of regular sacramental confession.
Breathe in deep
Feel your heart still breathing
Let’s go see the reason you’re alive
Oh, you are … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am trying to figure out what was the rationale to change the rite of confession to allow for face-to-face confessions. I have read the documents of Vatican II, but did not see anything there specifically addressing this, … Continue reading
There is a new and very bright comet out there. Which of course means that it is the end of the world as we know it… maybe. Maybe not. In any event, it should be bright! And we might need … Continue reading
From a reader:
I went to confession at a neighboring parish that had recently received a 70-something priest who I know to be a bit free-wheeling as far as anything liturgical or doctrinal. This made me nervous going, but I needed … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr Z,
I’ve been reading back some of your old entries on penance and the efficacy of sacramental absolution, and they have helped clarify many things, so thank you for that! I do, however, have a few more … Continue reading
I love the fact that we have a human dimension to Holy Church. We are a Church of flawed sinners, of weak people susceptible to the attacks and problems of the world the flesh and the devil. Our Lord gave … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can any priest hear a Confession on an airplane or ship? I know jurisdiction is automatic in emergencies, but what if a passenger was not in immediate danger and simply wanted to confess?
In general, yes. In the Latin … Continue reading
From a reader:
This past Saturday, I experienced several of the issues you have written about regarding going to confession. Seeing it was getting late in the afternoon, I attempted to go to confession at the parish nearest where I was … Continue reading
From a reader:
I make frequent use of the Sacrament of Penance and have a regular confessor. It’s always “anonymous,” but not anonymous. It’s awkward. The priest knows it’s me, but when he’s giving counsel he gets caught up on trying come up with … Continue reading