You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Br. Gabriel, OP said Yes. Please don’t confuse all Dominican with...
- Jeannie_C said Perhaps Patricius was not referring to the Orthodo...
- Magash said I surely agree that the Church would benefit great...
- sirlouis said From the incomplete reports I have read, timothypu...
- jonh303 said This really is unfortunate how the media is report...
- Fr AJ said Patricius, you may be surprised to learn that the...
- akp1 said I have read that you must ask permission to receiv...
- Cantor said Given that it is permitted by Rome for you to rece...
- robtbrown said Two points: 1. IMHO, no one can be saved withou...
- Choirmaster said Wow! I was mistaken. I thought that the Greek Cath...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get Religion has a good story on young French Cath...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, Thank you for adding a ‘fervorino...
- onosurf said Communion from Greek Orthodox schismatics, ok. Com...
- AJS said Patricius, As an Eastern Catholic I find that incr...
- ronconte said Can atheists, who know about the Catholic Christia...
- timothyputnam said Fr. Z, I agree that I would prefer to either have...
- PatriciusOenus said What about the prohibition on praying with heretic...
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
- maryh said @Father Martin Fox I like your analogy very much,...
- pmullane said Mamajen!! A million congratulations!!! God bless y...
- joecct77 said Reminds me of the beginning of “It’s A...
- joecct77 said Right now, I have no idea. After I am dead, and a...
- Katylamb said Yeah, that sentence about the popes beliefs and tr...
- Katylamb said onosurf: your good atheist friend seems a tad inco...
- Raylan Alleman said Sho-nuff! I was praying that in the Office this m...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Dr. Edward Peters says: the question is, How much...
- veritasmeister said Fr. Welzbacher is indeeed a very good priest, thou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “We are told that it is doesn’t form part of...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Redemptionis Sacramentum
Do you recall that “Do As I Say, Not As I Do!” post? Refresh your memory here.
Precious or not, beautiful or not, Pope Benedict did not use glass vessels at the Mass as Mestre/Venice.
Technorati Tags: glass, Murano, Redemptionis Sacramentum, Venice
I found this through our friends at Rorate. I am left scratching my head.
The Holy Father is to make this coming weekend a Pastoral Visit to Venice. For the occasion, the glassmakers of Murano have prepared (original source in Italian … Continue reading
From a reader:
I was introduced to Canon 838 and surrounding. My understanding is that the bishop is free to do whatever he wants liturgically provided that the Apostolic See has not decreed to the contrary. Of course, he is meant … Continue reading
From the Minneapolis STrib comes this.
The featured cleric, Fr. Michael Tegeder, pastor of St. Edward’s in Bloomington, MN, has been a source of dissent in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis for years. We have seen him here (Tegeder … Continue reading
A reader asked:
Can/Should the stole be worn outside the chasuble by the celebrant
This was obviously asked because some priest out there is wearing his stole over the chasuble. And I’ll bet all the money in my pocket it is … Continue reading
From a reader:
I live next to a mission parish where I observed this past summer the
use of glass vessels. I brought this to the attention of the pastor, a
faithful, though unformed man, referencing GIRM & Sacramentum
Caritatis. He got around to … Continue reading
Here is PODCAzT 100. I wasn’t feeling very creative today, so I set out with the intention of simply reading to you about St. Justin Martyr (+165). A selection of his 1st Apology is in the Liturgy of the Hours … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a question about the Redemptionis Sacramentum requirement that the extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion do not "approach the altar" until after the priest’s Communion… What is meant by "approach the altar"? Does it mean they should not … Continue reading