Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said jflare says: On a note slightly off the beaten pa...
- Supertradmum said Well our summer in Up State NY has been like Fall...
- Papabile said If a change was made away from it being a juridica...
- Supertradmum said Fr Z., this is not merely a rant, but an excellent...
- KM Edwards said And this is the rub. I will admit to being stupefi...
- tm30 said I don’t want to be too facile about this, bu...
- anilwang said Fr Z wrote, “We are seeing in our own day so...
- Unwilling said Yes. Shatter all clear images (especially those th...
- dans0622 said I think Dr. Peters is correct about the two camps...
- KM Edwards said Fr Z, I really appreciate your interest in astrono...
- Curley said In my experience, young people are putting off and...
- Thorfinn said “It may be that couples in their marriage pr...
- LarryW2LJ said The only good hting about the longer nights is tha...
- Titus said No, the objections of the first group to the numbe...
- wolfeken said Dr. Peters wrote, arguing for a status quo on mass...
- Nicholas said Father Z, writing from Jupiter, informs us of our...
- jjjorge1 said This is going to be just like Humanae Vitae? The...
- Fr. Andrew said The impression left, in the battle on the level of...
- robtbrown said A few comments: 1. My opinion hasn’t chan...
- Mike said Who, indeed, will give a damn? In the (probably un...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said This is just one layman’s opinion here…...
- john_6_fan said Would the people clamoring for the ability to walk...
- bbmoe said We are really struggling at my church. Just when...
- ChrisRawlings said I’ve always suspected that some “progressives” vie...
- Nicholas said This is what happens when talking about the realit...
- McCall1981 said I, for one, am just glad that the conversation see...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Today, too, one shifts from preferring chilled she...
- gracie said jflare, You can see Robert Newton as a young man i...
- torch621 said For us folks in the south it’ll be tomorrow,...
- AnAmericanMother said Dear Chicken, Never say never . . . Jewish Pirat...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: relics
The cause for beatification of Ven. Archbp. Fulton Sheen has been put on hold. Apparently, two dioceses have to settle their differences over the final disposition of the Venerable’s body.
The person or entity making the request that a cause be … Continue reading
Our word “translation” means, in essence, to “transfer”. It comes from Latin transfero, which has as one of its forms the participle translatum (trans-fero, tuli, latum). When you transfer something you move it from one place to another.
In churchy language … Continue reading
According to the traditional Roman calendar, today is the feast of St. Dominic. Happy feast to all Dominicans and Dominics.
As I work systematically through my list of intentions for Holy Masses, today brought up His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke!
I am … Continue reading
For both your Just Too Cool file and your Brick by Brick file, this comes from the full, online digital edition of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald.
For Catholic Herald Digital:
£40 for an annual subscription. (I am working … Continue reading
With the older, traditional Roman calendar we can today celebrate the Finding or “Inventio” of the Relics of St. Stephen, Protomartyr and deacon.
There are very few saints who receive two feast on the calendar of the Roman Church. Among them … Continue reading
Several readers have sent similar questions about the selling of sacred things. I will simply answer rather than post excerpts of the questions.
Let’s start with the most sacred of all, the Eucharist. Selling the Eucharist would be a terrible sacrilege. … Continue reading
I believe that you can still get a discounted subscription to the online, digital full version of the Catholic Herald for a mere “tenner”, £10. Right now about $16.27.
And speaking of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the lovely and persistent … Continue reading
The other day Rome Reports posted a video of a screen set up around the altar of Bl. Innocent XI in the Vatican Basilica. It was immediately assumed that that is where the body of Bl. John Paul II would … Continue reading