BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Fr Martin Fox said The title I gave my homily was, “Lazaruses a...
- slainewe said My compliments to the grill chef. Cows must pray f...
- PhilipNeri said I should add. . .my bad experiences in the studium...
- PhilipNeri said We had several excellent friars teaching in my stu...
- Jenson71 said I don’t mind being out-numbered, so no worri...
- Henry Edwards said Fr. Neri: “I spent three years in my studium...
- JabbaPapa said How could those bishops suspend SSPX priests when...
- S.Armaticus said You Lucky Dawg! SD is my first stop when I get bac...
- Mr.Cynical said I’ll be writing in the American Solidarity P...
- TUESDAY EDITION | Big Pulpit said […] If I Were a Bishop, I Would Send Round F...
- comedyeye said If what we have, in the end, is the text of AL, wh...
- LouLou said IMHO we need to pray and fast for DT.
- robtbrown said I wrote to a German friend who knows the SSPX well...
- Former Altar Boy said Will the Bishop’s seminarians learn BOTH for...
- robtbrown said JabbaPappa says, The Fraternity still does not ben...
- robtbrown said Jenson71, You’re probably right about not im...
- pfreddys said I will not watch the debates as Trump is clearly t...
- JARay said Thanks James in Perth. That is where I am also. I...
- philosophicallyfrank said I won’t be watching the debate in any form;...
- MWindsor said Constitution Party
- Sonshine135 said My son is happier than I have ever seen him since...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said Sorry, but the best dawgs in the entire universe a...
- ChgoCatholic said P.S. Amen to the hat!!
- ChgoCatholic said Superdawg! Cubs! Now I’m homesick. My nearly...
- Suudy said Well, given I live and vote in Washington, I don...
- GrumpyYoungMan said There are very few things I miss about living in C...
- jbpolhamus said Bishop Olmstead is a GREAT bishop, and he is corre...
- adriennep said I Vote Father Z for the next Diners, Drive-Ins, an...
- Charles E Flynn said From Roadside Architecture: Illinois Drive-Ins...
- Kathleen10 said Too many votes for candidates who cannot possibly...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- FOLLOW UP POLL: 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton
- CHICAGO: 26 September – Essential Debate Day FOOD Edition!
- “If I were a bishop, I would send round formidable, even terrifying, hit squads of young clergy…”
- URGENT POLL – 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton Debate
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Will all be saved?
- We are at a “precarious moment in our history” when churches must speak truth to power
- Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- “O God, you are so big!” Maronite English liturgical translations: Devastation!
- Padre Pio music on his feast day: Musical Setting of his “Prayer” (VIDEO)
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Bowels of Mercy
- SSPX Bp. Fellay talks about relations with the Holy See
- September Ember!
- MEXICO: Another priest kidnapped after two were murdered
- Acton on giving the powerful a pass because they are famous
- The Autumnal Tipping Point
- Trump campaign forms Catholic advisory group
- Jesuit Fr James Martin honored by homosexual advocates condemned by Holy See and USCCB
- FOLLOW UP: Fr. Z asks help from priests: Can you take a Gregorian Mass set, stipend?
- ASK FATHER: Confession line very slow and Father looks out at people waiting
- UPDATE Road Warrior Tips: Cheaper data abroad (KeepGo) and soft landings
- ASK FATHER: How to “steel ourselves” and not come down off from our crosses?
- ASK FATHER: Why are we responsible for the sin of Adam and Eve when weren’t there?
- ASK FATHER: Why MUST one be in communion with Rome?
- Recent Islamic terror attacks in NYC and Minnesota
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- This saint, after 1969, never said Mass using the Novus Ordo
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: Religion of Peace
This is interesting. Remember, this is coming your way wherever you are. From Sky News: Paris Terror Plot Suspect Was Engaged To Priest Killer A woman accused of plotting a Paris rail station bombing was legedly linked to a man … Continue reading
It’s coming to a neighborhood near you. Via Express: Vicars told ‘don’t wear dog collars in public’ over fears jihadists are planning attacks Worries knife-wielding ISIS jihadists will target churches were raised by experts and revealed by churchmen. New counter-terrorism … Continue reading
In case you haven’t seen it yet at the Daily Mail: Terror in Indonesia: Axe-wielding ISIS jihadi, 18, stabs Catholic priest, 60, before trying to blow up hundreds of worshippers during Sunday Mass JIhadi, 18, tried to set off homemade … Continue reading
UPDATE: As a follow up, John Zmirak at Stream weighs in on Swetland’s position that you, dear readers, as Catholics must accept that Islam really is “Religion of Peace” because, he says, Vatican II and other documents, says so. If you don’t … Continue reading
This makes me angry. From Independent Sentinel: Historic Church Turned Into a Mosque with Taxpayer Funding Muslims are converting a former Roman Catholic church into mosque. The plan, approved by US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Syracuse Landmark Preservation Board, is … Continue reading
Just days after a 17-year-old Afghan refugee who aligned himself with Islamic State wounded four people with an axe and knives on a train near Würzberg, as I assemble this post I’m watching an active shooter situation at a shopping mall … Continue reading
As we approach Independence Day, I am reading … Defeating Jihad: The Winnable War by Sebastian Gorka. (UK HERE) Many thanks to the reader who sent me the Kindle version from my wishlist. Get a Kindle! US HERE – UK … Continue reading
An idea came up in one of my conversations today about the terrorist attack in Orlando by an Islamic terrorist who had declared his allegiance to ISIS. Perhaps we need to raise people’s awareness of the nature of these attacks by the … Continue reading
News from the Religion of Peace comes to us via AhlulBayt News Agency: ISIS burns 19 Yezidi girls to death in Mosul AhlulBayt News Agency – Extremist terrorists of the ISIS on Thursday executed 19 Yezidi girls by burning them … Continue reading
The practitioners of the Religion of Peace have been at it again. From FNC: Gunmen execute 16 people, including 4 nuns, in Yemen retirement home A team of gunmen unleashed a massacre at a retirement home run by Catholic nuns … Continue reading
Today, 22 October, is the feast of the glorious martyrs Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Nunilo and Alodia were 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father and Christian mother. They chose their mother’s Christianity. … Continue reading
On this anniversary of 9/11 I call to mind a post about the “Islamic Cultural Center” to be build near the site of the World Trade Center, but which was really a rabat, The first rabat appeared at the time … Continue reading
ISIS has a new thing they are doing. They put men in a cage and lower them into water a few times until they drown. Of course they have underwater cameras. They also put them in a car and … Continue reading
From The Christian Post I learned another horrible thing about terrorists of the Religion of Peace. As the death toll from the Garissa University College massacre climbed to 148 Friday, eyewitness accounts from survivors revealed a harrowing picture of how students … Continue reading
This is what the barbarians are doing in Mosul. Ladies and Gentleman, the ISIS iteration of the Religion of Peace. More HERE Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us. St. Lawrence of Brindisi, pray for us.