Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jfk03 said The Latin liturgy is quite sparing in its use of i...
- MouseTemplar said “…or getting oneself ready for the Cru...
- Supertradmum said IMHO, it takes a “real man” to wear th...
- sunnyside said The next bishop of Chicago will be a jesuit. You h...
- excalibur said Gin Martini Oh Father Z! A Martini is made with gi...
- JudicaMe said Those that cough the most in the presence of the H...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Luvadoxi said, ” I also remember hearing abo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this! I am always worrying it may be...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Happy Name Day! And thank you for the St. Augustin...
- A.D. said R.I.P. my dear (previous) cat. He could immedia...
- SaintJude6 said I recently received my grandmother’s daily m...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Josemaria, You’re welcome: my pleasure! Gail...
- New Sister said another bennie of the chapel veil: they hold very...
- Bressani56 said What next? THere’s even a Catholic Mass bas...
- Per Signum Crucis said Excellent; that gives me a good excuse to keep ...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said I’ve also heard Tobin’s name floated f...
- Pie and Palestrina said “Of course we might ask His Excellency where...
- LeeF said In our modern digital age, there is no excuse for...
- John of Chicago said As long as we’re all engaged in harmless spe...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said Yes, there are permanent deacons in Rome. Benedict...
- Bea said Feliz dia de tu Santo, Padre Z. Happy name day, Fr...
- Rachel K said A very Happy Name Day to you Fr Z. My Godson, also...
- Uxixu said The more the better! Unfortunately very rare at m...
- Bea said @LeeF I’m glad your posted that. I have some...
- capchoirgirl said We have two Masses with incense and two Masses wit...
- Luvadoxi said correction: God knows not God know….
- Luvadoxi said Very cool! Also what Legisperitus said about the...
- David Zampino said I love it! When people complain to me about incens...
- Uxixu said Speaking of Red Hats, I will be interested to see...
- Uxixu said I was fascinated to note the differences in a 1950...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Religion of Peace
By now you all know about the horrific attacks in Kenya by Islamic terrorists against non-Muslims.
It saddens me, and alarms me, that several of the terrorists had US passports and that they were living in my native place.
Let us include … Continue reading
The Holy Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire were at war. Vienna had been under siege for months. On 11 September a coalition of Christian forces, a Holy League blessed by Bl. Pope Innocent XI, arrived with Jan III Sobieski, … Continue reading
In the New York Post I saw an article about a Christian woman who was sentenced to death for drinking water from a cup owned by a practitioner of the Religion of Peace.
Sentenced to death for a sip of water
As … Continue reading
More from the Religion of Peace in Egypt.
CAIRO (AP) — After torching a Franciscan school, Islamists paraded three nuns on the streets like “prisoners of war” before a Muslim woman offered them refuge. Two other women working at the … Continue reading
At The Blaze I saw a list of churches burned by the practitioners of the Religion of Peace.
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us.
Father Maximus Church
St George Church | Burned | Source
Good Shepherds Monastery | Nuns attacked
Angel Michael Church | Surrounded
St George Coptic Orthodox Church | Photo, Photo, Photo, YouTube
Al-Eslah … Continue reading
ITALY: Young Muslims, after stealing from rectory, break into church, defecate and urinate by altar.
In Mantua, Italy, there was another event to inspire more dialogue.
From the Gazzetta di Mantova:
SERRAVALLE: First the broke in to the rectory at Libiola and stole money of the fund for the children of Grest; then, not satisfied, they went … Continue reading
While parts of Paris are enjoying long summer nights of car burning and rioting (HERE), Islamists are kidnapping Christian girls for resale purposes. A story from Persecution.org
Christian Girls Being Snatched By Islamist Traffickers
The recent political developments in Egypt have … Continue reading
From the Christian Telegraph:
Saudi Arabia declares destruction of all churches in region
Earlier this month news reports surfaced out of Saudi Arabia that raised the red flag for Christians, reports MNN.
Todd Nettleton, a spokesman for the Voice of the Martyrs USA, … Continue reading
From Public Radio of Armenia:
Rebels demand $250,000 for the kidnapped Armenian Catholic Priest
A world wide appeal has been initiated by the Bishop Marayati, Armenian Catholic, of Aleppo for the release of Fr Michael Kayyal who was kidnapped on 9th February … Continue reading
Fox News confirms US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three of his staff were killed last night in an attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, as anti-Islam film sparks attacks against US compounds in Libya and Egypt by armed … Continue reading