Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Uxixu said Misere nobis. So very horrible. All of Old Euro...
- Uxixu said I do believe Eucharistic Ministers is the euphemis...
- Anita Moore OPL said Gregg the Obscure says: I’d agree that Abp. Chaput...
- Thorfinn said The point is that the bishops are successors of th...
- excalibur said Why blame only the ‘left’? Look how an...
- Charles E Flynn said When I was in junior high school in the early 1960...
- majuscule said “Doing so will teach you about who you are.&...
- Charles E Flynn said I have been reading about this issue for several y...
- benedetta said You are right Fr. Z. I should not have been feedi...
- benedetta said Amen!
- dafrenchman said At our church they do not call the position “...
- priests wife said but Father, but Father!….I wish the Liturgy...
- RJHighland said But folks there is no way this can be true, the re...
- tioedong said CDC REPORT shows that five percent of American hig...
- kpoterack said An interesting recent interview with Card. Canizar...
- Bosco said Dear Father Z, You mentioned in an earlier comment...
- Genna said The 1400 number is said to be a conservative estim...
- Bea said I’m sure he’s not teasing, Ed the Roma...
- kimberley jean said It would be nice if Archbishop Gregory simply reti...
- kimberley jean said The sad thing is that the police are right. If the...
- Elizabeth M said Interesting. When I first heard the story on BBC...
- jacobi said These stories, by the way, should anyone on the ot...
- Mike said “Burke Derangement Syndrome” would see...
- Matt R said robtbrown, that’s an exception… so I d...
- Mike said benedetta says: Johannes de Silentio, If what you...
- donadrian said Why is this particularly the fault of ‘the L
- vetusta ecclesia said Fr. John Hunwicke had some posts earlier in the ye...
- Cantor said The official report, Independent Inquiry into Chil...
- Joseph-Mary said I highly regard Cardinal Burke, a VERY holy man. B...
- robtbrown said Mdtt R After the death of Cardinal Bernardin ther...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: religion
From The Catholic League:
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
The Catholic left is so deep in the tank for Obama that they are working publicly to undermine the bishops. First a little background. [cf Magisterium of Nuns]
On March 2, … Continue reading
I like this approach.
The pro-abortion, pro-infantide, anti-Catholic, anti-1st Amendment Pres. Obama – about whose scantily documented past we really don’t know very much – will be in Houston… fund-raising on the pretext of doing something “presidential”.
The Archdiocese, on the other hand, is … Continue reading
Back in 1969 theologian Joseph Ratzinger made some comments about our Catholic future. They were included in his Faith and the Future published by Ignatius Press in 2009.
The church will become small and will have to start afresh more or … Continue reading
Ask everybody and they’ll all agree it’s a good thing priests don’t run the world.
I agree with this view.
I also believe it’s even better that members of religious orders don’t run the world, whether they are Sisters of Mercy or, lemme … Continue reading
Here is the Collect of the 2nd Sunday of Lent, a new composition for the Novus Ordo based on a precedent in the Liber Mozarabicus Sacramentorum.:
Deus, qui nobis dilectum Filium tuum audire praecepisti,
verbo tuo interius nos pascere digneris,
ut, spiritali purificato … Continue reading
Via the great Vincenzo:
Remember his promises at Notre Dame? The hopes of Card. Cottier? The excuses of Doug Kmiec? The panting of L’Osservatore Romano?
Don’t forget that Vincenzo has the Pius Clocks!
Jesuit-controlled America Magazine recently caved in to the Obama Administration in the matter of Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and on the Catholic Church. In their role as a pipe for the Magisterium of Nuns, the magazine undercut … Continue reading
If Pres. Obama has his way, this will coming to a neighborhood near you.
From the Beeb:
China to overhaul ‘threatening’ one-child slogans
By Viv Marsh
China is to overhaul the sometimes threatening slogans used to enforce its one-child policy, the authorities have … Continue reading