Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lepidus said Fr. Jim – Hope you caught my correction abou...
- Patti Day said Six volunteers, male and female, mishmash of Latin...
- Lin said The Mass was very beautiful tonight. Three priest...
- friarpark said I meant “gets”. He speaks the truth,...
- friarpark said I’m echoing what lana said earlier: “...
- Southern Baron said There were male and female teens from the youth gr...
- visigrad said We have an orthodox pastor…Mass is always re...
- Deacon Don said Yes, men and women, called up from the congregatio...
- donboyle said There was an initial group of 12 (male and female,...
- liturmatt said My priest did the washing of the feet (with men an...
- Andrew Saucci said Partly out of curiosity, and partly out of hope th...
- Charivari Rob said Men and women, I think (I was sitting fairly far b...
- frjim4321 said Unfortunately…. Reading read in “continuous format...
- Lepidus said Oops – that last statement probably wasnR...
- frjim4321 said For the foot washing we had some adult males, adul...
- Lepidus said Unfortunately…. Reading read in “cont...
- lana said NO: All men! And Eucharistic Prayer 1 to boot. I...
- kpoterack said Mater Eccleisaie Mission in Berlin, NJ. Trid. Mas...
- Marie Teresa said The priest invited the entire congregation forward...
- eyeclinic said Men,women, and children…after all, “Ho...
- HighMass said Robbie: I often wonder how things might look had h...
- Vecchio di Londra said The story of the boy David conquering the giant Go...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said If women are viri, bears are viri. It’s okay...
- OrthodoxChick said Local N.O. parish. A couple of young adults, but...
- kal said I attended the Cathedral of Mary of the Assumption...
- ocleirbj said All were men, older-middle aged and older.
- thefeds said I checked the USCCB website and they had a short d...
- Andrew said Therefore if the saying is hard, and not yet under...
- pbewig said At the Old Cathedral in St Louis, our auxiliary bi...
- Dustin and Jamie P. said I went to Our Lady of Guadalupe Friary in Griswold...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: religion
From The Catholic League:
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments as follows:
The Catholic left is so deep in the tank for Obama that they are working publicly to undermine the bishops. First a little background. [cf Magisterium of Nuns]
On March 2, … Continue reading
I like this approach.
The pro-abortion, pro-infantide, anti-Catholic, anti-1st Amendment Pres. Obama – about whose scantily documented past we really don’t know very much – will be in Houston… fund-raising on the pretext of doing something “presidential”.
The Archdiocese, on the other hand, is … Continue reading
Back in 1969 theologian Joseph Ratzinger made some comments about our Catholic future. They were included in his Faith and the Future published by Ignatius Press in 2009.
The church will become small and will have to start afresh more or … Continue reading
Ask everybody and they’ll all agree it’s a good thing priests don’t run the world.
I agree with this view.
I also believe it’s even better that members of religious orders don’t run the world, whether they are Sisters of Mercy or, lemme … Continue reading
Here is the Collect of the 2nd Sunday of Lent, a new composition for the Novus Ordo based on a precedent in the Liber Mozarabicus Sacramentorum.:
Deus, qui nobis dilectum Filium tuum audire praecepisti,
verbo tuo interius nos pascere digneris,
ut, spiritali purificato … Continue reading
Via the great Vincenzo:
Remember his promises at Notre Dame? The hopes of Card. Cottier? The excuses of Doug Kmiec? The panting of L’Osservatore Romano?
Don’t forget that Vincenzo has the Pius Clocks!
Technorati Tags: 1st Amendment, anti-catholicism, HHS, POTUS, Pres. Obama, religion
Jesuit-controlled America Magazine recently caved in to the Obama Administration in the matter of Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment and on the Catholic Church. In their role as a pipe for the Magisterium of Nuns, the magazine undercut … Continue reading
If Pres. Obama has his way, this will coming to a neighborhood near you.
From the Beeb:
China to overhaul ‘threatening’ one-child slogans
By Viv Marsh
China is to overhaul the sometimes threatening slogans used to enforce its one-child policy, the authorities have … Continue reading
A good sermon on 5 February 2012 by Fr. Sammie Maletta at St. John the Evangelist Parish in St. John, Indiana.
You will not regret the 11 minutes you spend.
Good job, Father.
Technorati Tags: health care, HHS, Obamacare, Pres. Obama, religion, … Continue reading