Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- PhilipNeri said I’m a seminary professor and formator. . .Th...
- Gaz said They are not forbidden from making the sign of the...
- Gaz said Ashes (as a sacramental) are an excellent preparat...
- Gaz said Realise that my earlier rant doesn’t do just...
- Peter in Canberra said re William Tighe’s comment – sadly you...
- Gaz said Insistence on common posture, I think, is a bit mo...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, extremely helpful!
- Martin_B said Totally different in Germany. Finding one’s...
- Stephen Matthew said Hypothetically, it would seem that a bishop could...
- arickett said Send them to the uk as 20,000 a year would cover...
- arickett said Send them to the uk as 20,000 a year would cover...
- Pope Francis Offers Tips for Confession - BigPulpit.com said […] Diocese of Madison: Bishop Morlino [...
- NonAngelusSedAnglus said Deo gratias. Let’s pray for this bishop tho...
- jameeka said Surely a major factor is that this diocese promote...
- Andrew Saucci said It is worth reminding everyone, especially the you...
- gramma10 said Thank you Father. So beautiful. I appreciated the...
- TKS said And then there are those of us who are ‘snow...
- gramma10 said I have been in the diocese of Arlington since 1967...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Alas and alack, registering in a parish has...
- gramma10 said http://www.arlingtondiocese.org/vocations/sems/voc...
- WideMeadow said At least some things he doesn’t have to dire...
- acardnal said I have registered at two parishes within my dioces...
- Elizabeth D said I suggest talking to a local priest or wise Cathol...
- Supertradmum said Elizabeth D, what you say is true ONLY is the coup...
- Supertradmum said mburn16, everyone seems to be ignoring your amazin...
- Elizabeth D said You misunderstand, Catholic teaching is that you h...
- andia said Elizabeth_D. Under no circumstances would I ever a...
- Giuseppe said Is Bishop Morlino a Jesuit? His biography mention...
- GregH said Not more than $20k max per year especially if you...
- Elizabeth D said What happened 7-9 years ago is that Monsignor Bart...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: religious freedom
NRO has this piece, which is spot on:
Thought Police on Patrol
No longer trying to win the debate, the Left is trying to stop debate altogether.
By Charles Krauthammer
Two months ago, a petition bearing more than 110,000 signatures was delivered to the Washington … Continue reading
Fr. Z kudos to Brooklyn’s bishop Most Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio. It is dated, but it is good, and still relevant.
With a biretta tip Pewsitter and to Veneremur Cernui I saw this at CNSNews:
Catholic Bishop: Obama Is ‘Proponent’ of What is … Continue reading
I saw at the blog of Syte Reitz in an entry labelled “The Deceiver” that – I am not making this up – Pres. Obama had declared Thursday 16 January to be “Religious Freedom Day”.
Religious Freedom Day?
It takes some real cynicism, … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerry Murray of the Archdiocese of New York was recently on FNC. He spoke about Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate. He did a great job explaining some key points and had a few good one liners.
You might review … Continue reading
The Obama Administration continues its jihad against the 1st Amendment, religious freedom, especially Catholic religious freedom.
Administration to high court: Don’t exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate
The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt Catholic groups from … Continue reading
Hmmm…. Maybe I should name Justice Sonia Sotomayor Fr. Z’s Person of the Year.
Justice [Sotomayor] delays health law’s birth control mandate
Justice delays health law’s birth control mandate
By: Associated Press
December 31, 2013 10:34 PM EST
WASHINGTON — Only hours before the … Continue reading
Congressman Chris Smith: The Big Three Obamacare Abortion Lies of the Year
WASHINGTON, Dec. 30, 2013 — Even as President Obama’s now infamous claim, “[i]f you like your plan you can keep it,” is being recognized as the “Lie of … Continue reading
Good news to be read at Newsmax:
NY Archdiocese: Ruling Against Contraception Mandate Gives All ‘Religious Freedom’
The Archdiocese of New York applauded a judge’s decision Monday that so-called non-exempt religious groups are not bound by the Affordable Care Act’s requirement to provide, … Continue reading
One can understand that a person might be slightly deranged because of sorrow and grief, but this is an evil act.
This is the sort of thing that will occur more and more often.
Michigan woman sues U.S. Catholic bishops over miscarriage … Continue reading