Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Priam1184 said If there is any change in Mass attendance it is in...
- JesusFreak84 said My area is unchanged since the Pontificate of JPII...
- BenFischer said I’m in Dallas. I have noticed much differen...
- sunnyside said I have seen a definitive increase in mass attendan...
- StJude said Masses here are packed. But I live in a conservati...
- Jim Dorchak said Pope Who? I mean really, I am not sure that anythi...
- Uxixu said I think it’s important to remember that Moth...
- paladin said These results are sad, but they don’t really...
- kpoterack said What I have noticed is that the MSM seems to be a...
- HighMass said Dear acardnal, How right you are! Don’t you...
- acardnal said And low Mass attendance continues. I wonder why?...
- LeeF said On a scale of doctrinal orthodoxy, the conservativ...
- Priam1184 said Thank you Father for this post. I have been to Ro...
- Marie Teresa said Attendance numbers at Mass are roughly the same. T...
- Kathleen10 said Mass attendance is definitely down in our area ove...
- Chon said I think it would be good if we refrain here from s...
- truthfinder said Easter Friday is a solemnity (FSSP priest said eve...
- wolfeken said slainewe — you raise a good point, and that...
- Widukind said Thank you again for the interesting article. Whate...
- TWF said “Many people are unable…” As Fat...
- msc said In my weakness I voted for one hour–we go to...
- JonathanCatholic said “Fasting from midnight before is very tradit...
- JBS said The rules on everything from fasting and abstinenc...
- APX said Reclaiming the Sacred, Times have changed. Now we...
- sirlouis said My response depends on what principle underlies th...
- jhayes said Are the Cardinals writing new material specificall...
- wmeyer said I meant to mention, too, that at 65, I do still fa...
- wmeyer said I voted for midnight before, which is my habit, bu...
- akp1 said I voted one hour (I would go for two hours if it w...
- APX said Maybe those who know they will take awhile could b...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: religious freedom
I saw at the blog of Syte Reitz in an entry labelled “The Deceiver” that – I am not making this up – Pres. Obama had declared Thursday 16 January to be “Religious Freedom Day”.
Religious Freedom Day?
It takes some real cynicism, … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerry Murray of the Archdiocese of New York was recently on FNC. He spoke about Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate. He did a great job explaining some key points and had a few good one liners.
You might review … Continue reading
The Obama Administration continues its jihad against the 1st Amendment, religious freedom, especially Catholic religious freedom.
Administration to high court: Don’t exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate
The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt Catholic groups from … Continue reading
Hmmm…. Maybe I should name Justice Sonia Sotomayor Fr. Z’s Person of the Year.
Justice [Sotomayor] delays health law’s birth control mandate
Justice delays health law’s birth control mandate
By: Associated Press
December 31, 2013 10:34 PM EST
WASHINGTON — Only hours before the … Continue reading
Congressman Chris Smith: The Big Three Obamacare Abortion Lies of the Year
WASHINGTON, Dec. 30, 2013 — Even as President Obama’s now infamous claim, “[i]f you like your plan you can keep it,” is being recognized as the “Lie of … Continue reading
Good news to be read at Newsmax:
NY Archdiocese: Ruling Against Contraception Mandate Gives All ‘Religious Freedom’
The Archdiocese of New York applauded a judge’s decision Monday that so-called non-exempt religious groups are not bound by the Affordable Care Act’s requirement to provide, … Continue reading
One can understand that a person might be slightly deranged because of sorrow and grief, but this is an evil act.
This is the sort of thing that will occur more and more often.
Michigan woman sues U.S. Catholic bishops over miscarriage … Continue reading
There is an alarming piece at CharismaNews which confirms what we have known all along.
Remember… it’s not really “Obamacare”… though his name, and party, are inseparable from this millstone. It’s really the AFFORDABLE Care Act.
How is that “AFFORDABLE” part working … Continue reading
Now that we have the fluffiest and most wonderfullest Pope ehvurr, Pope Francis, and now that bishops are supposed to be “pastoral”, liberals will start more and more often to claim that bishops should start caving in on the HHS … Continue reading
From Citizen Link:
Military Chaplains Sue Over Harassment, Attack on Christian Faith
by Bethany Monk
Those who serve our country often greet reveilles before the sunrise. They don the uniform. They represent our country, and they continue to make sacrifice after sacrifice. With … Continue reading