- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Venerator Sti Lot said “De gustibus non disputandum” (with va...
- Philmont237 said My dad (a newly ordained permement deacon) gave hi...
- Subdeacon Joseph said I am a married priest who always wears the cassock...
- GCC Catholic said I am a recently ordained priest (6 months ago), an...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Shooting the messenger is not always the best idea...
- Charivari Rob said To the one or two who asked – particular req...
- mplangley said I agree with Netmilsmom. It would have been bette...
- zag4christ said We celebrated the Mass of the second Sunday in Adv...
- Sandra_in_Severn said “Work with what you have, not against it....
- Lavrans said May a permanent deacon wear a cassock? I am discer...
- Sandra_in_Severn said Sadly our pastor did a hagiography on the late Nel...
- disco said You know who else hates cassocks? Satan
- penitentman80 said Up late studying for law school exams, so I missed...
- Lori Pieper said With Fox, you have to expect a news piece (op-ed)...
- Nan said Of course they’re black with a white collar!...
- semperficatholic said Oh Nan, how funny. I started to say something conc...
- Ed the Roman said robtbrown says: Ed the Roman says: Jesus never sai...
- ktfaith said The priest at the Novus Ordo Mass we attended actu...
- Sonshine135 said I went to the Solemn High Mass in Extraordinary Fo...
- Mike said Everytime I see a priest in a cassock I am re-affi...
- kimberley jean said Keep wearing the cassock but don’t make the...
- rkingall said The deacon gave the sermon today, and normally, th...
- Andrew Saucci said The only problem with criticizing a permanent deac...
- Matthew the Wayfarer said I grew up a non-Catholic and became a Byzantine ri...
- robtbrown said Ed the Roman says: Jesus never said anything about...
- Geoffrey said Sounds good to me. I’d love to see such an a...
- truthfinder said My bad, it was actually in an Ontario FSSP parish...
- Nan said @FrSam, we like your type of sloth! @Cafea Fruor,...
- lsclerkin said Was at Adoration today at St. Francis DeSales Semi...
- Giuseppe said We had the 2nd Sunday of Advent Mass, but with a c...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: religious liberty
From the USCCB:
Pilgrimage to begin Rosary Novena for Life and Liberty
WASHINGTON—A Mass and Pilgrimage for Life and Liberty at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington is slated for Sunday, Oct. 14 at 12 noon … Continue reading
HHS revises mandate third time; foes say it misses the point
Washington D.C., Aug 28, 2012 / 03:58 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A slight revision of the federal contraception mandate offers some additional protection for certain religious employers but is not … Continue reading
Here is a transcript of the interview ETWN’s Raymond Arroyo did with presidential candidate Gov. Mitt Romney.
Transcript of Selected Excerpts from Exclusive Mitt Romney Interview with Raymond Arroyo to air on The World Over Live on EWTN, Thursday, August 23rd … Continue reading
Paul Ryan urges Catholics to act before religious freedoms erode
Presumptive Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan says Catholics must act now to protect their right to religious freedom from being diminished in American society.
“This is a time where people … Continue reading
From The Hill:
Federal court allows company to ignore birth-control mandate [When will these newsies get that this isn't a "contraception mandate".]
By Sam Baker
A federal court said Friday that a Colorado-based company does not have to comply with the Obama administration’s … Continue reading
“The Church…cannot and should not replace the State. Yet at the same time she cannot and must not remain on the sidelines in the fight for justice. She has to play her part through rational argument and she has to … Continue reading
I have heard, and I think this may be anecdotal, that Card. George quipped that his successor might wind up dying in jail.
The England and Wales and Scotland are farther along in the culture war that we are in the … Continue reading
Joseph Goebbels advised that when telling lies, tell a big one and tell it often. Another approach is to jam so many distortions into so brief a space that they are too hard to refute in as short a … Continue reading
Wheaton College is joining Catholic instititutions to fight the Obama Administrations attacks on our 1st Amendment rights.
Remember: Even though the newsies incessantly talk about contraception contraception contraception, the real objection about the HHS mandate is not the contraception angle. This … Continue reading
For POLL info, read to the bottom.
From Australian news.com.au
Priests could be ordered to report confessions of sex abuse to police
July 18, 2012 12:00AM
HUNDREDS of years of Catholic tradition in the confessional could be overturned by Victoria’s inquiry into … Continue reading