- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Charivari Rob said To the one or two who asked – particular req...
- mplangley said I agree with Netmilsmom. It would have been bette...
- zag4christ said We celebrated the Mass of the second Sunday in Adv...
- Sandra_in_Severn said “Work with what you have, not against it....
- Lavrans said May a permanent deacon wear a cassock? I am discer...
- Sandra_in_Severn said Sadly our pastor did a hagiography on the late Nel...
- disco said You know who else hates cassocks? Satan
- penitentman80 said Up late studying for law school exams, so I missed...
- Lori Pieper said With Fox, you have to expect a news piece (op-ed)...
- Nan said Of course they’re black with a white collar!...
- semperficatholic said Oh Nan, how funny. I started to say something conc...
- Ed the Roman said robtbrown says: Ed the Roman says: Jesus never sai...
- ktfaith said The priest at the Novus Ordo Mass we attended actu...
- Sonshine135 said I went to the Solemn High Mass in Extraordinary Fo...
- Mike said Everytime I see a priest in a cassock I am re-affi...
- kimberley jean said Keep wearing the cassock but don’t make the...
- rkingall said The deacon gave the sermon today, and normally, th...
- Andrew Saucci said The only problem with criticizing a permanent deac...
- Matthew the Wayfarer said I grew up a non-Catholic and became a Byzantine ri...
- robtbrown said Ed the Roman says: Jesus never said anything about...
- Geoffrey said Sounds good to me. I’d love to see such an a...
- truthfinder said My bad, it was actually in an Ontario FSSP parish...
- Nan said @FrSam, we like your type of sloth! @Cafea Fruor,...
- lsclerkin said Was at Adoration today at St. Francis DeSales Semi...
- Giuseppe said We had the 2nd Sunday of Advent Mass, but with a c...
- truthfinder said I really like the second/third confiteor. I have...
- SKAY said Thank you , Father.
- Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock. | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out...
- CGPearson said Father, out of curiosity, what does it mean when y...
- Imrahil said One of the more humorous and ironic aspects of thi...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: religious liberty
From the CNS comes this:
New proposal would remove mandate’s penalties for religious employers
WASHINGTON (CNS) — Saying that the U.S. Supreme Court’s June 28 decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act “leaves intact a grave assault to religious freedoms,” Rep. … Continue reading
A biretta tip to CMR I saw this on Weasel Zippers.
Pres. Obama simply lies to a reporter about the HHS mandate. He uses the dodge that “insurance companies”, not the Catholic institutions, will have to pay for the objectionable things. … Continue reading
On 4 July, Most Rev. Charles Chaput delivered the sermon for a Mass to close the Fortnight For Freedom.
Technorati Tags: 1st Amendment, anti-catholicism, Archbp. Chaput, Fortnight for Freedom, Pres. Obama, religious liberty
Have you seen the Virtual Vigil for Religious Liberty?
You can virtually attend a rally. BUT… BUT… you have to PRAY too, right?
Prayer for the Protection of Religious Liberty
O God our Creator, through the power and working of your Holy Spirit, you … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register there is a long interview with the new Vice President of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”, His Excellency Most Reverend, J. Augustine DiNoia, OP.
He said that, since he hasn’t actually begun his work at the … Continue reading
Bishops Renew Plea To Congress And Administration To Repair Affordable Care Act
[My emphases and comments.]
June 28, 2012
Supreme Court decision does not address fundamental flaws in the law
Legislation still needed to fix conscience, abortion funding, immigration problems
WASHINGTON—Today the United States Supreme … Continue reading
According to the traditional, Extraordinary Form Ordo for today in the USA we can celebrated Our Lady of Perpetual Help, which has a proper Mass in the Missae pro aliquibus locis in the back of the 1962MR.
Domine Iesu Christe, qui genitricem tuam … Continue reading