Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Siculum said Hey, Sonshine. Thanks, the priest I know with a *...
- mburduck said I, too, must endorse Rychlak’s fine book. Fu...
- Giuseppe said “Provided that it falls within God’s will, f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, with respect to proofreading, commented, ...
- Sonshine135 said Your article is timely Father. I was contemplating...
- Siculum said In these times, where fighting the good fight for...
- pberginjr said I haven’t read McCullough, but rather enjoye...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said May I also recommend Ralph McInerny’s book c...
- Sonshine135 said Sorry Father. The Pope has spoken, and you should...
- Sonshine135 said I can barely write English, and it is my native to...
- wanda said Yes, Fr. Z., we sure need our angels, now more tha...
- pannw said wmeyer, I would not last long in your realm! Shiv...
- DisturbedMary said Regarding “Amen”: We should saddle up,...
- LarryW2LJ said Heartily agree with your opinion of McCulloughR...
- philipjohnson said Father,yes i do pray to my guardian angel,and,also...
- Dr. Edward Peters said wmeyer, yes, several of us can, and we would say,...
- Legisperitus said Seamus: I can deduce “in nomine Patriae, et...
- AndyMo said The salient points here have referred to Redemptio...
- mrshopey said Spock, I remember reading something like what you...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said Their calendars are not only helpful, but very bea...
- Ed the Roman said Yes, I’m an American. But F1 is the best rac...
- Ed the Roman said I thank him, too.
- NoraLee9 said The car was cool. The scenery was cooler. When t...
- NoraLee9 said I have heard it. I had a priest friend tell me th...
- Nicholas said I heard recently that priests and future priests (...
- DeGaulle said Might I recommend rabbi David G. Dalin’s ...
- brk said My husband was chastised by a priest at that very...
- RafqasRoad said But Fr.!!, But Fr.!!, you simply cannot ignore the...
- The Cobbler said Imrahil, “The notion that anything really im...
- Synod on the Family Debate Heats Up - BigPulpit.com said [...] Fisking Cardinal Kaspers New Comments [......
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- From whom demons withdraw in terror and pain
- What Fr. Z is watching and reading
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: religious life
João Card. Braz de Aviz: “in these 50 years, consecrated life has followed a fruitful path of renewal”
Over at the best weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, I saw an article about religious life and the upcoming year for religious.
There is a comment about João Card. Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for Religious:
“We are … Continue reading
I saw this at CWN:
Curial official: over 3,000 religious leave consecrated life each year [Makes you wonder how many enter religious life. I'll bet not 3k!]
The secretary of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life … Continue reading
Today Pope Francis met with some 800 leaders of women’s religious institutes from around the world in an organization called the International Union of Superiors General (UISG). Think of an international version of the LCWR.
This meeting of women religious in … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a prayer that perhaps parish priests will pick up and use at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses, perhaps immediately after the Gospel:
LEADER: Please kneel for our prayer for vocations.
ALL: O God, we … Continue reading
I wrote about how screwed up Sr. Joan Chittister’s view of religious life is HERE.
Review that and then listen to this:
Same wave length, no?
I get quite a few email asking for advice/help from people who want to enter religious life, but cannot yet be accepted into a community because they have debts, usually student loans, etc.
Do you readers know of any group, organization, … Continue reading
Since it’s LOVE DAY, let’s get real.
I have been asked this before, and I think we have covered it before, but… repetita iuvant.
Really good, sound, faith, orders or religious institutes for women in the USA? England? Ireland? Canada? Australia?
Where you … Continue reading
Here is a great video which I pick up from the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald.
What a delightful lady. Keep your ears tuned for what she says is her constant prayer.
I received some points of reflection from a priest friend who is a member of one of the oldest religious families. I edited two of the points with his permission.
1. Prospective priests (Religious or Diocesan) are not looking primarily for … Continue reading