Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Stvsmith2009 said On Sunday, June 16, the patriarch of the Maronite...
- PA mom said I was a recipient of Pope John Paul II’s int...
- Imrahil said (Comment above was an addition to a comment in mod...
- Imrahil said in favor of global capitalism (in the distributist...
- dmreed said Oh gosh, my apologies for misspelling Mr. Voris...
- Christine Niles said “Voris is a kind man, courageous, but kind.&...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said johnnyDmunoz says: I remember a while back someone...
- Fr Jackson said It seems to me that prudence would demand some mor...
- Giuseppe said One of my favorite monologues from Father Guido Sa...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Tomato lobbers rarely contribute helpfully to conv...
- contrarian said Duly noting that I’m lobbing tomatoes from t...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father Z, the conference looks like a great time,...
- Clinton R. said I too would urge caution in the canonization of Po...
- Father G said Here is another link from the USCCB with the Engli...
- inexcels said I’m afraid I don’t have high hopes for...
- inexcels said My problem with distributism is that the sources I...
- Anonymous Seminarian said JonPatrick: Fortescue’s book is fantastic f...
- moconnor said Please! Your first line shouldn’t be so deba...
- TomG said ocalatrad: the only thing “objectionableR...
- johnnyDmunoz said I remember a while back someone posted some inform...
- FatherHoisington said The USCCB website says that the prayers are to be...
- Obama Offends Catholics in the UK, says Religious Schools are Divisive | The Conservative Voice said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- PostCatholic said It’s a nice spot in a quiet suburban neighbo...
- ocalatrad said I’m curious as to what is particularly objec...
- Did you hear him call schools in Middle East divisive? Of course NOT! | Let's Chat about That said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I think the Church has processes for a reason, and...
- Art said Hmmm… since I was ordained by John Paul, would I b...
- alanphipps said “[Right on schedule here come the distributi...
- carolina publican said SimonDodd, thanks for that information – gre...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: absentee landlords, I was referring to Jesus...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: religious life
Today Pope Francis met with some 800 leaders of women’s religious institutes from around the world in an organization called the International Union of Superiors General (UISG). Think of an international version of the LCWR.
This meeting of women religious in … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Here is a prayer that perhaps parish priests will pick up and use at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses, perhaps immediately after the Gospel:
LEADER: Please kneel for our prayer for vocations.
ALL: O God, we … Continue reading
I wrote about how screwed up Sr. Joan Chittister’s view of religious life is HERE.
Review that and then listen to this:
Same wave length, no?
Technorati Tags: Card. Burke, LCWR, magisterium of nuns, religious life, women religious
I get quite a few email asking for advice/help from people who want to enter religious life, but cannot yet be accepted into a community because they have debts, usually student loans, etc.
Do you readers know of any group, organization, … Continue reading
Since it’s LOVE DAY, let’s get real.
I have been asked this before, and I think we have covered it before, but… repetita iuvant.
Really good, sound, faith, orders or religious institutes for women in the USA? England? Ireland? Canada? Australia?
Where you … Continue reading
Here is a great video which I pick up from the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald.
What a delightful lady. Keep your ears tuned for what she says is her constant prayer.
Technorati Tags: nuns, religious life, Spain, … Continue reading
I received some points of reflection from a priest friend who is a member of one of the oldest religious families. I edited two of the points with his permission.
1. Prospective priests (Religious or Diocesan) are not looking primarily for … Continue reading