When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Paulo said I second kal’s comment! I feel humbled that...
- Ave Crux said Ah, exactly….Joan of Arc… She mourned...
- HobokenZephyr said PPS – what about St. Joan of Arc? Surely y&...
- HobokenZephyr said PS – it’s a non combat badge. Like the
- HobokenZephyr said She’s an Army vet. Not veteran, a veterinari...
- kal said I’m so happy to have been able to participat...
- Veritas said I will include all requests in my daily Rosary. I...
- Suburbanbanshee said It is appropriate to honor beloved animals at thei...
- Elizabeth D said That’s delightful. Not every girl so literal...
- acardnal said I wonder if they wear Under Armour under their arm...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Not if they’ve been in for a while and are o...
- Andrew Saucci said Imrahil: There were times you could joke about abs...
- Nightcrawler said I thought they had to be single?
- boxerpaws1952 said Torpedo ..my husband was diagnose w/ bipolar disor...
- boxerpaws1952 said NBW…every day she will be in my thoughts and...
- Grumpy Beggar said @ kiwiinamerica The owner (“mother of the do...
- John Nolan said Cue for a song (Cesar Franck, himself a Belgian):...
- Grumpy Beggar said There is a longer video HERE in which we can cle...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Supertradmum, Your point is vitally important...
- anachy said Dogs don’t NEED Masses said for them because...
- Ave Crux said This is not about whether someone can have childre...
- Supertradmum said It takes two people to be married, not merely the...
- Fool_for_Christ said According to the website of the Franciscans of the...
- kiwiinamerica said I always thought Evelyn Waugh’s “The L...
- Cincinnati Priest said One factor that can’t be underestimated is t...
- Charles E Flynn said Do we take off additional points for the eulogy?
- CatholicCoffee said I will add these intentions to my rosary. May I pl...
- Cafea Fruor said @Filumene – and yet, precisely because so ma...
- Ave Crux said To those who commented on my point about women hav...
- mysticalrose said Well, I’ll trot out the reductio ad FI: seri...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Italian police investigate Our Lord
- ASK FATHER: My son’s best friend is Presbyterian
- SWISS GUARD AMOUR PROJECT: New photos from the swearing in ceremony!
- More sacred art from Daniel Mitsui (Hint: A suggestion and COFFEE!)
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- Priesthood ordinations up 24.7% this year
- Funeral for… what?
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- What ‘Quo primum’ says and what it doesn’t say
- The next time you are tempted to quit…
- A dose of reality from Milwaukee’s Sheriff
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce a sin? Should I confront priest who said it isn’t?
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Requiem Mass
The nice lady of SPORCH sent me a new set of Extraordinary Form altar cards for Requiem Masses!
They are spectacular. Your TLM community needs a set!
They are pretty big. Here they are on the edge of a large table.
The center … Continue reading
The use of Latin in our liturgical worship must not be limited to the Usus Antiquior of the Roman Rite. Latin is the language if the Latin Church. That means Extraordinary and Ordinary Form alike.
For this reason I object to the … Continue reading
From a reader…
Can a Catholic who is divorced and remarried without an annulment receive a Catholic Christian burial?
Can. 1184 lists – exhaustively – those Catholics who may be deprived of a Church funeral:
Can. 1184 §1. Unless they gave some signs … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to Pewsitter for this piece from the Worcester Telegram:
Bishop McManus worried that some omit funeral Masses
WORCESTER — Bishop Robert J. McManus is expressing concern that Central Massachusetts Roman Catholics are not scheduling funeral Masses for … Continue reading
2 November, All Souls, is around the corner. This solemn observance, while not a Holy Day of Obligation, has always aroused in the faithful a strong response and turn out.
Many people have been asking me to post their parish’s Mass … Continue reading
Sermons for the older form, Extraordinary Form, Requiem Mass are to be pronounced only with the permission of the local bishop and are to be delivered after Mass concludes, while wearing no vestments.
There is a lot of wisdom in this, … Continue reading
I had a useful and edifying experience today. In a way what happened today dovetails with what I experienced a week or so ago when I carried the Blessed Sacrament for Corpus Christi in the streets of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Having attended my first Requiem Mass yesterday I must say that I am absolutely shocked they got rid of it and replaced it with the current funeral Mass. Going to Mass last night and actually getting to pray … Continue reading
I direct you attention to an entry at The Chant Cafe:
Simple Propers for All Souls
Posted by Adam Bartlett
Download them here
Note that the chants for the Feast of All Souls are the same as the Requiem (Funeral) Mass. What … Continue reading