Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- MitisVis: Here is a link to the SF Archdioces e and the letter: https://sf archdioces e.org/docu ments/2018 /8/Letter% 20to%20the %20People% 20of%20the %20Archdio cese%208.1 7.18.pdf Archbp....
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Even more impressive is a bishop who not only exhorts his priests and people to do penance but also undertakes to do it himself.
- DJAR: If you want to see a true pastor, scroll down at the link. If you don’ t have time, go to minute 23 and listen to what this holy and humble bishop has to say about his office. The whole...
- mulieribus: I don’ t think it is as easy as this, Father. It is rather complicate d to discern if one can go. My entire large family recently went through this, and it was painful. First...
- majuscule: When you wrote in another post about the need for bishops to perform a Rite of Exorcism over their dioceses I immediatel y thought that would be something Archbishop Cordileone would do....
- HvonBlumenthal: Fr Fox, Thank you. Here’s what I would do if I were an unrepentan t paedophile priest: I would systematic ally go to every priest in my diocese, as well as my bishop, any auxilia...
- Fallibilissimo: I’ve heard it referred to as “the lust of the clergyR 21;. This whole episode just goes to show us what frail creatures we humans really are. May God protect our...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More feedback: Thank you for your brutal honesty. It is what is necessary, has always been necessary or you end up where we are now. Based on your post, do you think it is not a...
- Fallibilissimo: That sounds like a GREAT idea! Actually, you’ re reminding me of Fr Amorth! Incidental ly, he used to say that he couldnR 17;t absolve half the Bishops of the world in...
- Suburbanbanshee: Masked Chicken – I suspect that someone actually a prophet, or someone known to be a “liv ing saint,R 21; could help, like a Mother Teresa or a Blessed Solanus...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I love these people who – RIGHT AWAY – jump in and say, “The y won’ t do it.” Oh YEAH! Ask them yourself. You’ ve got a pen and an envelo...
- Orlando: Father great advice , but I am fairly confident they will not heed it. By there actions they show that they don’t believe any of it, They don’t believe in Satan, Latin, Tradition or the...
- MrsMacD: Something laypeople can do besides, attend Mass, frequent the sacraments and make Holy Hours; http://www .auxiliumc hristianor um.org/
- tominrichmond: In general, one is only permitted to use proportion al force to fend off an assault. Killing in response to an unwanted sexual advance would probably result in a manslaught er...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Father Chad Ripperger, an exorcist, has a number of conference s on Youtube. He talks quite candidly about the rite, about the demons, about the different ways in which...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I approve this message. Prayer, fasting, and solemn exorcism are what are needed to drive the demon of sodomy and child rape out of the Church.
- BayviewBadger: Great idea… ;but why wait? I think the quote “ 230;with what you have, do what you can, and do it now… ” applies. Sorry, forgot who the author of that quote...
- Sportsfan: “I wonder what it means.R 21; It doesn̵ 7;t MEAN anything. For there to be psychoanal ysis there has to be a psyche to analyze. It’s all slogans and fluff. There is no...
- Kathleen10: Well I never thought I’d say something like this, but this is where the laity may be able to help. Given the fact that we have had this problem lo these many years, and we see the...
- Fr. Andrew: Good idea, if I’m not mistaken, the foul spirits have to be named. Avarice. Lust. Sacrilege. And on and on.
- Kathleen10: Great idea Fr. Z. I sincerely hope many do it.
- GregB: @rollingrj : * EWTN has a video where Adam Blai said that the solemn exorcism rite should only be done by a priest. Only the priest has the full weight of the Church behind him. The only...
- Joy65: I said years ago that the Pope needed to do an exorcism over the whole U.S.
- Kerry: Excellenci es & Eminences, yes, Yes, YES! Fewer commission s, more exorcisms! !!
- rollingrj: “Whe ther you decide to do this publicly or private!y, please — just do it.” I would humbly suggest this ritual be done publically . As this is affecting all of the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - JUNE -
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!