Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- RichR: It’s the same thing in both the political DC scenario and the Vatican Youth Synod scenario: You have adults who don’t want to grow up and lead who are hiding behind children who think they...
- Malta: I cried because I have four daughters of my own– and it’s anguishing imagining that that could have been one of them.
- Moro: There was also the issue of charging for a concert in a church, something forbidden by Rome as pointed out by Church Militant 8217;s coverage of this issue. I find that to be more troubl...
- Malta: As a former FBI Agent I am fully armed. I have a Rock River Arms AR-15 .556 (which is what the FBI uses) with a Military/L aw Enforcemen t-only Eotech scope, that I’ve zeored to about...
- Semper Gumby: Amen.
- chantgirl: Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, in China, we see the dangers of a disarmed populace. While our teenagers get shuttled into DC by the Soros-mach ine, the youth in China are...
- Semper Gumby: Carrie: Please remember that a SJW advocates stridently or belligeren tly for a return to the regressive policies of the 20th century, and that the SJW tends to have a totalitari an...
- Titus: The Church must involve young people in its decision-m aking processes and offer them more leadership roles. These positions need to be on a parish, diocesan, national and internatio nal...
- eymard: “For many young people, faith has become private rather than communal, and the negative experience s that some young people have had with the Church have contribute d to this. There...
- Malta: Thank you robtbrown& #8211;I forgot that we can pray to angels too. I should start doing that, including my guardian angel.
- Moro: Thanks for posting this. I can’ t help but agree with you on the point about talking-po st saturation . I live in the DC area. It’s all over the news. As you know, the March for...
- Athelstane: Fr Fox (and Maternal View): “The re is a tremendous appetite for sentimenta l music, and that is how I would describe so much of the recent music that continues to be popular...
- RichR: $100 bet that the person who made this decision is over 60.
- Ave Maria: Any bishop upholding to a faithful performanc e of his duties will be attacked these days. It is much easier to go with the flow and be politicall y correct and focus on tolerance or...
- Carrie: SG: Yes, Jesus is a social justice warrior. Yes, it IS what I believe and practice. Praise the Lord that we are both deeply committed to our faith.
- robtbrown: Malta says, The scary thing about satan is he has an intellect much greater than ours, and it is only though the protection of saints, such as St. Joseph, Mary, and Christ that we can...
- Fr Martin Fox: MaternalVi ew: There is a tremendous appetite for sentimenta l music, and that is how I would describe so much of the recent music that continues to be popular; particular ly the...
- JustaSinner: Prayed to St. Joseph for paternal guidance of NSR. Prayed to St. Michael the Arch Angel to smite them with his Holy Sword as he smited Lucifer; tossing both into the Inferno! Must...
- Deacon Ed Peitler: I don’ t want to be unfeeling but it’s more important to be truthful. You’ d have to be really dimwitted to say that because you cannot speak Latin you cannot...
- Malta: “For mer FBI Special Agent̶ 1;
- Malta: The Foster Father of Jesus should scare demons. I’m investigat ing a satanic cult where kids are involved. Please pray for me. I’ve been in close contact with a FBI friend with...
- robtbrown: Should be: I do, however, agree with Fr Jim on the notion of “fasting” from Communio.
- Timothy: I’m surprised it was not St. Francis Xavier parish, being a Jesuit parish. The stories and abuses I could tell you about in the 70’s and 80’s. The Spirit of Vatican II was strong at St....
- Fr. Kelly: John Grammaticu s I am afraid the vitriol in your post and your professed willingnes s to judge a venerable Pontifical Order of Knighthood on your interactio n with two of their members...
- ChrisP: former> JesuitR 30;.. Wow. Is Schutte that bad? [Under the right circumstan ces, that could be a plus.]
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Of DC Gun Marches, Young People Synods, and Volcano Sacrifices
- And now the award for the “Most Irony Within A Screenshot” goes to…
- WDTPRS – Palm Sunday: example that transforms
- LENTCAzT 2018 39 – Saturday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: When God seems to be asleep
- Fishwrap attacks @BpJamesJohnston of @DioceseKCSJ for stopping controversial concert
- 2018 Paschal Blue Moon on Vigil of Easter and more Moon stuff
- ACTION ITEM: Masses to rescue Lea Sharibu held by evil Islamic Boko Haram
- LENTCAzT 2018 38 – Friday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: The happiness of heaven
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: reverence
Some feedback from a priest, reacting to my post: ASK FATHER: Mass without proper gear? Pusillanimous stingy ignorant pride.
I am writing simply to share with you my reaction to the four videos you posted showing Masses offered in difficult (to say … Continue reading
Over a Rorate there is something so good that it compels me to overcome even their animosity toward me, extend an olive branch again, and direct you there to read patiently and completely. Peter Kwasniewski of Wyoming Catholic College (where … Continue reading
Bp. Tobin’s Tough Love: Hirsute flabmeisters… mature women with skimpy clothes… hyperactive gum-chewing kids checking their iPhones
His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas J. Tobin, Bishop of Providence has sobering reminders for his flock. HERE
No doubt His Excellency is addressing himself only to the Catholics of Providence. So, if you are not in that diocese pay no attention. My emphases and comments:
The … Continue reading
Over at the National Catholic Register Pat Archbold has a good piece for your consideration. You might point it out to your parish priests.
I’ll give you the intro and then the headlines. You can read the rest there.
7 Things To … Continue reading
The often amusing Eye of the Tiber reports on a serious news story that should concern us all. My emphases.
Sierra Nevada–More than five dozen searchers scoured the Sierra Nevada foothills for the missing reverence at a Mass at the Church of … Continue reading
From a reader:
I attend the Extraodinary Form regularly. I noticed yesterday a man using a tablet as his Missal. I’m not sure what to think about this.
My own thought is that a tablet also can (and does) display immoral pictures … Continue reading
Deacon Greg Kandra has had a bit of a conversion about altar rails. Here is a taste.
Okay. I’ve changed my mind. It’s time to bring back the altar rail.
Hey, I’m as surprised as anyone else that I feel this way.
Two … Continue reading