- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- mburduck said And I will pay for the ammo and the range fees, to...
- Uxixu said Listened through the plugin on the post.
- Andrew Saucci said Well, if the lay people don’t need rubrics,...
- Netmilsmom said Father, you haven’t given us an option for &...
- HyacinthClare said I’m with you, Legisperitus. Not a clue what...
- Dan said Huh. I would have read that statement from Msgr....
- Obumbrabit said I listened through the plug in on the post.
- StJude said For my son.. he seems lost lately. For a personal...
- Sword40 said Got it!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless
- Sword40 said Sorry, Fr. Z. So far it’s a fail. Won’...
- benedetta said Yummy! I make at least one soup variety, and doub...
- discipulus said For an opportunity to go to Confession soon, and t...
- RafqasRoad said Firstly, I give thanks to god that our move to th...
- Luvadoxi said Ch..ch…ch….chia! Bwaaaahhhaa! I do li...
- Luvadoxi said I have to say I love all the Budweiser commercials...
- Luvadoxi said Worst commercial ever: the original T-mobile musi...
- Priam1184 said Bought a calendar and am thinking of paying them a...
- acardnal said Folks, you haven’t seen me on the blog for a...
- ghladum said Worst part about the Act so far is that my dad (63...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said My thoughts turned to Pope Francis. He too is a pr...
- JohnE said Some who have been in my heart and prayers lately:...
- Terentia said I’m pretty sure my employer provided insuran...
- Moro said The problem is not just the annoying commercials,...
- Maldon said Hello Father, Thank you very much for this. First...
- Mandy P. said Not a TV fan. I will let my kids watch Tranformers...
- birdie said Thud, that’s the sound of my head banging ag...
- Joe in Canada said The GIRM does have instructions for the laity at t...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said skvie5738 says: I could eat 5 bowls of it in a row...
- skvie5738 said I’ve been making this exact same recipe for...
- teejay329 said Everyone…please consider purchasing a calend...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Richard Dawkins
Hey you secular humanists! Listen up!
I have been saying that homosexual activists will eventually work openly to eliminate the age of consent. Therefore, they and their fellow travelers would eventually have to “rehabilitate”, in a sense -twisted sense, pedophilia.
CANTERBURY, … Continue reading
An alert reader pointed me to a post at the UK’s Daily Telegraph with one of the best, attention-grabbing titles I have see in a long time.
I’d go to church just to reduce the probability of spending eternity in Hell … Continue reading
Critics of the new, corrected translation would have, back in the day, resisted also the King James Bible
It is often said, by liberals, that because in ancient Rome there was a shift from Greek to Latin for the Roman liturgy, and since Latin was the vernacular back then, we should abandon Latin now and use the vernacular … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading
It doesn’t surprise me at all that the always interesting Camille Paglia thinks Richard Dawkins is a twit.
… I was recently flicking my car radio dial and heard an affected British voice tinkling out on NPR. I assumed it was … Continue reading
Is this like something William Mowett would have come up with?
From the Laudator:
Max Beerbohm on Thomas Hardy and A.E. Housman:
How compare either of these grim two? Each has an equal knack, Hardy supplies the pill that’s blue, Housman the … Continue reading
Yesterday I reminded you that it was the anniversary of the Fatima Miracle of the Sun.
Today I found on Creative Minority Report a delightfully snarky examination of some reasons naysayers posited to explain what happened.
SCIENCE TO THE RESCUE!
… Continue reading