You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- CatholicCoffee said Animadversor, I will add you to my rosary intentio...
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Richard Dawkins
An alert reader pointed me to a post at the UK’s Daily Telegraph with one of the best, attention-grabbing titles I have see in a long time.
I’d go to church just to reduce the probability of spending eternity in Hell … Continue reading
Critics of the new, corrected translation would have, back in the day, resisted also the King James Bible
It is often said, by liberals, that because in ancient Rome there was a shift from Greek to Latin for the Roman liturgy, and since Latin was the vernacular back then, we should abandon Latin now and use the vernacular … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading
It doesn’t surprise me at all that the always interesting Camille Paglia thinks Richard Dawkins is a twit.
… I was recently flicking my car radio dial and heard an affected British voice tinkling out on NPR. I assumed it was … Continue reading
Is this like something William Mowett would have come up with?
From the Laudator:
Max Beerbohm on Thomas Hardy and A.E. Housman:
How compare either of these grim two? Each has an equal knack, Hardy supplies the pill that’s blue, Housman the … Continue reading
Yesterday I reminded you that it was the anniversary of the Fatima Miracle of the Sun.
Today I found on Creative Minority Report a delightfully snarky examination of some reasons naysayers posited to explain what happened.
SCIENCE TO THE RESCUE!
… Continue reading