"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Longinus said I’m happy to see that you visited Constanza....
- acbprop said My wife is trying to lure me into a trip to Rome....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops, wrong doubled consonant: “CamillosR
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kathleen10 & BosMutissimus, I suspect that the...
- Kathleen10 said Shocking, and as The Chicken said, the name that c...
- Sarah L @ Beaten Copper Lamp said If I were at my regular parish, or visiting anothe...
- Bos Mutissimus said “Serpent?” “Fox?” I did...
- Kathleen10 said Maybe the person calling you a “fox” w...
- moconnor said My 4-year-old son is most certainly “self aw...
- Mojoron said I have commented on confession (I still prefer the...
- +JMJ+ said One of the things about this article…if the...
- Southern Baron said I regularly go at a shrine, not my home parish, be...
- LarryW2LJ said “Post-birth abortion”, because the wor...
- robtbrown said Like St Anthony’s in Boston, this church has...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Gabriel Syme: Since the Second Vatican Council, t...
- The Masked Chicken said I thought that the younger generation was supposed...
- Lili of the fields said Yes Father Z, I could not agree more: we need wha...
- Gabriel Syme said Mary Jane, “This is not true. It does matter...
- Gabriel Syme said Giuseppe, “If a Roman Catholic has access to...
- Gabriel Syme said Gerard Plourde , “The first principle of mai...
- Jacques-Antoine Fierz said Thank you Father. Just a remark. Borromini has 2 r...
- Fr. Pius, OP said OK, for those looking for the relevant pages on-li...
- Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner – and Feel a Bit Ambivalent About the Synod : Oriens said [...] ties in with an earlier Fr Z post, and espec...
- Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner – and Feel a Bit Ambivalent About the Synod : Oriens said [...] you think that’s extreme, incidentally, cons...
- Matthew said I think the gold outfit (I hesitate to call them v...
- Random Friar said The Liturgy of the Hours is even more confusing....
- Mr. Green said King of Charity and Samwise: well said. Those who...
- jameeka said That “hiding from God” image is so ama...
- jameeka said That “hiding from God” image is so ama...
- stephen c said Saint Francis de Sales said that the saints are th...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 5: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Richard Dawkins
Hey you secular humanists! Listen up!
I have been saying that homosexual activists will eventually work openly to eliminate the age of consent. Therefore, they and their fellow travelers would eventually have to “rehabilitate”, in a sense -twisted sense, pedophilia.
CANTERBURY, … Continue reading
An alert reader pointed me to a post at the UK’s Daily Telegraph with one of the best, attention-grabbing titles I have see in a long time.
I’d go to church just to reduce the probability of spending eternity in Hell … Continue reading
Critics of the new, corrected translation would have, back in the day, resisted also the King James Bible
It is often said, by liberals, that because in ancient Rome there was a shift from Greek to Latin for the Roman liturgy, and since Latin was the vernacular back then, we should abandon Latin now and use the vernacular … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading
It doesn’t surprise me at all that the always interesting Camille Paglia thinks Richard Dawkins is a twit.
… I was recently flicking my car radio dial and heard an affected British voice tinkling out on NPR. I assumed it was … Continue reading
Is this like something William Mowett would have come up with?
From the Laudator:
Max Beerbohm on Thomas Hardy and A.E. Housman:
How compare either of these grim two? Each has an equal knack, Hardy supplies the pill that’s blue, Housman the … Continue reading
Yesterday I reminded you that it was the anniversary of the Fatima Miracle of the Sun.
Today I found on Creative Minority Report a delightfully snarky examination of some reasons naysayers posited to explain what happened.
SCIENCE TO THE RESCUE!
… Continue reading