Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ChiaraDiAssisi: Thank you for informing us.
- Antonin: I mean in MY younger years̷ 0;women were all same age as me in 20’s and 30’s
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fishwrap attacks @BpJamesJohnston of @DioceseKCSJ for stopping controversial concert
- 2018 Paschal Blue Moon on Vigil of Easter and more Moon stuff
- ACTION ITEM: Masses to rescue Lea Sharibu held by evil Islamic Boko Haram
- LENTCAzT 2018 38 – Friday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: The happiness of heaven
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Richard Dawkins
Hey you secular humanists! Listen up!
I have been saying that homosexual activists will eventually work openly to eliminate the age of consent. Therefore, they and their fellow travelers would eventually have to “rehabilitate”, in a sense -twisted sense, pedophilia.
CANTERBURY, … Continue reading
An alert reader pointed me to a post at the UK’s Daily Telegraph with one of the best, attention-grabbing titles I have see in a long time.
I’d go to church just to reduce the probability of spending eternity in Hell … Continue reading
Critics of the new, corrected translation would have, back in the day, resisted also the King James Bible
It is often said, by liberals, that because in ancient Rome there was a shift from Greek to Latin for the Roman liturgy, and since Latin was the vernacular back then, we should abandon Latin now and use the vernacular … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation … Continue reading
It doesn’t surprise me at all that the always interesting Camille Paglia thinks Richard Dawkins is a twit.
… I was recently flicking my car radio dial and heard an affected British voice tinkling out on NPR. I assumed it was … Continue reading
Is this like something William Mowett would have come up with?
From the Laudator:
Max Beerbohm on Thomas Hardy and A.E. Housman:
How compare either of these grim two? Each has an equal knack, Hardy supplies the pill that’s blue, Housman the … Continue reading
Yesterday I reminded you that it was the anniversary of the Fatima Miracle of the Sun.
Today I found on Creative Minority Report a delightfully snarky examination of some reasons naysayers posited to explain what happened.
SCIENCE TO THE RESCUE!
… Continue reading