Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: Bruno Lanteri
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
- JUST TOO COOL! Wherein Fr. Z is AMAZED at … coincidences? I think not.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Rituale Romanum
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From a reader:
The prayers in the old Roman Ritual are sometimes much richer than the prayers found in the current Book of Blessings. Since the added exorcisms and petitions in the older prayers might make a sacramental more effective, is … Continue reading
In the Extraordinary Form edition of the Missale Romanum there are texts for a Votive Mass ad petendam pluviam… to ask for rain.
Deus, in quo vivimus, movemur, et sumus:
pluviam nobis tribue congruentem:
ut, praesentibus subsidiis sufficienter adiuti,
sempiterna fiducialius appetamus.
This prayer … Continue reading
Troops and officers who go into battle would do well to familiarize themselves with all the weapons at their disposal. They should know a) that they have them, b) what they do and c) how to use them and when. … Continue reading
From a priest. Can the readership help?
Do you know of any resources, similar to the three-volume “Rituale
Romanum” put out by the FSSP, that have the extraordinary form
sacramental rites in Latin and Spanish? I am involved in Spanish-language ministry and some … Continue reading
Sacred vessels are important. They are consecrated (like the hands of priests) to touch the Body and Blood of the Lord.
I had this in my email:
I am trying to locate the rite (prayers and rubrics) for the consecration for a … Continue reading
From a reader:
Much of the time, I use one of the Rosary applications on my iPod touch in order to pray the Rosary. Would it be appropriate to ask a Dominican or other priest to use the Rosary blessing … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I’m a seminarian and have a few questions regarding blessings. A newly ordained priest, who is a friend of mine recently started using blessings from the 1964 Collectio Rituum. For example, he uses the Blessing for Water and … Continue reading