Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Terry1 said The Real Meaning of Khaybar http://gatesofvienna....
- DavidJ said If there was a specific offense that someone commi...
- Juergensen said Obama is simply importing future Democratic voters...
- Priam1184 said When it comes down to it can someone like Joel Ost...
- Mike said If the Holy Father makes his appearance in Lincoln...
- acroat said Thank you for posting the picture of our dear Carm...
- MarkG said I think it’s past time for our Bishops and P...
- MarkG said @FrJim I think you are probably right that previou...
- kurtmasur said “simply by being pro choice” —- ????? They separat...
- frjim4321 said Given the popularity of this pope I wonder if prev...
- Father G said Play-Doh has announced it is expanding into the au...
- Tina in Ashburn said Since the American administration is arming and fu...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said If, before, I was certain that Islam is profoundly...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said A church in every county — from their lips t...
- StJude said I feel like I am watching the bible unfold before...
- robtbrown said It is problematic just how much early Christian co...
- VexillaRegis said The dyspeptic undertaker had a flare-up in his car...
- HyacinthClare said I’m horrified by the people who are posting...
- Cafea Fruor said Boss, shaking his head: “How many times do I...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Driver: What’s that book you’re readin...
- seattle_cdn said Aliens will travel to Earth in any sketchy van in...
- samgr said I expect Mrs. Pelosi to be ignorant of history, bu...
- Faha said In the coming weeks and months you will be seeing...
- inara said In keeping with the verse from Revelation, I came...
- Gregg the Obscure said The nuns on the bus have completed the knitting of...
- Fr Martin Fox said The Crystalline Entity was so excited to begin wor...
- rusynbyz said “Captain, sensors indicate there is a distor...
- SKAY said Kurtasur said- ” In the same manner, aren’t...
- I Love Fr. Z’s Sense of Humor! Something We All Need These Days. | Top US News Today said [...] And then there is irrepressible Don Bosco. S...
- Priam1184 said These people are lunatics, ideologically crazed lu...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Rituale Romanum
I recently received a couple instructional DVDs produced by the canons at St. John Cantius in Chicago and I have had a chance to look at “Sacred Rites and Ceremonies of the Roman Rite, featuring the use of the 1962 … Continue reading
Remember that you can bless Epiphany Water, and chalk, and gold, frankincense and myrrh, and houses….
Lot’s of cool Catholic stuff can be done on Epiphany!
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From a reader:
The prayers in the old Roman Ritual are sometimes much richer than the prayers found in the current Book of Blessings. Since the added exorcisms and petitions in the older prayers might make a sacramental more effective, is … Continue reading
In the Extraordinary Form edition of the Missale Romanum there are texts for a Votive Mass ad petendam pluviam… to ask for rain.
Deus, in quo vivimus, movemur, et sumus:
pluviam nobis tribue congruentem:
ut, praesentibus subsidiis sufficienter adiuti,
sempiterna fiducialius appetamus.
This prayer … Continue reading
Troops and officers who go into battle would do well to familiarize themselves with all the weapons at their disposal. They should know a) that they have them, b) what they do and c) how to use them and when. … Continue reading
From a priest. Can the readership help?
Do you know of any resources, similar to the three-volume “Rituale
Romanum” put out by the FSSP, that have the extraordinary form
sacramental rites in Latin and Spanish? I am involved in Spanish-language ministry and some … Continue reading
Sacred vessels are important. They are consecrated (like the hands of priests) to touch the Body and Blood of the Lord.
I had this in my email:
I am trying to locate the rite (prayers and rubrics) for the consecration for a … Continue reading
From a reader:
Much of the time, I use one of the Rosary applications on my iPod touch in order to pray the Rosary. Would it be appropriate to ask a Dominican or other priest to use the Rosary blessing … Continue reading