HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Philomena Mary: Diocesan TLM, excellent sermon about humility being the virtue that underpins all other virtues.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): It has to be a lot more fun to play TLM than Novus Ordo.
- Taryn: Caldwell’s Pillar of Iron (a novel centering around Cicero) was fantastic.
- Fr_Sotelo: RK3, Your post is thoughtful , realistic advice.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – What Catholics DO BELIEVE about the Eucharist!
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: Father God, not Stranger God
- ASK FATHER: Was I automatically excommunicated?
- Fr. Murray makes a point – VIDEO
- Great. Just… great! Another thing to worry about.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Rituale Romanum
From a reader: When you discover you have an occult or new age object in your house, do you burn it or do you douse it with Holy Water and throw it away? I know you are busy, but a … Continue reading
From a reader: I’m planning on hatching chickens in the next couple of weeks. I’m using shipped eggs which have a higher mortality rate from being through the mail system. (but I simply can’t get what I want locally) Is … Continue reading
The nice people at Nova et Vetera sent me an edition of their reprint of the Rituale Romanum. Their site says: This is the first edition of the Rituale Romanum since 1957. It is based upon the last Editio typica … Continue reading
From a reader: We are planning our daughter’s baptism next month and would appreciate your guidance regarding an issue that has arisen. Our parish does group baptisms twice a month outside of Mass. While our pastor was willing to do … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! Please use the sharing buttons! My thoughts and prayers today are with so many of you in the way of the hurricane. May God and His Holy Angels protect you. PRIESTS AND BISHOPS! Use the old Roman Ritual … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z blissfully causes work for a harried parish priest. Another seasonal blessing: for Assumption.
I noted on the distinguished blog of the mighty Dean of Bexley, the Parish Priest of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan that my post about blessing grapes on the Feast of the Transfiguration stuck pay dirt. H.H. whinges: Thanks … Continue reading
From a reader: Can the Churching ritual be performed directly after the baptism, or should it be done on a different day? I ask this for clarity, as this will be the priest’s first time performing a baptism in the … Continue reading
I recently received a couple instructional DVDs produced by the canons at St. John Cantius in Chicago and I have had a chance to look at “Sacred Rites and Ceremonies of the Roman Rite, featuring the use of the 1962 … Continue reading
Remember that you can bless Epiphany Water, and chalk, and gold, frankincense and myrrh, and houses…. Lot’s of cool Catholic stuff can be done on Epiphany!
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From a reader: The prayers in the old Roman Ritual are sometimes much richer than the prayers found in the current Book of Blessings. Since the added exorcisms and petitions in the older prayers might make a sacramental more effective, … Continue reading
In the Extraordinary Form edition of the Missale Romanum there are texts for a Votive Mass ad petendam pluviam… to ask for rain. COLLECT (1962): Deus, in quo vivimus, movemur, et sumus: pluviam nobis tribue congruentem: ut, praesentibus subsidiis sufficienter … Continue reading