"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- bookworm said “How are these people picking up Ebola when...
- Fr Martin Fox said I often wonder if those who go in for this sort of...
- visigrad said Dear ts…..God Bless you. I am a DRE and he...
- defreitas said Wonderful, wonderful article, thanks father for po...
- elijah408 said When we say “his” Holy Church, we are...
- acardnal said It must be glorious to celebrate the Usus Antiquio...
- MGL said It turns out Father Hunwicke speaks in the same de...
- disco said Cardinal Burke was clearly inoculated against Arge...
- Cantor said Having been schooled in the great days of the Tyra...
- Mike said True story: I was serving a NO funeral Mass, and t...
- Cincinnati Priest said Thanks for all suggestions. Unfortunately, due to...
- KateD said There was a book published a number of years ago c...
- Cincinnati Priest said Bravo, Fr. Z. We need to hear this more often whe...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said The fourth picture suggests that the Carabinieri s...
- HeatherPA said And a doctor who has traveled back to the USA, pas...
- HyacinthClare said Bravo!! Bravo!! WONDERFUL writing!! YES!! I a...
- Michaelus said You can link through to the paper. The results wer...
- Gerard Plourde said Fr. Z, Thank you for printing the full answer. Con...
- Supertradmum said The Church survived Arianism, Mohammed-ism, and...
- Supertradmum said How beautiful–a little bit of heaven on eart...
- Simon_GNR said “The words of our liturgical rites are not t...
- Supertradmum said The restoration of the Faith in England is in my s...
- aviva meriam said “because to claim you know what really happe...
- gatormom said It’s difficult to take mainstream news serio...
- Grumpy Beggar said I apologize for those last 2 lines in the previous...
- Grumpy Beggar said robtbrown says: 24 October 2014 at 7:35 am “...
- Moral_Hazard said It’s difficult to take Info Wars seriously.
- Iacobus M said I’ve been a fan of Archbishop Chaput for a l...
- Grumpy Beggar said marcelus says: 24 October 2014 at 5:19 pm “...
- Grumpy Beggar said “We have deep respect for people with same-s...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 6: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Rituale Romanum
From a reader:
Can the Churching ritual be performed directly after the baptism, or should it be done on a different day? I ask this for clarity, as this will be the priest’s first time performing a baptism in the EF … Continue reading
I recently received a couple instructional DVDs produced by the canons at St. John Cantius in Chicago and I have had a chance to look at “Sacred Rites and Ceremonies of the Roman Rite, featuring the use of the 1962 … Continue reading
Remember that you can bless Epiphany Water, and chalk, and gold, frankincense and myrrh, and houses….
Lot’s of cool Catholic stuff can be done on Epiphany!
The liturgical year guided and nourish and shaped Catholics for centuries. It does so far less now. But once, people not only followed the turning of the earth and the wheeling of the stars and the rising and setting of … Continue reading
From a reader:
The prayers in the old Roman Ritual are sometimes much richer than the prayers found in the current Book of Blessings. Since the added exorcisms and petitions in the older prayers might make a sacramental more effective, is … Continue reading
In the Extraordinary Form edition of the Missale Romanum there are texts for a Votive Mass ad petendam pluviam… to ask for rain.
Deus, in quo vivimus, movemur, et sumus:
pluviam nobis tribue congruentem:
ut, praesentibus subsidiis sufficienter adiuti,
sempiterna fiducialius appetamus.
This prayer … Continue reading
Troops and officers who go into battle would do well to familiarize themselves with all the weapons at their disposal. They should know a) that they have them, b) what they do and c) how to use them and when. … Continue reading
From a priest. Can the readership help?
Do you know of any resources, similar to the three-volume “Rituale
Romanum” put out by the FSSP, that have the extraordinary form
sacramental rites in Latin and Spanish? I am involved in Spanish-language ministry and some … Continue reading
Sacred vessels are important. They are consecrated (like the hands of priests) to touch the Body and Blood of the Lord.
I had this in my email:
I am trying to locate the rite (prayers and rubrics) for the consecration for a … Continue reading