Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JamesA: Great podcast, Father. Much to contemplat e. I enjoyed the sounds of Rome in the background !
- Barnacle: @ Charles E Flynn Thank you, and thanks for the link. To be fair to me, I did say, ‘usi ng our minds,R 17; not ‘rea ding our minds,R 17; where the thought I had behind...
- Rob83: San Giovanni dei Fiorentini was my usual spot for Sunday Mass in English while visiting Rome in the pre-Sumoru m days. It was undergoing repairs at the time, which meant the priest had to...
- TRW: Very interestin g point. I had the same thought. It is apparently a common species in the Mediterran ean region. Still, the holm oak is specifical ly mentioned in accounts of all the apparit...
- matt from az: I’m not sure why everyone is up in arms about Pope Francis and this pagan stuff. John Paul II, allegedly “The Great,” kissed the Quran, participat ed in a pagan smoke ceremony rather...
- Charles E Flynn: @Barnacle, You have raised an interestin g distinctio n between having access to our imaginatio n and being able to “rea d our minds̶ 1;, which the books I have read...
- Barnacle: The Devil has access to our imaginatio n. He loves it when foul images are planted therein, because he exploits those images to corrupt us, manipulate our thinking, and/or to blasph...
- Markus: Reminds one of “Monte Python’s Flying Circus.” Made me wonder if one is not seeing the remake, “Monte Petro’s Flying Curia?”
- Mac in Calgary: Lutheran Satire absolutely rocks. It’s funny and usually targets the right heresies. Although I am pained by the occasional appearance s of Frank the Hippie Pope.
- Charles E Flynn: From Christus Vincit: Bishop Schneider’ s Powerful and Luminous New Book — And Its Presentati on in Rome , by Prof. Peter Kwasniewsk i: Bishop Schneider critiques worldlines s...
- FrAnt: Satire the thin line between reality and the absurd. Bravo.
- mattg: There is a strange cultural undercurre nt eroding our sanity. Scott Adams calls it the Parody Inversion Point. https://di lbert.com/ strip/2019 -10-02 https://di lbert.com/ strip/2019 -10-03...
- JesusFreak84: I love Lutheran SatireR 30;even if his Christolog y videos give me flashbacks to my hardest Theology class in college >.<; ;;
- DeGaulle: Why do we need a figure to represent ‘lif e’ in the house that holds He who represents Eternal Life?
- rhhenry: RLseven, Certainly we should know more about who, exactly, the “fem ale figureR 21; is, and with what she is pregnant. The Virgin Mary pregnant with our Lord is different from...
- Andrew Saucci: Bobbortoli n, all I can say is wow! That was 30 years ago. Glad to see it helped someone.
- Il Ratzingeriano: This synod is going way out of its way to discredit itself. The whole pontificat e increasing ly has the feel of an accelerati ng late stage crack-up.
- Semper Gumby: This Onion bit is rather amusing (though I understand The Astronomer and Kathleen10 ). Maybe The Onion will write a new piece for 2019 and the Amazon Synod. The pagan rituals, ̶...
- RLseven: Simmer down, WVC. Your examples are a bit far fetched. This is not a prayer about abortion or Satan. It is about Creation and those who deeply respect nature as part of their spirituali ty...
- RLseven: He did name what it was: “a female figure representi ng life.̶ 1; Why is that so hard to believe? We are pro-life Catholics, correct? Therefore, a representa tion of a pregn...
- bobbortolin: Andrew Saucci – I just wanted to say that I remember your old Rosary program! I have muscular dystrophy and I used your program a lot and, since I can’ t physically cycle...
- FrAnt: I was scrolling slowly down this article, and up came the Madonna del Parto. I was hoping it to be the painting of Mary beating the demon with a stick. I love that one.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you for the video of Bp. Schneider& #8217;s talk. The last 30 seconds were particular ly inspiratio nal. RichR: Good one. That prayer is problemati c. WVC makes a good point...
- abdiesus: Just sayin̵ 7;…. “And Abiam slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David, and Asa his son reigned in his stead. So in the twentieth year of Jerob...
- majuscule: They bring up an interestin g tie to Fatima and the Vatican gardens. While watching the podcast I recalled hearing that the tree planted in the garden was a holm oak, the species in...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Lutheran Satire educates
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Robert Card. Sarah
AMAZING INTERVIEW with @Card_R_Sarah “I believe that we are at a turning point in the history of the Church.”
Cri de coeur is the Word of the Day, it seems. At the National Catholic Register, there is an interview with Robert Card. Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship. His newest book The Day Is Now Far Spent is … Continue reading
LifeSite: Cardinal Sarah declines election to key committee at Vatican Youth Synod [“walking together”] VATICAN CITY, October 4, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) — Cardinal Robert Sarah was elected last evening as a member of the Information Commission responsible for disseminating news on … Continue reading
His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah gave a terrific sermon at Chartres for the conclusion of the traditional Pentecost pilgrimage. NLM has the text in English. Shall I touch some items that really caught my attention? My emphases and comments. Allow … Continue reading
Summoning the nastiness of which liberals are duly known, Rita Ferrone demonstrates how mean-spirited a lib can be in piece penned for Commonsqueal. She attacked Robert Card. Sarah because he has called for a rethinking of Communion in the hand. … Continue reading
A combination of factors has lead to erosion of understanding of the Eucharist and reverence for the Eucharist. Included in these factors is a near universal insistence that everyone go to Communion at every Mass and, of course, lay ministers … Continue reading
UPDATE: I link to the correct audio file now. SORRY! Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 30, for the Octave of Christmas, New Year’s Day. This is the final podcast for Advent/Christmas. Thanks for listening. Today, Joseph Ratzinger helps us start the new … Continue reading
If our “interior cell phone” is always busy because we are “having a conversation” with other creatures, how can God “call us”?
I find that more and more of my day, when I am at home, is spent in silence. I have stopped checking the news. I don’t often listen to music. Sometimes I listen to audiobooks through Audible or my older … Continue reading
You might want to pause in your busy busy day to visit First Things and read a piece by Italian vaticanista Marco Tosatti. THE WAR AGAINST CARDINAL SARAH Do you want to know the sort of man Card. Sarah really is? … Continue reading
“I learned that when a person has decided to destroy you, he has no lack of words, spite, and hypocrisy”
Inspired by something sent to me today from a Twitter feed. [UPDATE It’s also quoted by Matthew Schmitz at the Catholic Herald in June 2017 in a round up article about how much people hate Card. Sarah and the amazingly … Continue reading
And so it begins. When Magnum principium came out (which increased the role of bishops conferences in the preparation of liturgical translations), I mentioned that the Germans are usually the problem. HERE Now there’s this from the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments. … Continue reading
People ran around with their hair on fire a while back when Pope Francis changed the process by which translations of the liturgical texts are prepared. He gave a greater role to bishops conferences. I read today at the National … Continue reading
Robert Card. Sarah has corrected homosexualist activist Jesuit James Martin, SJ., in the pages of the Wall Street Journal. How Catholics Can Welcome LGBT Believers It’s possible to stay faithful to the church’s teachings without turning away millions. By Cardinal Robert Sarah … Continue reading