Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SanSan: Silence = Death
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: As a homebrewer , I warmly approve of their beer. I intend to become a subscriber after the new year.
- cwillia1: Consider an all male hierarchic al organizati on that requires perpetual sexual continence of its members and treats same sex attraction s as seriously disordered . It is obvious that...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “How ever, I know for a fact that homosexual s and mafiosi and all manner of dangerous actors run together, for their interests overlap. 8221; This is likely also the...
- HvonBlumenthal: Abp Vigano makes an important point about why it is specifical ly a problem of homosexual ity. Heterosexu al “0hilander ers” do not organise to recruit other philandere rs or create...
- maternalView: Thanks for the PDF. I’m sharing it. It’s helpful to have all that in one handy booklet.
- PostCatholic: I’ve always wondered about that carnival game where the impossible talk is to catch a greased pig, how do they grease the pigs in the first place? Now we know. Fascinatin g to...
- bigtex: “Again, Viganò has uncovered the root of The Present Crisis: homosexual s and homosexual predation – with the sodocleric alism that results.” No, the root of the crisis started a century...
- John Nelson: The Cannons of St John Cantius also have their 2019 Ordo available. You can order it from their bookstore, Biretta Books, at https://ww w.birettab ooks.com. Also FSSP has theirs...
- maternalView: Yes, there are many good apostolate s that operate with a tight budget and trust in God’ s blessings. We need to support them! I don’ t even like beer but I̵...
- maternalView: This was an excellent letter. Pray for him.
- PanOrganista: Dear Vincent, I don’ t know if you will read this, but I hope that you do. I know EXACTLY how you feel, because I am carrying the same cross; and there are days when I wonder...
- Dan: Pray for Pope Francis. Not to take on a conspiracy . But. Thinking of Paul Harvey “if I were the Devil” If I were the devil. I would know that I can’t takw the seat of peter but that I can...
- Dan: I predict a homily on the “great accuser” in the near future. Pray for Bishop Viganò. Pray for the Church. Hail Mary, full of grace̷ 0;..
- TonyO: Some of these documents are in the files of bishops, covered by canonical rules for confidenti ality. Oullet claims that there are matters he cannot divulge. We need someone with high...
- Julia_Augusta: I also joined the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales last year. They are very active in promoting the TLM and vocations. I never made it to one of their pilgrimage s but one...
- Kathleen10: The voice of the shepherd is easily recognized .
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- AnthonyJ: Prayers for this brave bishopR 17;s safety.
- Shonkin: It’s a serious error (and a derelictio n of our duty) to withhold all contributi ons from the Church. Some — maybe all — contributi ons should be withheld from the...
- Benedict Joseph: @mibethda: Thank you for pointing to the admonition from Robert Moynihan. I dropped my subscripti on five years ago when he refused to abandon a servile dispositio n in the face of...
- mibethda: Dr. Robert Moynihan, editor in chief of the Inside the Vatican Magazine – a strong supporter of the Papacy, especially under John Paul II (under whose encouragem ent the magaz...
- Therese: The Age of Prophets is NOT dead: the sheer power of his witness takes my breath away.
- iamlucky13: I feel an apprehensi ve knot in my stomach as I read this, because it is evident that no easy dismissals of his claims are possible. He states his awareness of the potential eternal...
- rosula: God bless Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. He’s paving the way for the restoratio n of the Church under the leadership of Cardinal Robert Sarah.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Roman Curia
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Feedback from a reader…
In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over others. Among … Continue reading
UPDATE: I got another confirmation from a separate source that Card. Müller is, indeed, out as of Monday.
It will be interesting to see where he lands.
What is scary are the names my spies and I are bandying about as the … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis today gave his annual Christmas “greetings” address to members of the Roman Curia. HERE With his extemporaneous words at the end, it amounts to some 43oo words and covered 8 single-spaced pages of Times 12 point … Continue reading
His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke gave interview to LifeSite. He said that the “formal correction” of Pope Francis he had mentioned before could “probably” be issued sometime after the upcoming Feast of the Epiphany, thus after 6 January 2017
Among the things … Continue reading
The Bolletino today shows that His Holiness had a meeting with the heads of dicasteries of the Roman Curia this morning.
Does this mean anything?
It is particularly interesting in that it happened directly on the heels of the public release … Continue reading
The Congregation for Divine Worship in Rome received a new Prefect last November, His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah. He should be a good, solid Prefect. At the same time, however, there was a bit of a purge of, say, the … Continue reading
Each year it is customary for the Roman Pontiff to meet and greet members of the Roman Curia just before Christmas. The Pope gives an address. Often that address is a kind of “State of the Union”, describing things that … Continue reading
One of the things I have been saying all along is one aim during the present pontificate is the reduction of the number of Cardinal Prefects and Presidents (and therefore Archbishop Secretaries) in dicasteries of the Roman Curia.
Put several dicasteries … Continue reading
At The Spectator there is a must read piece by Damian Thompson for anyone who is puzzled about what Pope Francis may be up to, especially in regard to the Roman Curia.
Here is an excerpt with my emphases:
As a Latin American … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap the cracks are widening. They are losing John Allen. They closed the combox. MSW is deeply into logorrhea. They are panicky.
Now I see a piece by Thomas Reese, SJ, who was removed from his editor’s position at … Continue reading
The Holy Father exchange the traditional Christmas greetings with the Roman Curia today.
The Pontiff opted not to reflect on the year past, but instead gave a brief address which included some words of thanks to those who are retiring (not … Continue reading
Years ago in the hall of the Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio I ran into the then-Prefect Cardinal Ratzinger, who was always happy to chat and let me pick his brains.
On one occasion, he quipped that he was glad that Peter stopped … Continue reading
Over here I posted about the new G8 that Pope Francis will call together in October. They are supposedly to help with alterations to the constitution called Pastor bonus, that governs the Roman Curia.
We all agree that reform of the … Continue reading