Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SuperTrad: Could someone post a link to the video so it’s still accessible from this site and so we can bring it into the open, please?
- JR: I don’ t think priests should be criticised , so I’ll recount this with sober caution. On the Sunday after All Saints I attended the evening Youth Mass at St. Mary’ ;s in North...
- JARay: According to “Gab ” landing in WA will subject you to flies and very warm temperatur es. I live in Western Australia and I can assure you that that statement is just not true. At...
- TonyO: Note, also, that there is no necessity that the sponsor be the same sex as the young person being confirmed. Sure, it is typical, and there are reasons why it is a good idea when possib...
- fishonthehill: Oy gevalt! As a Brooklyn born priest, familiar with Yiddish, I guess the pastor of the parish (macher), is living out the old Yiddish expression : “Vak sn zolstu vi a tsibele...
- WmHesch: Google a picture of their pastor (Errr.. “presider” ) Dude’s wearing what I can only describe as an African inspired blouse
- Maureen M: Prayers for a safe trip, Father. Thank you for all that you do for the Church. Welcome to CA, if that is where you are heading. :)
- AA Cunningham: Those with not much to spend may consider Father Richard Heilman 217;s Roman Catholic Gear.
- Southern Catholic: Komo, It is listed on the parish website after Saturday Masses. So they sang Imagine during a mass there? Weird.
- William: I hate bulletin ads. I especially hate ads that promote divorce. I’m surprised there̵ 7;s no ad from PP or some left-wing political group.
- RCAVictor: This parish rings an old bell. Didn’ ;t Fr. Altier get in trouble years ago for crossing swords with St. Joan of Arc – along with his vocal objections to the “Saf e...
- hwriggles4: Westward. Your presence will be greatly appreciate d at the Walk for Life West Coast if that’ ;s where you are headed.
- grumpyoldCatholic: Does George Soros attend? The bulletin makes me want to cry
- AlanLins: I have a great deal of sympathy for the Archbishop in this situation. I believe that the text which follows is the oath all bishops take. This indeed is a truly difficult situation. OATH...
- youngcatholicgirl: My mother and I traveled from Nashville to Rome this past fall, departing on Thursday morning (Central Time) and arriving Friday mid-mornin g (Rome time). I did wonder briefly...
- youngcatholicgirl: I was enrolled before my First Holy Communion and was given a cloth scapular with paper pictures sewn on and encased in plastic. I don’ t remember receiving much cateche...
- Hidden One: LifeSite News contacted Archbishop Hebda, who gave a truly pastoral reply. This could be the beginning of a new era for that parish.
- The Masked Chicken: I would like to put in a plug for the Rose Scapular Company: https://ww w.rosescap ular.net They specialize in scapulars. Their brown scapulars are durable and well-co...
- FrAnt: Safe travels. You got a selfie with your plane.
- Joe in Canada: Apart from the scandal of the bulletin is the irony that he starts by denouncing those who “rea d a book” ; and are then experts in the theory of the book. Then apparen...
- philothea.distracted: My son was confirmed this past fall. We did exactly as Fr. Ferguson suggests above. My son asked a gentleman we know pretty well from church. This man was delighted to be...
- Gab: Very prescient of you, Fr Z. The video is no longer available.
- HezzerK: Fro responded to a comment above saying, 221;What people who are not from there don’t get is that this parish was EXACTLY what was being prepared via seminary formation. One prof in my...
- john_6_fan: Veronika 8217;s Workshop on Facebook makes custom embroidere d scapulars at a reasonable cost. My wife and daughters all have scapulars with their patron saint on them. www.fac...
- Gaetano: I’m a native New Yorker and ours was the only non-Jewish family on our block in an Orthodox neighborho od. In New York, even if you’re Catholic you’re Jewish, and I would be embarrasse d...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Do I have to sing at Mass?
- Chatter on the deaconette front
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- My View For Awhile: Westward
- ASK FATHER: Finding good sponsors for confirmation
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Roman Curia
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
UPDATE: Feedback from a reader… In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over … Continue reading
UPDATE: I got another confirmation from a separate source that Card. Müller is, indeed, out as of Monday. It will be interesting to see where he lands. UPDATE: What is scary are the names my spies and I are bandying … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis today gave his annual Christmas “greetings” address to members of the Roman Curia. HERE With his extemporaneous words at the end, it amounts to some 43oo words and covered 8 single-spaced pages of Times 12 point … Continue reading
His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke gave interview to LifeSite. He said that the “formal correction” of Pope Francis he had mentioned before could “probably” be issued sometime after the upcoming Feast of the Epiphany, thus after 6 January 2017 Among the … Continue reading
The Bolletino today shows that His Holiness had a meeting with the heads of dicasteries of the Roman Curia this morning. That’s interesting. Does this mean anything? It is particularly interesting in that it happened directly on the heels of … Continue reading
The Congregation for Divine Worship in Rome received a new Prefect last November, His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah. He should be a good, solid Prefect. At the same time, however, there was a bit of a purge of, say, the … Continue reading
Each year it is customary for the Roman Pontiff to meet and greet members of the Roman Curia just before Christmas. The Pope gives an address. Often that address is a kind of “State of the Union”, describing things that … Continue reading
One of the things I have been saying all along is one aim during the present pontificate is the reduction of the number of Cardinal Prefects and Presidents (and therefore Archbishop Secretaries) in dicasteries of the Roman Curia. Put several … Continue reading
At The Spectator there is a must read piece by Damian Thompson for anyone who is puzzled about what Pope Francis may be up to, especially in regard to the Roman Curia. Here is an excerpt with my emphases: […] As … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap the cracks are widening. They are losing John Allen. They closed the combox. MSW is deeply into logorrhea. They are panicky. Now I see a piece by Thomas Reese, SJ, who was removed from his editor’s position … Continue reading
The Holy Father exchange the traditional Christmas greetings with the Roman Curia today. The Pontiff opted not to reflect on the year past, but instead gave a brief address which included some words of thanks to those who are retiring … Continue reading
Years ago in the hall of the Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio I ran into the then-Prefect Cardinal Ratzinger, who was always happy to chat and let me pick his brains. On one occasion, he quipped that he was glad that Peter … Continue reading
Over here I posted about the new G8 that Pope Francis will call together in October. They are supposedly to help with alterations to the constitution called Pastor bonus, that governs the Roman Curia. We all agree that reform of … Continue reading