Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- OssaSola: If I could afford a ticket to Rome, I would make my way to that church and lay hands on that Pachamama idol monstrosit y and destroy the damned thing yelling “With zeal have I been...
- Semper Gumby: matt from az wrote: “I’m not sure why everyone is up in arms about Pope Francis and this pagan stuff.R 21; Obviously, given your tendentiou s comment. Sincere best wishes as...
- Semper Gumby: RLSeven wrote: “Sim mer down, WVC.” ; Gratuitous . “You r examples are a bit far fetched. This is not a prayer about abortion or Satan.R 21; WVC was elaboratin g...
- chantgirl: Contrast the image of the Pachamama with the image of the woman in Rev 12, laboring to give birth, and it is easy to see that we are dealing with the Church, and a false, mirror image of...
- RLseven: “ 230;An emphasis on the mercy of Jesus, the love of Jesus, the power of Jesus within us, and his deep desire to be in union with us.” Beautiful reflection .
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting this timely reminder. You are doing what every priest should be doing – urging people to examine their conscience s, go to Confession , meditate on the...
- chantgirl: Keys to interpreti ng the pagan rituals taking place in Rome: https://dw ightlongen ecker.com/ pachamama- the-dragon -and-the-b lessed-vir gin/ https://tw itter.com/ JonahofNin evah/st...
- Zephyrinus: Oh, Happy Days !!! Deo Gratias. Long may the current increase in proper Catholic Liturgy, with its Profundity , Sanctity, and Holiness, continue. Thank You Fr. Z. for all that you do in...
- jaykay: Reading, eh? That’ ;s where Wilde was incarcerat ed, and afterwards composed the “Bal lad of Reading Gaol” ;. And he was received into the Church on his deathbed 8230;...
- Kevin: I will be in Rome in three weeks̷ 0;I will definitely stop by.
- Julia_Augusta: Can someone explain to me the Chick-Fil- A obsession among Catholics? I live in Japan. Isn’t eating fast food bad for your health? Shouldn’t we all avoid fast food? [Accidenta lly,...
- jaykay: Suburban Bean Sídhe: that is indeed a holy and a wholesomel y-minded correction to my somewhat whimsical contributi on.
- jdt2: Thank you for this post, Father. As always, your clarity is so very helpful. I wonder and struggle with what of the poor souls who do not have access to this (and similar) blogs, who show up...
- Suburbanbanshee: jaykay — Whatever has been consecrate d for use at Mass, or for another Sacrament, cannot be used for any lesser purpose. So if you wanted to make it into, say, part of an...
- Kathleen10: Thank you Fr. Z for the conversati on. This topic has got to be aired. The sheep are indeed scattering and since there is a big, black hole where leadership should be, the sheep are...
- jaykay: Umm… could the bronze urn be repurposed / recast as the helmet for the Guard? Or maybe as combat Rosary beads? It being already well blessed, and all. … … … Well no,...
- jaykay: “The New Italy (dedicated this) to Nicola Spedalieri 1903” ; Yeah. And 41 years later 100,000 Romans crowded into St. Peter̵ 7;s piazza to acclaim the true Father of Rome:...
- Lurker 59: Unified Reply Roundup @Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) ““pr eternatura lly protected” ? “Supernatu ral” refers to what comes from God.” ; I’ve seen both, but yes you are correct...
- Charlotte Allen: What I find fascinatin g is that the “Ama zon synod̶ 1; isn’ t even taking place in the Amazon. It’s a strictly Euro-Ameri can concoction . That yard sale...
- Amante de los Manuales: Thank you for those distinctio ns, Father. I’ve yet to see anyone make that point. Is it possible, though the writerR 17;s representi ng only one argument from an...
- Hidden One: Here there be wisdom.
- Hidden One: The pope is the bishop of Rome. The bishop of Rome is the pope. When the bishop of New York resigns, he ceases to be the bishop of New York. He is, instead, the (or a) bishop emeri...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I have heard the arguments that Benedict XVI is still the legitimate Pope and that Francis is an antipope. At this point, I don’t find the arguments convincing enough to...
- L.: I don’ t see how having a few invalid votes cast could make a difference in a papal election since, as I understand it, the vote totals and the “can didates 221; are kept secret...
- djc: Excellent observatio n.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- First, FSSP presence and now @ChickfilA has opened its first UK restaurant
- VIDEO: Bp. Hying on St. Margaret Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- ACTION ITEM! COMPETED! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish
- You are all going to die. That’s not a threat, it’s a fact. Great AUDIO reflection on YOUR future.
- ROME DAY 15: Folders, Funky Tomatoes, and Foolish Altars
- #AmazonSynod through a lens from St John Henry Newman
- ASK FATHER: Is Francis an Antipope because Cardinals conspired and the conclave was invalid?
- Lutheran Satire educates
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Roman Missal
UPDATE: HERE Readers of Protect the Pope have informed us that Bishop Thomas McMahon has acted decisively against Fr Butler’s letter advocating that they abandon the revised Roman Missal by writing to the priests of Brentwood diocese to refute his arguments … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!From a reader: Dear Father Z., accorging to you, would it be possible for a priest to use an electronic form of the Missal? Like, for example, we were on a pilgrimage to Israel recently (with … Continue reading
From a reader: I’m living in Ireland and my parish priest … has, under the influence of the new Association of Irish Catholic Priests, decided to make a stand against the new Missal and has simply refused to introduce it … Continue reading
From a priest: A thought: In the rubrics of the Missal, would you agree that a change in a word signifies a change in action? Looking at the prayers that the priest says that are not directed to the congregation, … Continue reading
There can be no renewal of any aspect of our Catholic lives and identity without first a revitalization of our liturgical worship. A reader sent me a link to a letter of 18 November 2011 and accompanying decrees concerning the … Continue reading
At long last I received my new altar edition of the Roman Missal by the Catholic Truth Society in England. The book was ridiculously held up in customs. I have looked virtually all the new missals. I really like this … Continue reading
From a reader: I was wondering what the mind of Catholics ought to be toward the validity of Masses which are celebrated after the implementation of the Third Edition of the Roman Missal by certain Priests who may dare to … Continue reading
At NLM Shawn Tribe has offered a proposal for an Ordinary Form Roman Missal with the new, corrected translation in a format much like the usual editions of the older Missale Romanum. He has some sample pages. If an edition … Continue reading
Yesterday I was at Leaflet Missal Company in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Church goods section there, run by John, can provide priests with the best traditional stuff. John of Church Goods put out all the US editions of the new, … Continue reading
Several priests have asked me my opinion about editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected English translation. They don’t know which version to purchase and wanted my insights. One priest wrote with additional information. Here’s the list: Liturgical … Continue reading
Msgr. James Moroney on his blog Dignum et iustum has put together a handy page indicating the editions of the Roman Missal with the new, corrected ICEL translation. These are the editions in the USA. The UK editions are not … Continue reading
The bishops of England and Wales are asking that a Pastoral Letter about the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal be read on Sunday 29 May. I noticed it on the blog Caritas in Veritate of my friend Fr. … Continue reading
The Catholic Truth Society in England has offered some resources for their new editions of the Roman Missal, that is, the new, corrected translation. Emphasis on corrected. I am sure my confreres across the water are taking note of the … Continue reading
I have often said that people who don’t like the new, corrected translation of the Roman Missal should protest by refusing to use it and using instead only Latin. Someone else thinks that it might be good to go to … Continue reading
Pretty soon people are going to be buying LOTS of new missals. They are going to have to decide whose to buy. I understand that Liturgy Training Publications and Midwest Theological Forum are both preparing edition of the new, corrected … Continue reading