Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- mike cliffson: By no means in conflict with what Fr.Z has written, and most especially loose demons, I often remember that pushing half a century ago as-then Mother Teresa of Calcuta said one...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Siculum says: I can’t wait for Humanae Vitae to be canonized. I know this is a really old comment, but I want to respond to it. I seriously doubt Humanae vitae is the reason...
- barryaltarserver1985: In my own parish today, we did not observe the memorial but celebrated the Mass for the Monday of the 7th Week of ‘Ord inary̵ 7; Time. However, and I would like to...
- nine man morris: @Benedict Joseph you beat me to it! His comment is flying around the globe, just like the no hell comment. It’s obvious the pope is post-Chris tian.
- nine man morris: Can this really be shocking of a church who’ s head says God makes people gay? And what about all the other statements contrary to the Gospel he’s made? The gay party...
- JustaSinner: Home school. Problem solved. [Perhaps that’ ;s just a little too simple.]
- colospgs: That is frightenin g. I fear it may be true. It also reminds me of the famous video from the Sasquatch music festival where one man dances like a fool, then slowly many more join in. A...
- semperficatholic: Fr. Z said, “Off the top of my head, I suggest that fatherless homes, drugging children, continuous images of violence in games, artificial entertainm ents on screens, the...
- Benedict Joseph: That tragedy appears old and innocent in the face of this morning 217;s headline at Drudge. “Pop e Shock: OK to be Gay “God made you like this.̶ 1; Yes, there a...
- jflare29: “I understand some people put their confidence in having a gun on them. I put my confidence in God.” ; I recall having posited a rather similar thought during my late teens. I...
- HighMass: Just think, Paul VI is being made a Saint before Pius XII, wow, doesn̵ 7;t make a lot of sense, all the uproar that has come since the N.O. Doesn̵ 7;t Make sense, but again what...
- bobbird: Things may be even worse that what Fr. Z speculates . DO mind control drugs exist, or are they fiction? If they DO exist, what might the minions of an Evil Mind do with it, especially when...
- Legisperitus: It was 22 years ago after reading Book IV of “The Imitation of ChristR 21; that I realized I could no longer receive Our Lord in the hand or standing. A beautiful devotio...
- JustaSinner: Of course you’re a potential terrorist, Father. Haven’t you heard of the sect of priests—I believe they’re called Jesuits, that fly airplanes into buildings, trucks into crowds of...
- DMorgan: Father, I have a question concerning Pentecost and the beginning of The Church; Did the Church start on Pentecost as many proclaim or did it start at Calvary with the Blood and Water from...
- rakowskidp: Thank you for visiting us yesterday! Your sermon was outstandin g! I’d love to share it, so I’m eagerly awaiting the availabili ty of a recording.
- JonPatrick: @Carrie: As someone who grew up in a family with a pacifist father who was scarred by his experience s in WW2, I had no particular experience with firearms. But after observing the...
- Geoffrey: Mater Ecclesiae& #8230; Mother of the Church, is an image not only from St John’ ;s Gospel, but also from the Acts of the Apostles, when the 11 were gathered with the Mother of the...
- Tom Ormon II: Our homilist brought up the point that the gifts of the Spirit are meant for the Church (and not for our own personal edificatio n … i.e., we shouldn 217;t “hid eR...
- andia: At one of the parishes I attend the parochial vicar was seen several times putting the host in his pocket —- it’s not just lay people disrespect ing the Lord present in the Eucharist.
- Elizium23: A few years ago, I experience d profound reverence for the Eucharist. The faithful were hushed and reverent inside the temple. The liturgy was celebrated solemnly and according to the...
- Grant M: No, it’s not a myth. About ten years ago, while attending the vigil mass in my old parish, I noticed, during the distributi on of communion, a Host lying in the carpet between the...
- majuscule: Father talked about the gifts of the Holy Spirit and how they result (when used correctly) in the fruits of the Holy Spirit. He always has some illuminati ng things to say about Script...
- richiedel: The above post actually pertains only to the readings. Here is the Collect which the USCCB has published. O God, Father of mercies, whose Only Begotten Son, as he hung upon the Cross,...
- Eric: Dog gone it! I bought this last year as an out of print used book. This is a great book! Angelico is putting out some quality stuff.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
- @ArchbishpSample to make liturgical changes in the @archpdx
- “The Council that might have been…” but wasn’t.
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: MALAYALAM
- Justice Thomas delievers commencement address
- ASK FATHER: Timing of announcements during Holy Mass
- ASK FATHER: Religious Ed teacher controls First Communion
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Sad: “Cranmer tables” in the Pantheon and many great Roman churches
- ¡Hagan lío! Wherein Fr. Z is pretty angry and wants to fight back
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Romanorum coetibus
In England, there is a new Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury.
In the USA, in the Episcopal Church, I read thanks to a link sent by a priest friend, that there is a new Episcopal Bishop in the Diocese of Eau Claire, … Continue reading
Via the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald…
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has welcomed the appointment of the Rt Rev Justin Welby, Bishop of Durham, as the next Archbishop of Canterbury.
Writing on behalf of the Bishops’ Conference … Continue reading
On his way out, Anglican Archbp. Rowan Williams really has to get his crew to issue Romanorum coetibus. No, really. They are so very… progressive. They are so far ahead of us Catholics.
For example, I read in The Daily … Continue reading
If we treated their “doctrine” like they treated ours… imagine the high dudgeon!
Here is a story from CNA with my emphases and comments:
San Francisco, Calif., Oct 4, 2012 / 12:25 am (CNA).- The Episcopal “bishop“ of California Marc Andrus has written a … Continue reading
A reading from Lumen gentium:
14. This Sacred Council wishes to turn its attention firstly to the Catholic faithful. Basing itself upon Sacred Scripture and Tradition, it teaches that the Church, now sojourning on earth as an exile, is necessary for … Continue reading
Over at the National catholic Fishwrap, which sports the word “Catholic” in their title despite having been explicitly told not to by the local bishop, has an amusingly flaky piece by Sr. Maureen Fiedler, whom we have seen several times … Continue reading
I saw this at Insight Scoop. This piece is an object lesson in why Anglicanorum coetibus was a great idea and why various bodies of Anglicans should sign on to Romanorum coetibus as soon as possible.
You cannot make this stuff … Continue reading
Remember my proposal that Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, should facilitate the creation of ordinariates for disgruntled Catholics?
Archbp. Williams could issue a document responding to Benedict XVI’s Anglicanorum coetibus called, say, Romanorum coetibus, by which he would offer provisions … Continue reading
I was remiss in not posting about this before, but the lovely and persistent Anna Arco of The Catholic Herald posted that the Anglican Bishop of London, … well.. here it is…
The Anglican bishop of Fulham and the chairman of … Continue reading