"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sonshine135 said Paragraph 52 really bothers me. “Some synod...
- KM Edwards said Dear Gerard Plourde you asked earlier “Why h...
- The Masked Chicken said “I don’t think we have to be a hermit living...
- VexillaRegis said Our pastor has made plenty of announcements of the...
- rcg said Thank you for this post! Wife asked for the link...
- accidentalthomist said Though I sometimes feel a bit wary of what some ha...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear robtbrown, “It might be said that those...
- Lorenz said It is important to keep in mind that with the voti...
- ASD said At least pre-Christian Romans were consistent abou...
- robtbrown said SaintJude6, Nutella is great on cookies and graham...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, I mean, I don’t think the (Dutch)...
- aviva meriam said ‘Venerator Sti Lot I read 1984 as a young te...
- SaintJude6 said Ah, Nutella. Love it on graham crackers. Little...
- Fr. Pius, OP said There is actually some decent Chinese food in Rome...
- robtbrown said Santa Maria degli Angeli was one of my favorite pl...
- robtbrown said Fr Z says, There is a hospital on the island....
- JesusFreak84 said So…we’re supposed to let adults in adu...
- Spade said I had to go back to Father’s post from earli...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: It does seem “a grand exa...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot, I intentionally used the word &...
- wanda said Prayers for your safe, smooth and quiet travels, F...
- SKAY said Have a safe trip home Father. Thank you for sharin...
- anniemw said Wow – considering that, barring sickness, wa...
- Supertradmum said opps changes not changed in last comment…
- Supertradmum said Those men look so young and were. God bless all wh...
- Supertradmum said There is a fancy restaurant here which has a Nutre...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, It does seem “a grand example of...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown writes, “The SSPX is dreaming of s...
- Charles E Flynn said Have a safe trip, Father. The author of the book y...
- Toan said On 52, I wonder what a vote of “placet”...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Rome
This morning the group went off to the Audience and some time in the Museum, both of which I passed.
On my way to meet a priest friend at Gammarelli I stopped at Sant’Eustachio. Just a nice view, inside a Roman … Continue reading
John Sonnen, who is from my native place, lived in Rome for a long time and was a tour guide there. He is also staunchly traditional. He now has a tour company that will be doing a pilgrimage to Rome … Continue reading
Some last errands before I leave Rome.
I went to a Vatican “Bank” ATM to check on the status of my account, which I have maintained since the 80′s.
I spent time in the Augustinianum library today. It is the best … Continue reading
This caught my eye. From my email:
Announcement of Competition: Latin, Greek and Humanities
at the Academy Vivarium Novum in Rome – Italy
Academic year 2014-2015
The Academy Vivarium Novum is offering ten full tuition scholarships
for high school students (16-18 years old) and ten … Continue reading
We headed down to the hated Stazione Termini this morning. I get a shiver when I got there, after the years of daily commuting. I rather miss the clackety clack of the flipping cards on the departure and arrival … Continue reading
We had a late start today, which was welcome. Mass at S Maria della Scala. the sacristy situation was … just as Roman sacristies usually are, especially in the hands of religious. Any one who has lived here knows exactly … Continue reading
I am just hanging out without controversy swamp fever. Sometimes I just need to breathe.
Coffee at Sant’Eustachio with some folks who wanted to go. I stepped outside to let them finish and ran into Card. Zen. … Continue reading
I got settled in safely and soundly this morning and, for lunch, had caprese.
Later in the afternoon I said Mass at the tomb of St. Philip Neri in the Chiesa Nuova. I will say Mass for the intention of my … Continue reading
The journey continues after a sojourn in New York. This morning I sought something for a friend in Rome because is what we long time expats do for each other. Did you know that there was vanilla mint … Continue reading