Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Tony Phillips said Sorry, one more thing….had to smile at Athel...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Enough of this.
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Cobbler, You wrote: “Chicken, will this...
- Tony Phillips said In the old rite, servers had an important role. K...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Father: Scriptural reference for the second antiph...
- Indulgentiam said Thank you for the apology. I will offer you one in...
- Lutgardis said In all seriousness, balloon releases are also frow...
- iamlucky13 said “Hmm. Not quite so fast, OK? Given how many...
- Ideas for Giving Your Children a Vocations' Mindset - Big Pulpit said […] How Did Ad Orientem Worship Go […...
- seattle_cdn said Balloons have their own issues too – when th...
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln? | Father Jerabek's Blog said […] How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the...
- slainewe said Catholic editorial cartoonists (if there is such a...
- Traductora said This young woman is certainly in a very difficult...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Of course! Proxy puncher! How could I have forgott...
- Ed the Roman said It might be interesting to ask the chancery who ha...
- Wiktor said Ad orientem is a change in the right direction, if...
- bklynse said OK. She “gets it”. But, what can we...
- SaintJude6 said ck and tzard If the employer demanded that a femal...
- Athelstan said I’d think it far preferable for all involved for t...
- Athelstan said Hmm. Not quite so fast, OK? Given how many Eastern...
- HighMass said I agree with Ad Orientem worship! I was Organist p...
- ck said ” Make a good showing – many of us have deal...
- Iacobus M said Ad Orientem worship makes clear that We, together,...
- Athelstan said Meanwhile, in San Francisco, another DefCon 1 medi...
- Athelstan said Hello Tony, Over night we had nothing to do but st...
- asperges said It seems to me we are in sort of re-run of “...
- Sonshine135 said wised: May I suggest a title for said soap opera?:...
- Sonshine135 said Amen! I think the argument that facing the altar w...
- aquinas138 said ejcmartin, you are essentially correct as regards...
- KRD said Tony, I know of several seminarians who would take...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Rome
I am on the ground at FCO. On the way down we had some splendid mountains and at the end a nice view of the ruins of ancient Ostia. Alas I didn’t have my camera ready early enough for a … Continue reading
At the Mail online there are some spectacular wide-angle photos straight up at the ceilings of some Roman churches.
Here is one.
These churches are expressions of identity.
They express who Catholics believed they were and who they believed the Church to be.
Today we … Continue reading
This morning the group went off to the Audience and some time in the Museum, both of which I passed.
On my way to meet a priest friend at Gammarelli I stopped at Sant’Eustachio. Just a nice view, inside a Roman … Continue reading
John Sonnen, who is from my native place, lived in Rome for a long time and was a tour guide there. He is also staunchly traditional. He now has a tour company that will be doing a pilgrimage to Rome … Continue reading
Some last errands before I leave Rome.
I went to a Vatican “Bank” ATM to check on the status of my account, which I have maintained since the 80’s.
I spent time in the Augustinianum library today. It is the best … Continue reading
This caught my eye. From my email:
Announcement of Competition: Latin, Greek and Humanities
at the Academy Vivarium Novum in Rome – Italy
Academic year 2014-2015
The Academy Vivarium Novum is offering ten full tuition scholarships
for high school students (16-18 years old) and ten … Continue reading
We headed down to the hated Stazione Termini this morning. I get a shiver when I got there, after the years of daily commuting. I rather miss the clackety clack of the flipping cards on the departure … Continue reading
We had a late start today, which was welcome. Mass at S Maria della Scala. the sacristy situation was … just as Roman sacristies usually are, especially in the hands of religious. Any one who has lived here knows exactly … Continue reading
I am just hanging out without controversy swamp fever. Sometimes I just need to breathe.
Coffee at Sant’Eustachio with some folks who wanted to go. I stepped outside to let them finish and ran into Card. Zen. … Continue reading