You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
- Gratias said In November of last year I attended a Public Audie...
- Sword40 said I have to say that Obama isn’t “dumb...
- William Tighe said No doubt this has been stated numerous times befor...
- PostCatholic said I realize this an old thread. But I think a readin...
- EXCHIEF said “I would rather potus would be seen holding...
- andersonbd1 said Make sure you don’t touch the metal parts wi...
- Jerry said What is the make and model of the system? What OS...
- Supertradmum said One must ask one’s self honestly if one rece...
- Ted said A 32 bit system, normally the operating system, ca...
- Supertradmum said That you may be the children of your Father who is...
- Tom in NY said Our readers are strong on the religious reasons fo...
- Giuseppe said Speaking of Tom Lehrer, while his Periodic Table s...
- xsosdid said I asked one of my sons, a computer science student...
- The Masked Chicken said If only I had a piano and Tom Lehrer…I feel...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It’s 32-bit. I checked around and it seems t...
- The Masked Chicken said The amount of RAM is determined by the motherboard...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr Martin Fox says: It may be that I am too infl...
- Athelstan said As Ralph said, I think a switch would be PERFECT f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Gulielmus’ pictures are a strong rebuttal. I...
- benedetta said The photograph is emblematic of Obama’s atti...
- billy said @traductora – I served four years on active...
- EXCHIEF said Whether the POTUS as CIC has the authority to make...
- StJude said Obama is a narcissist. this is just another examp...
- Traductora said Billy, I’m assuming you’ve never been...
- Dan said This is being taken way out of proportion. The Pre...
- Clinton R. said I think this is another example of the resistance...
- catholiccomelately said Gee whiz, President Obama, hold your own umbrella...
- Will D. said Oh, for heaven’s sakes. Once again, this is...
- pjsandstrom said To Robertus Pittsburghensis I well know about the...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: rosary
The Holy Father is, as I type, at Santa Maria Maggiore for recitation of the Most Holy Rosary.
Do you say the Rosary?
Some shots from the live feed.
In Italy it is customary to end the Rosary with recitation of the … Continue reading
Let’s return to an oldie-POLL for today’s beautiful feast.
First, a commercial: Years ago an acquaintance who participated on the old Compuserve Catholic Forum started her own online rosary business. She made the most beautiful – and also strongest – rosaries … Continue reading
There is a beautiful tradition for this day (often right at 1200 noon). Once upon a time one could obtain this day a plenary indulgence by reciting the Supplication to the Madonna of Pompeii. The other day for this is … Continue reading
I don’t often post about apparitions of Our Blessed Mother, though I pay diligent attention to those which are approved by the Holy See and some attention to those which have the approval of local bishops.
With that in mind, here … Continue reading
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now.
We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions - always GOOD Communions. … Continue reading
The US Bishops are going to need steel… spines in the upcoming battle for religious liberty.
Bishops, however, remain human beings, sinners, susceptible to many negative pressures.
And do not forget that the Enemy of the Soul hates bishops with the relentless … Continue reading
From a reader:
I prayed the Rosary with some others today, but since it was Thursday they used the Luminous Mysteries. I, however, meditated on the Joyful Mysteries. Is that legit? Would I still qualify for an indulgence if I was meditating on different … Continue reading
Several people who receive email from the SSPX have received this message and have in turn forwarded it to me. I share it with you.
On October 7, feast of our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, victorious at
Lepanto, an … Continue reading
October is a month dedicated in a special way to attention to one of our greatest Catholic devotions which is one of our greatest spiritual tools, the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
On that note, in a CNA … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a kind of…confused question for you here, im told that i dont need to say the Luminous Mysteries, im told Pope John Paul II “suggested” it, not declared that it must be said, i wonder this … Continue reading