- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Glennonite said I “chime in” because you ask; but know...
- Deirdre Mundy said My Western Civ professor loved this scene–...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Kat: That artwork should not be declared city prop...
- The Masked Chicken said “If you got your hands on a book, you had to...
- Peggy R said I get bothered by thinking of “capitalism...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Torpedo1, Of course, you may use the comment....
- kat said Welcome to Detroit, Father! I love the DIA, but do...
- Nicholas said Of all Pope Francis bashing, this is the most nons...
- Kerry said If the art is auctioned away, will any wealthy lib...
- Netmilsmom said People are forgetting “free will”. Gov...
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Unwilling said To get it out of the way: nothing Francis said can...
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
- markomalley said Please record a stat for each day this week (even...
- PopeWatch: Deliberate Mistranslation? | The American Catholic said [...] I have been following, and for the benefit o...
- The Pope and Capitalism said [...] Benedict XVI) Vita Consecrata (On the Consec...
- BLB Oregon said I’m a bit uncomfortable with such strong obj...
- Reginald Pole said Hopefully the DIA’s art will be declared not...
- TXKathi said Chiming in -
- Joe of St Thérèse said The good judge is right in his analysis. He doesn&...
- The Anglican Ord. Is More Beautiful in Action than in Theory - BP said [...] Strange Notions Poverty Or Income Equality?...
- Xmenno said I recently returned from my second trip to Rome, h...
- robtbrown said Father Maurer says: In the meantime, lectors are...
- Gail F said Also, it looks more Danish to me than German.
- JARay said I rather like what Andrew Napolitano is saying.
- Gail F said I’m sure I’ve seen a tabernacle by thi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Patra: I should be around.
- LadyMarchmain said Basher, your point is well taken, and I would even...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: rosary
I have decided to reread Benedict XVI’s third volume of Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives. It is shorter than the other two volumes, but there are riches within.
The Holy Father’s book presents a real defense of the historicity of … Continue reading
I have on occasion mentioned the best rosaries I have ever seen. They are made by a acquaintance and collaborator way back in the days when I was still involved with Compuserve! One of the participants started her own rosary … Continue reading
The Holy Father is, as I type, at Santa Maria Maggiore for recitation of the Most Holy Rosary.
Do you say the Rosary?
Some shots from the live feed.
In Italy it is customary to end the Rosary with recitation of the … Continue reading
Let’s return to an oldie-POLL for today’s beautiful feast.
First, a commercial: Years ago an acquaintance who participated on the old Compuserve Catholic Forum started her own online rosary business. She made the most beautiful – and also strongest – rosaries … Continue reading
There is a beautiful tradition for this day (often right at 1200 noon). Once upon a time one could obtain this day a plenary indulgence by reciting the Supplication to the Madonna of Pompeii. The other day for this is … Continue reading
I don’t often post about apparitions of Our Blessed Mother, though I pay diligent attention to those which are approved by the Holy See and some attention to those which have the approval of local bishops.
With that in mind, here … Continue reading
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now.
We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions - always GOOD Communions. … Continue reading
The US Bishops are going to need steel… spines in the upcoming battle for religious liberty.
Bishops, however, remain human beings, sinners, susceptible to many negative pressures.
And do not forget that the Enemy of the Soul hates bishops with the relentless … Continue reading
From a reader:
I prayed the Rosary with some others today, but since it was Thursday they used the Luminous Mysteries. I, however, meditated on the Joyful Mysteries. Is that legit? Would I still qualify for an indulgence if I was meditating on different … Continue reading
Several people who receive email from the SSPX have received this message and have in turn forwarded it to me. I share it with you.
On October 7, feast of our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, victorious at
Lepanto, an … Continue reading