Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I a, so glad you mentioned this link between...
- Bob B. said Let’s not forget who trained and armed ISIS...
- MariaKap said “Why is it that all the mass killers in movi...
- hald said The Giver may have been funded by the Weinsteins,...
- ckdexterhaven said And another thing….at least The Thing That U...
- gjp said Public schools (i.e. compulsory schooling) in the...
- SaintJude6 said So, once again, why are Christians continuing to s...
- Jerry said re: Suburbanbanshee – “you’re not obli...
- LarryW2LJ said A good friend and I use Echolink every Saturday....
- Bob B. said http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html A...
- Gregg the Obscure said Looking forward to this film which was recommended...
- acardnal said I tried Echolink for a while but I discontinued us...
- RJHighland said I can’t believe no one has mentioned how Pre...
- Bosco said God rest his soul and comfort his very brave famil...
- Sonshine135 said I shall stay out of Sister Shreck’s swamp!
- MarkJ said St. Bernard, pray for us. We are all Crusaders now...
- Suburbanbanshee said Obedience to lawful superiors is important, but yo...
- ecs said Defender of Truth - Democrat political hack troll...
- DanBurke said Keep an eye on the National Catholic Register on t...
- Juergensen said Too bad the crusaders didn’t finish the job.
- acricketchirps said JF84: Did we confuse Voegelin with Vonnegut? If no...
- CrimsonCatholic said @Defender of Truth That isn’t true, Bush did...
- excalibur said It isn’t their age, it is something much mor...
- LarryW2LJ said Just seems to me that going out to play golf at su...
- Jerry said re: Defender of Truth Do I understand you to be s...
- Suburbanbanshee said Every baptized Catholic has made “real vows....
- Defender of Truth said It appears that many here, including Fr. Z., have...
- Jerry said re: xgenerationcatholic – “Maybe her r...
- Sofia Guerra said Nazis – Controlling, speech, thought EVERYTH...
- Scott W. said This is why I switched to using Latin whenever som...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: sacred music
Some people on the traditional side of things are demoralized because Pope Francis has a markedly different liturgical style from that of Benedict XVI. Some might wonder if it is worth trying to promote the provisions of Summorum Pontificum and … Continue reading
I want about 15 minutes of your time.
If you are a bishop or a priest or a seminarian, please give your special attention.
Below is an excerpt from a documentary to be shown soon on EWTN (30 April 6:30 EDT) about … Continue reading
Some extol the new “humble” liturgical style of Pope Francis in the wrong way. They oppose his style to a grand or solemn style, as if the one excludes the other.
The humble does NOT cancel out the grand. Nor vice … Continue reading
I have in the past mentioned Sr. Joan Roccasalvo, CJS, who has some intelligent things to say (about which I agree for the most part) about sacred music. She has another offering at CNA, to which I want to point … Continue reading
My old friend now-Archbishop Alex Sample, before his translation to Portland, issued a Pastoral Letter on Sacred Music for the Diocese of Marquette. It is called “Rejoice in the Lord” and it is a hit.
First, remember his spectacular sermon about … Continue reading
From Catholic World Report comes a long article about the Catholic composer of sacred music James MacMillan:
James MacMillan and his sacred music for our time
In September 2010, when Pope Benedict made his historic and transformative visit to the United … Continue reading
Pope Benedict, speaking on liturgical music and the new evangelization, emphasizes Gregorian chant, polyphony, listening
Pope Benedict received in audience the “Saint Cecilia Association”, on the occasion of a congress of liturgical choirs taking place in Rome.
The reports on the Holy Father’s address were rather thin and I haven’t seen anything about this in English. … Continue reading
The latest edition of the newspaper of the Diocese of Madison (where Bp. Morlino now reigns) has a “Guest Column” worthy of your time.
My emphases and comments:
Why I hate bad church music
Written by Nico Fassino [His short bio is at … Continue reading