Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- janeway529 said Matt R says: “janeway529, I thought Archbish...
- guans said A miracle saved this man! (Story of Indian convert...
- Rachel K said Bishop McManus’ statement is jaw-droppingly...
- benedetta said Further to the early Church fathers, and, the view...
- benedetta said “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor...
- benedetta said Perhaps some would even say that the sermon I hear...
- catholictrad said I’m visiting in Maryland and was pleased to...
- FrAnt said I spoke about how we are to follow Jesus. Peter i...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said With the New Covenant, our calling is not merely t...
- Sliwka said Father spoke all over the place, and I missed the...
- TaylorKH said So, let me get this right Fr. Z. is completely t-...
- APX said Uxixu, From reading your post I can reasonably ass...
- Rich Leonardi said We assisted at our territorial parish for the vigi...
- PA mom said This looks like fun. Ok, how about an Eastern Pro...
- msc said I was once given a penance for a mortal sin that I...
- msc said I was once given a penance for a mortal sin that I...
- Deacon Greg Kandra said Okay. Just one more. My pastor mentioned this one...
- Tina in Ashburn said All the comments here are good. I’m guessing...
- thickmick said St Augustine’s interpretation of the good Sa...
- teejay329 said Our priest finished a series on the lives of the s...
- majuscule said Supertradmum– Thank you for that link.
- bj said I think it’s important to remember, in conve...
- Spade said “we were so antsy was simply that it wasn’t...
- LeeF said Perhaps some priests are not good at clearly separ...
- Random Friar said I do give some “other” penances once i...
- Spade said Wife and I also had similar sermons to benedetta a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said It is also interesting to contrast the unwillingne...
- mamajen said For Kane, a 7-year-old boy recently diagnosed with...
- Venerator Sti Lot said It is interesting to compare Robert Spencer’...
- Anita Moore OPL said The trouble with being given a penance I can’...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Sacrosanctum Concilium
Today is the 50th anniversary of the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
I went back into the archives of the blog to find my post about…
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL-CARE REFORM FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Taking his cue from post-war European national … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider:
Cardinal Cañizares explains why he agreed to preside over [not just "preside over"] Saturday’s mass for faithful from the “Una cum Papa nostro” pilgrimage, in St. Peter’s Basilica
“I gladly accepted to celebrate next Saturday’s … Continue reading
I saw on Sandro Magister’s site today a piece about Gregorian chant making a come back, a come back promoted by Benedict XVI himself through the Congregation for Divine Worship – whose brief he modified – and through his own … Continue reading
Bishop Athanasius Schneider of Kazakhstan gave a speech on 15 January 2012 in which he listed “five wounds” of the liturgical mystical body of Christ. His whole address is on Paix Liturgique.
His basic premise is that the rupture in our liturgical worship … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am searching for a Church near me to pray the Stations of the Cross
this Lent. A few do not have the Stations during Lent until a week
before Holy Week. Another stated that while the Stations use to … Continue reading
A reader sent this.
Would that this Pope were heeded — and would that he heeded his own advice!
Paul VI on Liturgical Reform
The proper implementation of the Constitution on the Liturgy [Sacrosanctum Concilium] requires of you that the “new” and the … Continue reading
The text of the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae appeared in the Saturday 14 May daily edition of L’Osservatore Romano.
In the Sunday edition of 15 May, there is a summary of a talk for the conference in Rome on Summorum Pontificum by … Continue reading
PRAYERCAzT: Sunday Vespers, with lots of frills (Liber Usualis) – 3rd Sunday after Epiphany – Fr. Z rants a little.
Lots of frills this time, for the tired brethren.
However, I did something different time. I sang the whole thing from beginning to end using the Liber Usualis.
NOTE: Most of the year people will sing the Salve Regina rather than … Continue reading
Here is a counterpoint to the position many of the readers will have.
You should also check out his blog. You will find that he is a fellow traveler. This fellow is no liberal.
The Happy Priest: Why I Love to Celebrate … Continue reading
In a conversation with a friend today it became clearer and clearer to me how the Second Vatican Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, is entirely the property of … on the side of the traditional/conversative argument.
The usual narrative which … Continue reading