HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Les Buissonets: I couldnR 17;t locate the exact post that you’ ve screenshot ted, but found one comment you might enjoy from one of his followers, a lady called Linda Daily. (https:...
- Skeinster: I used to be a member of Dr. Marshall 8217;s parish- if he still goes there. Our former pastor was death on the Veil Police as well as all other manifestat ions of “Tra dder than...
- frbolin: Dear Father Z, As one of the married clergy out there, in particular , a married convert priest, this (clerical continence ) is a question that I’ve asked and researched over the...
- aiello01: I think that laypeople are in a better position to state their opinions. They can’t be fired or demoted from their clerical jobs.
- Gregg the Obscure: may you have safe travels and many opportunit ies to share your wisdom with priests who lack your education and experience and, while it’s a long shot, may you learn...
- TonyO: Great analysis Fr. Z. Thank you!
- Deacon Greg Kandra: Hi, Father Z. Thanks for your thoughts. I just wanted to add one footnote. I’d linked to this in my earlier post, but I suspect a lot of people didn’ ;t read it. In...
- TonyO: APX: good point.
- acardnal: Fr. Z wrote, “In particular , I will be interested to see how they work with priests who prefer to celebrate the TLM or who prefer not to concelebra te.” I suspect the agend...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I look forward to your reaction on this important point. Dr. Hahn is sometimes (often?) to be found at the 12 noon Sunday TLM at Saint Peter̵ 7;s in Steubenvil le.
- Semper Gumby: Blessed travels Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Great video. Fr. Wagner: “ 230;away from something casualR 30;to something lasting. 8221; Nothing Superfluou s is an illuminati ng explanatio n of church architectu re,...
- Anne C.: I had already watched this video, having followed Dr. Marshall on YouTube for some time. I have seen his comments here, so he must also “fol low” you!
- Gab: Safe travels, Father. I’ll be praying for you.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): veritas vincit says: Reading Deacon Kandra’s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor...
- Charivari Rob: ” I may be wrong, but it seems that Kandra is, with that Humanae vitae reference, suggesting to his married diaconal confreres ignore or disobey the admonition … 221;...
- JabbaPapa: Chuck, a few times I’ve been at Mass both Vetus and Novus Ordo, and been the only worshipper except the priest. The Mass is the Mass is the Mass.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Kevin: I am hopeful. I don’ t go to things like this, as a rule. However, I’ve heard good things about past events. In particular , I will be interested to see how...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): So, beyond saving time, what are the additional reasons for the priest starting the absolution while the penitent is still making his act of contrition ?
- APX: As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for single all folks. whether they desire to live chaste lives or not. Society makes it extra difficult for them to do so. As...
- veritas vincit: Reading Deacon KandraR 17;s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor matter in the Church...
- Chuck4247: I attended an evening Mass at the local Cathedral. “I know that the 5:00 is normally our “vis itors̵ 7; Mass” ;, but thank you for being here on this 90-deg...
- veritas vincit: I would really be interested in this, if it weren̵ 7;t a 90+ minute video.
- Kevin: I am looking froward to your comments. I like a lot of things about the St. Paul Center so I am hoping their conference for Priests is meaningful .
- acardnal: I’m was reminded. . . going to Confession as a young boy prior to the Council, the priest would always say the absolution in Latin while I was saying the Act of Contrition in...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
- A dowager of the catholic Left has get’s a dose of the Left’s own medicine.
- UK readers, especially priests, HELP!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: same-sex marriage
34K black churches (NBCI) cut ties with, denounce Presbyterian ‘c’hurch USA over same-sex “marriage”
Fr. Z kudos to the 34K. From Lifesite with my emphases and comments: 34,000 black churches cut ties with the Presbyterian Church USA after it backed same-sex ‘marriage’ April 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The National Black Church Initiative (NBCI) – a … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society (see their feed on my sidebar… scroll down), which keep tabs on what is going on with Catholic higher education in these USA, has issued a statement: Cardinal Newman Society Statement Opposing Honors and Platforms for … Continue reading
Pro-abortion catholics and proponents of same-sex unions have odd company. From Life News: Satanists seek religious exemption to pro-life laws, call gay unions their ‘sacrament’ DETROIT, MI, June 10, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Whenever the American people try to curtail abortion or … Continue reading
“Oh no!”, they rush to exclaim, “We’re all about freedom! Freedom for you and for me and for… everyone! Even Catholics! We’ll never force you to marry homosexuals.” First, never accept the premise that the same-sex “marriage” issue is a matter … Continue reading
Legislatures don’t make the laws in these USA anymore. Judges nobody elected have taken over. They do whatever the hell they want in this new kritarchy. A case in point. A US District Court, Judge Barbara Crabb, struck down as … Continue reading
From the NY Daily News: Colorado baker ordered to serve gay couples vows to stop making wedding cakes This takes the cake. A Colorado baker has pledged to stop making wedding cakes after his state’s Civil Rights Commission ordered him … Continue reading
At least someone is saying it. From ZENIT: Patriarch Kirill: Violation of God’s Laws is Destroying Human Civilization Head of Russian Orthodox Church Warns Against Legislating in Favor of Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Violating God’s laws by legislating in favor of same-sex … Continue reading
What do you think of this objective headline from Bloomberg? Wisconsin’s Criminal Gay-Marriage Ban Challenged by ACLU Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker was sued by four same-sex couples seeking the right to marry in the state and to overturn a law … Continue reading
I have been saying that the Left will turn on Pope Francis. You can already see cracks in liberal unity appearing. The catholic Left is splitting. Just start reading carefully at Fishwrap. I was sent this cartoon by Matt Bors. I … Continue reading
First, Fr. Z kudos to Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois. Bishop Paprocki reacted to the evil decision in Illinois in the way that a Catholic bishop can and ought to react: he prayed. He fought back against the … Continue reading
Bp. Paprocki seems to be a “hard identity” Catholic. We need “hard identity” Catholicism. That doesn’t mean being mean. That means being clear. “Hard identity” Catholicism doesn’t reject compassion or diplomacy or joy. That’s what liberals do. “Hard identity” Catholics … Continue reading
On the site of Legatus Magazine you can read the text of a talk given this year’s Napa Institute by His Excellency Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis. He spoke about the family as the foundation of … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter’s Michael Sean Winters continues that non-Catholic site’s onslaught on orthodox bishops. Here is a sample: My colleague Brian Roewe reported yesterday on an interview given by Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois. There is much that … Continue reading
Watching the signs of the times! From Breitbart: CHRISTIAN AIRMAN PUNISHED BY LESBIAN COMMANDER FACES POSSIBLE COURT MARTIAL Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded … Continue reading