HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Credoh: Might the idea of the bread and wine remaining substantia lly unchanged be termed “cis ubstantiat ion” ? More confusion between “tra ns” and “cis ”? Is...
- Benedict Joseph: One is left to wonder why this individual remains in his “pro fession. 8221; Apparently it is the dime and the perks. His operative is caricature . It is at once quite sad...
- Semper Gumby: KateD: Great comment. DN: A bit of research will answer your question. Begin with the Soviet request. Cheers.
- onemore: “Actually” is kind of an odd word choice in the survey. Could some people think that that meant the appearance s would change? Or something like the Eucharisti c miracles? I wonder if the...
- chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presence, Francis should set...
- -DN-: What exactly was “str ategicR 21; about, say, the firebombin g of Dresden?
- Clinton R.: For a Catholic, much less a priest to say this about Transubsta ntiation is very troubling. It reflects a faith lost or never had in the the first place. Our Lord is indeed Present in...
- Kerry: My dear Fr. Reese, I’ll see your Beringer of Tours, (c. 999-1088 A.D.) and go all in with: St. Ignatius of Antioch (c. 110 A.D), St. Justin Martyr (c. 100-165 A.D.), St. Irenaeus of...
- knute: @TonyO: there was a Canadian priest a while back who had a great YouTube channel that went away (can’ ;t remember his name, but he was a great homilist). He posted his daily Mass...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am all for dropping by and visiting the Blessed Sacrament frequently . I am fortunate to live in an area where four (4) parishes have perpetual adoration. These places...
- The Masked Chicken: Dear Loye Young, First off, I read the short biography attached to your article and I must say that I, too, am a Linux fan and I support free and open source software. I had the...
- Transportsjoie: Thank you – I will look for it!
- Volanges: glennbcnu says: Just curious if there are laws in the USA for the disturbanc e of a religious service? In Canada those disrupting a service can be charged under section 176 (2) of the...
- KateD: Father, may I suggest an addition to your list? Abolish the three days of darkness that is L. A. Congress. Most catechists I’ve encountere d are well intentione d parishione rs just...
- KateD: F W I W Sometimes one may encounter regulation s about jewelry that may cause difficulty for the wearer of a scapular. A couple of years ago as we sat waiting for our son’ s soccer...
- sthedges: Question: So, for Permanent Deacons that serve at parishes that offer both Ordinary and Extraordin ary Forms, can the Permanent Deacon perform the rite of Baptism in the Extraordin ary...
- Joe in Canada: Veterum coetibus subito! (tried to preview some html code – preview button doesn̵ 7;t work)
- loyeyoung: @Mr. Graves >” ;you don’t have to donate directly to your parish/dio cese if there are liturgical abusesR 21; It turns out that yes, we do have to contribute the tithe to our...
- Charivari Rob: On Vacation – sorely needed. Yesterday – slept in (a luxury in itself), an afternoon at Valley Forge, and wonderful dinner at a restaurant in Easton, PA on tap for today...
- JonPatrick: Recently received a copy of “Voy age to Alpha Centauri 8221;. It is so good, I end up staying up past my bedtime to read it as I can’ t put it down.
- iamlucky13: I might need to try some liturgical play at home with my 4 year old to see if it inspires some semblance of attention during Mass, rather than the constant struggle to keep him from...
- roma247: Was visiting my parents out of town and went to Mass at a perfectly dreadful modern churchR 11;you know, the kind that looks like a megachurch , with an enormous submersion font in the...
- TonyO: Gorgeous, breathtaki ng chant and the shrill screams and cries of babies, toddlers, and the occasional overtired and hungry preschoole r. All emanating from the back of the church that we...
- Julia_Augusta: After 2.5 months on holiday on various Greek islands, in Turkey and on safari in Africa, I finally ended up in a city with a TLM. I went to Confession immediatel y, and went to Mass...
- bartlep: There are so many good, orthodox religious orders to which to contribute , as well as pro-life organizati ons, Catholic organizati ons that rescue sex-traffi cked girls — so many that do...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: same-sex marriage
In more Rhode Island news, I read at Life News that Fr. Brian Sistare, who recently sent out a challenge to RI Catholic lawmakers (HERE) has now told a same-sex “married” couple of men that they cannot receive Holy Communion. Fr. … Continue reading
Years ago I worked with a German sister, deeply intelligent and one of the holiest people I have ever met. We were talking about nuances of meaning in a German sentence one day and, as an aside, she explained how … Continue reading
From the Bishops of England and Wales (emphases mine): Statement on on the passing of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act Statement by the President and Vice-President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of England and Wales In receiving Royal Assent, … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette: Pres. Barack Obama: On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, … Continue reading
Over at the blog of the gentlemanly though trouble-making canonist Ed Peters (aka The Canonical Defender) there is a post about the ramifications of the suicide at Notre-Dame in Paris. Suicide—whatever mental/emotional problems induce some to commit it and which … Continue reading
With the rise of the homosexualist agenda I am seeing more news reports, on both sides of the pond, about state sponsored “anti-bullying” campaigns for children in schools. I really dislike bullies, which is one reason why I go after … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Thomas J. Tobin, Bishop of Providence has issued a pastoral letter to the people of the diocese entrusted to him. He reacts to the passage of same-sex “marriage” legislation for Rhode Island… a state which once … Continue reading
I suspect that the liberal cafeteria catholics out there who yammered against Congressman Ryan for his budget proposals will now be as silent as little butterflies about this new development. From the site of the Journal Sentinel of Milwaukee: Paul … Continue reading
This was sent by an alert reader. From the site of the Illinois Family Institute earlier in April comes this. Homosexual Activist Admits True Purpose of Battle is to Destroy Marriage Written By Micah Clark | 04.06.13 Even knowing that … Continue reading
Have you been following the controversy in Columbus? Your readers should stand up to support Bp. Campbell. Friends, this is going to happen more and more often. We are going to see myriad harassment cases in the courts, relentlessly attacking … Continue reading
CNN insinuates that Archbp. Vigneron “dialed back” his words about promoters of same-sex marriage and Holy Communion
There is a deeply flawed, perhaps even mendacious, piece on CNN about Archbishop Vigneron’s comments about Catholics who promote same-sex marriage and reception of Holy Communion. I posted about that HERE. The CNN article suggests, implies, hints, that the Archdiocese … Continue reading
A regular commentator here, the distinguish canonist Ed Peters, was quoted in an interesting article in the Detroit Free Press. Archbp. Vigneron made a clear statement about receiving Holy Communion if you advocate same-sex marriage. This is in the Freep: … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider comes this. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Mgr. Gerhard Ludwig Müller, has launched a biting attack of [on?] the mood toward the Catholic Church in the U.S. and Europe, comparing it … Continue reading
Today the UK’s daily The Telegraph published a letter to the editor signed by some 1000 priests and bishops about the Tory party’s attempts to redefine marriage. One quarter of the priests in England. I am proud of my brethren across the … Continue reading