Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Eugene said Just completed the donation, living in Canada an w...
- JonPatrick said frbkelly; “Natural Family Planning is a good...
- jacobi said @Absit, Take all these stats, Vatican or otherwise...
- Clinton R. said jhayes: “That was superseded in 1983 by Cano...
- Singing Mum said I think training up male instituted acolytes who t...
- Absit invidia said It’s striking to notice how during the 1970&...
- lampada said Responsible parenthood. Responsible parenthood me...
- frbkelly said It may be true that having lots of kids does not m...
- williamjm said As an eighteen-year-old, I would like to share my...
- frbkelly said friarpark says: frbkelly : concerning the sound re...
- Bosco said Does anyone remember a movie titled “Harvey&...
- majuscule said I wonder if ad orientem celebration would encourag...
- jameeka said It does look like a lot of work, but quite beautif...
- Philippa Martyr said PS. At Wednesday evening Mass – which we att...
- frjim4321 said Rob, “Not only must Justice be done; it mus...
- Philippa Martyr said You know, I would be lost without this blog. There...
- Philippa Martyr said “71% of the priests currently ministering in the U...
- RAve said frjim logical is not.
- RobS said “Feeling excluded” is not the same thi...
- david andrew said http://youtu.be/qbh_aCZo6L4
- C. said This is in contradiction to my understanding of Di...
- ts said This releasing of balloons seems to have the same...
- Cody said Here in Texas there are a lot of Hispanic families...
- Macgawd said Our parish adopted this posture for Advent, in ant...
- frjim4321 said “71% of the priests currently ministering in...
- The Astronomer said Done.
- Midwest St. Michael said 71% of the priests currently ministering in the U....
- iamlucky13 said See also: Night of the Lepus. Dr. McCoy is trying...
- lgreen515 said I was diagnosed with pneumonia last night. Please...
- Dienekes said If bishops can not and will not act on something s...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: same-sex unions
From Catholic World News:
Theologians blast US bishops on same-sex marriage
Three theologians who teach at Jesuit institutions [Jesuit schools again … what a surprise…] –Paul Lakeland of Fairfield University, Daniel Maguire of Marquette University, and Frank Parella of Santa Clara University [WHO? … Continue reading
Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith ‘Compels’ Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage
By Christopher Goins
May 10, 2012
Subscribe to Christopher Goins’s posts
(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that her Catholic faith “compels” her to “be against discrimination of any … Continue reading
On the site of The Hill we read that during the upcoming Democrat convention, in which they will re-nominate the Evolver-in-Chief, the dems will try to insert a plank in the platform, probably the lower part of the platform, calling for … Continue reading
The UN is trying to create a new category of human rights. We have been across this ground before (HERE and HERE).
That right, pushed by the UN, is freedom from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. Ostensibly, … Continue reading
I note with interest at the National Catholic Register (the Catholic one) that the bishops of New Jersey have issued a statement about same-sex “marriage”.
New Jersey Bishops Release New Statement on Marriage
Same-sex ‘marriage’ ‘is not marriage and should not be … Continue reading
I guess the next time I head across the pond to England (after Christmas, by the way, if everything works out the way I hope – blognic?) and have the chance to make supper for priest friends, I won’t be … Continue reading
You have seen the feeble attempt of some defenders of homosexual acts to equate the efforts of those who want unnatural “unions” to be recognize in law as if they were marriages with the civil rights racial efforts of the … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog:
The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting:
We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who want a … Continue reading
Archd. of New York’s particular law forbidding Catholic ministers any participation in same sex “marriage”
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, author of a useful book on “annulments” (paperback and Kindle) has posted at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law about particular laws for the Archdiocese of New York issued by Archbishop … Continue reading