Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said RJHighland writes, “Pope Francis crushed the...
- cyrillist said My overall take on Paglia: Very intelligent, very...
- Venerator Sti Lot said pannw, Signatories may, of course, experience diff...
- mburn16 said Not a fan of homeschooling. Sorry, but kids need e...
- Aquinas Gal said These cultural treasures can never be replaced. Th...
- Irradiated said It can also be used as a screensaver by following...
- ocalatrad said “Barbarians” is right. These people ma...
- dans0622 said We should compare past US school lunches to today&...
- Supertradmum said Having eaten many times in schools in France and E...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said If one wants to understand the darker side of huma...
- McCall1981 said https://mobile.twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/...
- ocalatrad said Welcome to the USSSA! I get indigestion just recal...
- KAS said Some of us actually avoid processed goods and eat...
- tominrichmond said ” brooding guilt and ranting fanaticism.R...
- jhayes said Don’t think I’ve heard this explained...
- northernhermit said Did you notice how the article mentioned that the...
- northernhermit said I have seen comparisons of peoples diets around th...
- Dr. Edward Peters said How do they get any work done up there?
- ray from mn said How long will we have to wait before Pope Francis...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Benedetta, While homeschooling may be an idea...
- benedetta said That set of photos may be just a “visual fac...
- Fr Martin Fox said In fairness to Mrs. Obama, school lunches in the U...
- Admiral-GER said @Father Z.: your “Brazil” is in fact &...
- HeatherPA said Thanks for the link teachermom24. I legit laughed...
- benedetta said Just yet another reason establishing that when a f...
- Sonshine135 said I have to agree with teachermom24. This appears to...
- The Masked Chicken said I would like to apologize for my last comment. I...
- LA said I once wrote to the Holy Father about the Tridenti...
- teachermom24 said With all due respect (and acknowledgment of the de...
- catholictrad said Could be they need a quality porn-blocker on the V...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
- OLDIE: Images of the Basilica of St. Peter on this Feast of the Cathedra
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: same-sex unions
Archd. of New York’s particular law forbidding Catholic ministers any participation in same sex “marriage”
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, author of a useful book on “annulments” (paperback and Kindle) has posted at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law about particular laws for the Archdiocese of New York issued by Archbishop … Continue reading
In my native place, Minnesota, the Catholic Bishops have banded together in a defense of true marriage against a redefinition of marriage to include something unnatural. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. They are working together to support passage of … Continue reading
I was alerted to this on the site of the Minneapolis STrib. This is from the Minnesota Catholic Conference and it is worth your attention:
Catholic leaders will not be silenced
Article by: JASON ADKINS Updated: October 4, 2011 – 8:35 PM
It … Continue reading
I found this to be pretty interesting. I urge you to read the whole thing. It is perhaps the best presentation of the issues I have seen in a brief form.
Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York City has sent, in … Continue reading
Minnesota Catholic Conference and Archd. STP/MPLS says “Catholics For Marriage Equality MN” is NOT affiliated with Church
I direct now your attention to the website of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and their Office for Marriage and Family. The Archdiocese made this apparent on the front page of their website.
As you may recall, His Excellency … Continue reading
On the site of KVIA in El Paso, Texas, we find this. My emphases:
El Paso Bishop Halts Priest’s Anti-Gay, Political Discourse
EL PASO, Texas — The Rev. Michael Rodriguez was transferred to a new parish because his stance on morality and … Continue reading
The Catholic League responded to Piers Morgan’s remark to presidential candidate Rick Santorum.
Last night on CNN, Piers Morgan asked presidential candidate Rick Santorum about his views on gay marriage. Santorum said he favored the traditional understanding of marriage, citing his … Continue reading
NY archbishop worried polygamy, infidelity will be next step in redefinition of marriage
NEW YORK — New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan says he’s worried that the next step in the marriage debate will be another redefinition to allow multiple partners … Continue reading
I picked up from the excellent blog The Sensible Bond, authored by a gent in England. The video is about a priest in El Paso. The blogosphere is amazing.
Fr. Michael Rodriguez spoke at a City Council Meeting about an … Continue reading
LifeSite News has a piece by John-Henry Westen entitled: A plea to U.S. Bishops: Please love enough to speak of the dangers of homosexuality.
Read the whole thing there, but here is the last part.
The only answer that will move society … Continue reading