- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Kathleen10 said Siculum, yes, absolutely. Amen to that for sure....
- Kathleen10 said Democrats/Liberals are naturally for sex reassignm...
- mschu528 said The universal, authoritative rubric is found in th...
- lana said Well, perhaps I jump to conclusions. Perhaps thei...
- DavidR said Listened on the blog. Thanks.
- lana said May I add a fourth recommendation? Do not bad-mou...
- dominic1955 said I want taxpayers to pay for my brewskis, its my ...
- Gemma said Ditto. Thank you “irish -italian mom”....
- gloriainexcelsis said In October the Apostolic Nuncio in France, Luigi V...
- OrthodoxChick said What is supposed to happen in a case such as this?...
- Paul M. said “Was the marriage in limbo for 10 years?R...
- irish-italian mom said @ Woody You are right on the money about everythin...
- Paul M. said tcreek: the case would have been sent to the ordin...
- boko fittleworth said So they said “the Church thinks in centuries...
- Netmilsmom said I listened through the plugin on this site. It pla...
- Robbie said I find this entire episode to be disgusting. It s...
- tcreek said Paul M. — What would be the status of the ma...
- Marchelli said For my friend who was hit by a car while walking h...
- Paul M. said tcreek: There was no “reinstatement of the m...
- Siculum said Once again, Father Z is very right about us EF-ers...
- yatzer said Very difficult to keep from wallowing in discourag...
- juventutemDC said Thank you Fr. Z for your encouragement at the end!...
- excalibur said ….multiplying attacks on sports, on football...
- robtbrown said tcreek, The Kennedys are rich and famous, and th...
- excalibur said I had linked to several articles regarding this on...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, 1. I don’t think it’s ju...
- tcreek said This is what happens when the “Church”...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments to my brother Gabriel’s...
- robtbrown said Johnno, 1. That’s a matter of a quick, sim...
- Woody said Many thanks for this, Father. My own hunch (and it...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: SCOTUS
The Supreme Court of these United States will take up a couple cases concerning the Obama administration’s anti-religious HHS mandate.
BREAKING: Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Challenge to HHS Contraception Mandate
The Supreme Court agreed on noon Tuesday to hear a … Continue reading
U.S. Supreme Court declines to block Texas abortion law
(Reuters) – A split U.S. Supreme Court declined on Tuesday to block implementation of a new abortion law in Texas that already has prompted a dozen clinics in the state to … Continue reading
Today real marriage and true sexual identity was dealt a blow by one of the most dangerous institutions on the planet, the Supreme Court of these United States of America.
What was the reaction of “The First Gay President”?
Obama: I won’t … Continue reading
Dreadful news from the Supreme Court:
Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act provision
The Supreme Court has struck down a federal provision denying benefits to legally married gay couples.
The 5-4 decision found the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.
“The federal statute … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has promoted abortion 241 times. Do you want him to choose two more Supreme Court Justices?
If re-elected, Pres. Obama would probably get to nominate two more Supreme Court Justices.
Think about that.
No vote at all is a “yes” vote for Obama.
Now read this from Life News:
President Obama’s Abortion Record: Promoting Abortion 241 Times
Dear LifeNews.com Readers,
We truly appreciate … Continue reading
The Supreme Court ruled that the individual mandate could survive as a tax. The penalties imposed are viewed, in the decision, as taxes.
But through the edict of non-elected HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Pres. Obama would force religious institutions against conscience … Continue reading
It seems that, in some convoluted way, Obamacare was somewhat upheld by the Supreme Court.
That means that the law under which the the Obama Administration’s “HHS mandate” is still a threat to our religious liberty.
Here is a place to … Continue reading
One of the greatest victories of feminists and left – including their catholic dupes and water-carriers – was to divorce the issue abortion from civil rights (and in the context of the Church, social justice) and twist it instead into … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
It is almost as if Jesuit-run entities, such as universities and magazines, were at war with the US Bishops.
I picked this up from the Cardinal Newman Society which keeps an eye on what’s going on at … Continue reading