Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Andrew Hollingsworth: Surely the outcome has been a huge advance on other recent scandals involving members of the Sacred College Cardinal Groër remained a Cardinal and Cardinal O’Br ien...
- Amerikaner: In addition to all this, I am sure Archbishop Vigano is praying for McCarrick& #8217;s conversion and repentance . While laicizatio n was appropriat e, I am shocked that there has been...
- acardnal: The title of your post says it all: “Mis ter” McCarrick.
- Semper Gumby: Kennedy: Outstandin g. God willing and the creek don’ t rise, church attendance and sacred worship will increase. Spinmamma: Well said. Deo Volente, for many more centuries to...
- Hb: While McCarrick deserved to be reduced to the lay state, it seems to be a move done to satiate the masses and for Rome to look like it is doing something so that after the bishops return they...
- Johann: The religion of peace, and it’s adherents who have “mig rated̶ 1; into France (i.e invaded) are responsibl e for this anti-Chris tian violence. How many Churches have to be...
- Johann: God bless his Grace Archbishop Vigano. He is proof that there are still shepherds who want to propagate the faith, because he has sacrificed so much, including a comfortabl e retirement and...
- KAS: In the United States I saw a map showing the second most common religion in every state. Nearly all our Northern states and several others listed Islam as the second most common religi...
- Grant M: @Fallibili ssimo, I was just thinking about the symbolism the other day. Well, the fish, of course, is a very ancient Christian symbol. I don’ t know what the liver represente d to...
- Geoffrey: “But who made McCarrick a cardinal? JPII, isn’t it? What did he know about McCarrick? We need to know what JPII knew and if he knew of McCarrick’ s misdeeds, we need to know why he...
- Gab: “St. Anthony tried to preach to the people about their heresy, but they wouldn’t listen. So he went to the shore and thousands of fish came to the water’s edge arranged in neat rows with...
- JGavin: Chuck ludd It is always a time to pray. Think of explaining yourself as perpetrato r to Him who died for your sins? Think of how the actions of the perpetrato r jeopardize d the faith of...
- Kennedy: I was in France last year for about 10 days. I was very impressed with the devotion of the people in the churches I visited. Even in the ones that were tourist hubs, there were always...
- Spinmamma: Although the desecratio n of the Eucharist, and the horrible murder of the elderly priest is by far more serious, the potential loss of FranceR 17;s magnificen t Gothic cathedrals is...
- monstrance: Excellent security systems with cameras and video have become quite reasonably priced. Have it linked to local law enforcemen t for immediate response. No excuses 230;
- AA Cunningham: I have been following Catholic media for a long time, and nobody ever hinted that McCarrick was hinky in any way beyond the general liberal interpreta tion of theology… Until recen...
- excalibur: Father Z, thanks for this recommenda tion. I recommend the Robert Sungenis work on ‘The Book of Genesis 217;. It deals with chapters 1 through 11, and is volume 4 of his Study...
- excalibur: There is no compromise with Mohammedan ism, which practition ers of that political system prefer we call ‘Isl am’. Islam means submission . Those who refuse to learn from...
- Chuck Ludd: It is not a time to gloat, but a time to pray.
- Kathleen10: Fr. Z. I really enjoy your food adventures . I love cooking and baking and should do more of it. I love the food posts because they are such a welcome momentary break from all the rest....
- Luminis: St Therese of Lisieux pray for us!
- JGavin: I think this is killing the chicken to scare the monkey. A cleaning from top to bottom is needed.Who knew what and when. There is still the aroma of obfuscatio n and not fessing up. I also...
- Gab: Aeterne rerum omnium … O God, who bringest all things into existence, remember that the souls of unbeliever s have been called into existence by Thee, and that they have been made after...
- Gab: Okay, NOW I believe it.
- veritas vincit: WmHesch: ‘1) McCarrick has not been expelled from the Franciscan order… so presumably he would be “Brother McCarrick” ’ As far as I can tell, particular ly from his...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
- TRANS-NEPTUNIAN COMET APPROACHES EARTH
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Epiphany AND 5th Ordinary Sunday: Familial military or martial family?
- L’Affaire McCarrick: Soon to be “Mister”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: SCOTUS
According to accounts, 85-yr old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg had a fall, broke some ribs, and is not in the hospital. While one mustn’t wish ill on another, it could be that this episode might prompt in the Justice some … Continue reading
I’m entirely convinced that this blog is badly treated by Google. From Newsbusters: Google Staff Reacts to Kavanaugh: ‘F—. YOU. ALL. TO. HELL.’ It’s hard to believe that people with political agendas are capable of building unbiased products. Google certainly … Continue reading
From PJMedia comes this insightful comment on the Left: Kavanaugh Foes Fill Senate Gallery With Sounds of the Insane I’ll charm the air to give a sound, While you perform your antic round. – MacBeth I was in the Senate … Continue reading
@JamesMartinSJ close association with “comedian” whose writer is “glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh’s life”
Homosexualist activist and Jesuit Fr. James Martin, LGBTSJ, calls himself the “Show Chaplain” for the execrable and only occasionally amusing Stephen Colbert. HERE and HERE Here’s something for the “Show Chaplain” to Colbert Report, Colbert’s former show before taking over a … Continue reading
Yesterday I watched the Kavanaugh Senate hearing. There were some important moments, including the fact that Kavanaugh arrived wearing his game face and Sen. Graham gave the Dems a piece of his mind. Turning points, both. Amusing moments: Sen. … Continue reading
UPDATE 7 Sept I am watching the third day of hearings for SCOTUS nominee Judge Kavanaugh. Today there are panels, with members pro and con his approval by the Senate. I thought that the previous two days were going to … Continue reading
On this 150th anniversary of the 14th Amendment, the smears against newly nominated Judge Kavanaugh have begun. BTW… it doesn’t matter that the Left knows that that has nothing to do with Roe v. Wade: that issue always whips up … Continue reading
UPDATE: Anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice. Check out the WSJ piece about the group to which Judge Amy Coney Barrett belongs. ___ Originally Published on: Jun 29, 2018 I’ve been looking at the list of the SCOTUS candidates from … Continue reading
Well… one of the shoes dropped. Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement. Pres. Donald Trump gets to nominate a second Justice. We have to dust off his list of SCOTUS candidates. This is amazing. Think about it. How many huge … Continue reading
Some time ago I asked you to pray during oral arguments before the SCOTUS concerning a 1st Amendment case from California, which tried to force pregnancy centers to provide abortion information. HERE In other words, they tried to force pro-life … Continue reading
Looking At Danger: Justice Kennedy, SCOTUS, and Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
Today at Crisis there is a good summary piece about the complicity of catholic Justice Anthony Kennedy with the secularist Left and about the recent SCOTUS decision in the matter of Masterpiece Cakeshop, LTD v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, which probably left … Continue reading
UPDATE 20 March: Link to the transcript of the oral arguments for the good guys. HERE ___ Originally Published on: Mar 19, 2018 Can the government force Christian pro-life centers to advertise taxpayer-funded abortions? California says they can. That’s the essential question … Continue reading
At Crisis there is a masterful explanation of the most recent US Supreme Court decision which upheld (7-2) religious liberty. On days like today, we need some GOOD news. I won’t do anything with it here. You should go there … Continue reading
As the Gorsuch Trials continue, this comes from the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Catechumen nominee Neil Schlesing said that “no man is above canon law” when pressed on whether Pope Francis could allow divorced and remarried Catholics to receive communion. … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Kansas City, Kansas, His Excellency Most Rev. Joseph Naumann, issued some thoughts about the candidates in the upcoming – important – presidential election. Writing about Dem VP candidate and catholic quisling Tim Kaine (who spent time where Naumann is … Continue reading