You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Nathan said Fr Z, wise and prudent advice. I was amused, tho...
- BLB Oregon said –Obedience is better than sacrifice (especia...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Fr.Z’s answer seems completely sound to me....
- The Masked Chicken said Obedience is NOT the issue, here. There is an old...
- Catholic Granny said Just a thought: if your priest desires “uni...
- onosurf said Only a NO priest or a priest that offers the TLM i...
- Imrahil said Dear @robtbrown, because of the general principle...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said “By becoming a server and thus a more full p...
- Henry Edwards said “I was at a very large con-celebrated mass t...
- StWinefride said Communion in the hand is not the Catholic way of r...
- Sam Schmitt said @Athelstan: Agreed.
- Legisperitus said “Dynamic equivalence” is neither.
- jenne said Maltese you have sworn me off exercise! LOL —...
- Phil_NL said Robtbrown His right to receive on the tongue may n...
- momoften said I am confused. Why didn’t they observe this...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL says: robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the...
- Phil_NL said robtbrown Not how, but by whom – the person...
- phlogiston said Point taken APX. Point taken! (LOL)
- robtbrown said Imrahil says: If Communion in the hand is merely...
- APX said serving on the altar “AT” the altar....
- Cazienza said I think I would agree with Tradster: If he were my...
- Gail F said While I’m certain this is distressing for th...
- robtbrown said And wouldn’t it be great use as a litmus test the...
- Imrahil said Well, it all depends on our principles. If Communi...
- phlogiston said I can’t imagine continuing my membership in...
- Tradster said Liberals win when the rest of us give in. If he we...
- ray from mn said By becoming a server and thus a more full particip...
- Lisieux said Obedience is better than sacrifice (especially whe...
- boxerpaws1952 said an event like Ok is certainly a reminder to all of...
- Scott W. said Percentage of sour grapes of the makers of this su...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: SCOTUS
“Secularizing trends, including the expropriation of Church goods and the elimination of privileges, frequently lead to “a profound liberation of the Church from forms of worldliness.” – Benedict XVI in Freiburg, Germany.
For years I have been harping on … Continue reading
Chilling: SCOTUS hears case touching on right of Churches to self-determination, “ministerial exception”, discrimination
In argument before the Supreme Court on an anti-discrimination case, the solicitor general—representing the Obama administration—said that the government would uphold the right of the Catholic Church to preserve an all-male priesthood, [NB:] but only “because the balance of … Continue reading
This is an excellent piece from Townhall.
Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University of Steubenville?
Daniel Webster was the most famous lawyer of his day. In 1819, the “Godlike Daniel” stood before the U.S. Supreme Court and argued passionately … Continue reading
Over at the National catholic Fishwrap, Jamie Manson has flung herself headlong into another error.
I won’t torment you with a fisking of the whole article. Suffice it to say that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is said to have defended, … Continue reading
From First Things:
The Present State of Our Polygamous Future
Jul 20, 2011
In an interview on the science in science fiction, novelist William Gibson noted, “[T]he future is already here. It’s just not evenly distributed yet.” What Gibson meant was that … Continue reading
Students Ordered to Stop Praying Outside Supreme Court Building
By Todd Starnes
Published July 15, 2010
A group of Christian students was ordered to stop praying outside the U.S. Supreme Court building on May 5 because a court police officer told them … Continue reading
The other day I posted this:
Supreme Court about priests as Vatican employees – sky not yet falling
Now, via Fr. Finigan, I found an entry on Religion Law Blog about the … Continue reading
My email inbox suggests to me that there is a lot of anxiety out there about recent news that the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) turned down an appeal by the Holy See against a lower court ruling that U.S. Catholic … Continue reading
From Operation Rescue with my edits:
Clinton Era Memo Betrays Kagan’s Extremist Pro-Abortion Thinking
Written by Operation RescuePosted June 30, 2010
Commentary by Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, Operation Rescue
Washington, DC – Earlier this week, the Clinton Library released a number … Continue reading
From CNA about POTUS’s SCOTUS’s nominee:
Rabbis say Kagan not a ‘kosher’ Supreme Court nominee
Alexandria, Va., Jun 27, 2010 / 06:13 pm (CNA).-
According to the National Rabbinical Alliance and its more than 850 Orthodox Jewish members, Supreme Court nominee Elena … Continue reading